Is it cheating?? (1 Viewer)

k_2017

HSC
We had a hand-in assessment due last Friday, and on Wednesday my friend took the day off school to work on it + another task. This obviously doesn't break the "must attend the day before" rule, but I feel like people doing this is a bit unfair on the rest of the class group.

Is this something people always do in their HSC year?? Do you think it is unfair??

Last edited:

si2136

HSC
N/A
It's not cheating and people do it all the time. But yes, it is unfair.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
We had a hand-in assessment due last Friday, and on Wednesday my friend took the day off school to work on it + another task. This obviously doesn't break the "must attend the day before" rule, but I feel like people doing this is a bit unfair on the rest of the class group.

Is this something people always do in their HSC year?? Do you think it is unfair??
Yes this happens in my school. It's not cheating - it's just unethical. I know some teachers look down on it, but they can't do anything about it. Personally, without a valid reason it is unfair, but like before, nothing can be done.

Flop21

HSC
I don't think it's unfair at all. Anyone can do it.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Its something that very disorganised people do. Life is not going to be about fairness all the time-if you seek fairness and justice in everything, you will find yourself disappointed most of the time.

As an aside, people who usually work on their assessment last minute in general don't get really good marks, so why trip up about it-focus on yourself and making sure you do the best in your assessments instead

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
In my school, if you take a day off before the assessment without presenting a medical certificate (or some other legit reason why you had to be away), it's an automatic 0

We're also forced to empty our pockets (not always but sometimes) /no pencil cases out unless clear etc

Yea my school focuses alot on fairness lol

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

k_2017

HSC
Same with my school :)

^ This was the day before the day before the assessment :)

Flop21

HSC
We had people constantly going to the toilet during our trials haha, pretty sus.

And no pockets were not checked before hand.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Same with my school :)

^ This was the day before the day before the assessment :)
No, I mean if you are away a day before the assessment it's a 0 (if you did not present a med cert or some legit reason)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)