Is it easy getting an atar above 90? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys...
So..
Is it easy getting an atar above 90, even just 91?
Around what marks (estimate)do u have to get in all ur subjects? 80?

beaubrah

HSC
To answer your questions, it requires a lot of effort to get a 90 atar, getting 90 isn't easy but it isn't really hard. You can get any atar you want with a right mindset. Some people can study for like 6hrs a day and end up with a 75atar and some people can do like 3hrs a day and get a 90 atar(my brother aha). You will hear this for like the rest of your schooling life, it's the quality of work not the quantity. Trying to get high band 5's and getting one or two band 6s can get you to around a 94ish atar. So overall, it's not easy to get a 90 atar but it depends on how your going in school and the main thing is DO YOU BELIEVE YOU CAN GET A GOOD ATAR. Hopefully you get something out of this aha

HSC 2015- Goal:90+ ATAR

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Not hard, depends on your work ethic and natural talent

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
depends on school, in selective schools your conditioned to think high 90s are hard and that getting 90+ is expected of you. and i dont think natural talent is influential, its purely how much you work, hsc is about time management not IQ

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
depends on school, in selective schools your conditioned to think high 90s are hard and that getting 90+ is expected of you. and i dont think natural talent is influential, its purely how much you work, hsc is about time management not IQ
Selective school mentality: Under 95 atar, you are crap.

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
keep preachin'

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I got 91.90

I did:

Modern History 88
History Extension 40 (E3)
Legal Studies 93
Business studies 87
Music 87
English Advanced 88
English Extension 40 (E3)

So yeah, for low 90s you need high 80s (well depends actually...)

I will tell you that I wasn't the most consistent students in terms of study. In fact I didn't study much at all (hence the mediocre atar). I worked 3-4 shifts a week, had heaps of commitments and in my spare time, I procrastinated.

I studied a week before trials and I studied 2 weeks before the HSC (terrible I know)

I'm lucky to have passed business studies/history extension/advanced - because I didn't study much besides reading over some notes...

If you want to do "well" (such a subjective term) just study, manage your time effectively and get into a routine. I wish I had done that.

enoilgam

HSC
Hey guys...
So..
It depends on the person and how much effort they put in - some people can do hardly anything and get over 90, others struggle to hit 80. Natural ability is not the most important factor when it comes to success in the HSC, but it is nonetheless a factor. A person with natural ability can study in a far more effective manner and can easily see what they need to do in order to gain a certain mark.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It really depends on the subjects combinations and how high in the 80s are you talking about... if you want a more specific answer, give an indication of how you are going in your subjects so far and what your subjects are..

Lina3

HSC
I suppose getting 90 is achievable for the majority of people with the right mind set. It does depend on the scaling of your subjects though. Some one above said that getting one or two band 6's and some band 5's will take you up to about 94. I got 2 band 6's and the rest band 5's and ended up with an ATAR in the high 80's coz the subjects happened not to scale too well in 2013. So you'd have to give your subject to get a more specific answer.

buriza

conviction
HSC
Hey guys...
So..
Depends on the individual. You can make it easier by applying yourself through effective studying. And what marks you need to get is reliant on the subjects and the year, but for a general estimation, you will need around mid-band 5s for all your subjects.

cloudxex

HSC
To answer your questions, it requires a lot of effort to get a 90 atar, getting 90 isn't easy but it isn't really hard. You can get any atar you want with a right mindset. Some people can study for like 6hrs a day and end up with a 75atar and some people can do like 3hrs a day and get a 90 atar(my brother aha). You will hear this for like the rest of your schooling life, it's the quality of work not the quantity. Trying to get high band 5's and getting one or two band 6s can get you to around a 94ish atar. So overall, it's not easy to get a 90 atar but it depends on how your going in school and the main thing is DO YOU BELIEVE YOU CAN GET A GOOD ATAR. Hopefully you get something out of this aha

HSC 2015- Goal:90+ ATAR
nsis
getting 90+ is ezpz

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
What I recommend you do is:
> Find an ATAR calculator
> Enter your subs
> Use the reverse ATAR calculator to determine what HSC marks you need for each subject to achieve 90+

From there, you can make your study timetable more structured, effective and geared towards your ATAR goal. Keep in mind though, that scaling changes every year, so whilst those marks you see on your calculator may give you an ATAR of 90 in one year, it could give you an ATAR of 89 or 91 the next year. So always aim a bit higher, just in case scaling will negatively affect you. If it positively affects you, great! :D

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Yea getting above 90 is ez. Its just about breakin into the .95 that is hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)