IS it all guys who do software design (1 Viewer)

!R3VOLUTION!

HSC
Hello pple

i was wondering is it SDD a guys subject or is there any gurls on BOS who does it, i know i asked one friend from a Co-ed skool is there any gurls in their class and he replied no. and i noticed itz all guyz so i was wondering do gurls do SDD

Xperamental

HSC
all boys at my school, one girl was in our class for 3 days, she got outta there quick

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
there are some girls who do computer based subjects such as SDD and IPT, just as there are some guys who do dance or drama etc
pretty uncommon though

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
I have a girl at my school who does it. I would've done it if it didnt run on the same line as chem.

!R3VOLUTION!

HSC
I know more gurls do IPT then SDD but i hate IPT i dropped out, SDD is more fun then IPT

jirwin

HSC
theres 2 girls that i know of in the SDD class at my school. i did IPT and would of liked to do SDD but it clashed with DNT and the other DNT class clashed with my accelerated IPT class last yr so i couldn't do it... was annoyed at the time but im over it now - i've seen my friends work so i dont think i missing out on that much

gods-lil-rocker

HSC
Im doing SDD!!!!! and im a girl... there are 3 of us in our class!!!.... the biggest my teacher has had in years..
and my teacher is a girl!

Tu17

Latte addict XD
HSC
lol cool, our sdd class is quite pathetic.. 6 ppl and a clueless teacher :D but well what can we do... lol though i guess the trials will show us just how good/bad were going.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
In my school you can pretty much guarantee that all the technical (e.g IPT or SDD) or scientifically intensive (e.g Physics) subjects have almost no girls or not a single girl at all.

All the girls like to pick the easy subjects or the less-intensive science subjects.
At our school, Biology has lots of girls in it, half the Chemistry class is full of girls and there are no girls at all in our Physics class.

Deal with it, many girls just don't want to take the technical or scientifically intensive subjects.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Our class is five guys. One girl dropped it sometime last year, I give her crap all the time because I actually had every single subject with her but through her subject chops and changes we now share just 2/6, haha.

eliseliselise

HSC
i picked SDD and i'm a girl :D i'm the only one though, but this year in my IST class i'm one of 4 girls and there are about 40 doing the course. i completely agree with Forbidden. though, most of my friends pick things like CAFS, textiles and hospitality but deep down i think if girls are willing 2 take the plunge they can be just as good if not better at IT than boys.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Official BOS enrolment statistics for 2007:

Subject: Software Design & Development
Units: 2
Females: 147
Males: 1730
Total Enrolments: 1877

So there you have it: 7.83% of SDD students are girls, the rest are guys.

For comparison, IPT has 1517 girls, 3744 guys, 5261 total, which means it's 28.83% girls.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
ajdlinux said:
Official BOS enrolment statistics for 2007:

Subject: Software Design & Development
Units: 2
Females: 147
Males: 1730
Total Enrolments: 1877

So there you have it: 7.83% of SDD students are girls, the rest are guys.

For comparison, IPT has 1517 girls, 3744 guys, 5261 total, which means it's 28.83% girls.
Where did you get that ?

HSC
It's somewhere on the boardofstudies website, I've seen it before.

Very interesting, unfortunately no girls doing software at our school. We have 2 doing IPT and one different girl doing IT.

bishoujosamurai said:
I'm the only girl in my class, and I'm coming 1st. WTFBBQ?!
That is sooo hot!

Thunderbolt

HSC
Three males and a female teacher. :)

Sheeit! A lot less that I thought that are taking Software Design... I was told around ~6,000...

Oh well. Less to compete with on Monday the first. :D

HSC
ajdlinux said:
Yeah, I was surprised SDD was so unpopular
More jobs+money for us.

darkwolfzx said:
oh great..near the beginning of yr 11 we were promised one lady
LOL. Sorry, that just sounds hilarious.

darkwolfzx said:
to others out there as well, linux owns. Microsoft holds a pathtic monopoly and I support the open source movement :p
Instant win :D

Last edited:

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
More jobs+money for us.
Now what was that I heard you say, Mrs Bishop, 'skills shortage'? Seriously, out of 67000 HSC students this year only around 10% of them are doing an IT course. Oh well, all the more $100k+ jobs for us :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)