Is it just me... HSC overrated? (1 Viewer)

Is the HSC overrated?

• Yes

Votes: 70 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 19.5%

• Total voters

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I just started Year 12 and really, it's just a breeze. The course work really isn't that hard except MX2 which is actually hard - MX1 could be considered hard but isn't to the extreme. HSC isn't overrated if you need a high ATAR for your course - if you don't need a high ATAR then it really isn't hard.

The only thing that's important is getting straight into uni - not taking other crap to get into your course.

cathybouris

HSC
Uni Grad
I just started Year 12 and really, it's just a breeze. The course work really isn't that hard except MX2 which is actually hard - MX1 could be considered hard but isn't to the extreme. HSC isn't overrated if you need a high ATAR for your course - if you don't need a high ATAR then it really isn't hard.

The only thing that's important is getting straight into uni - not taking other crap to get into your course.
"I just started Year 12" being the key information in your post. The beginning of year 12 isn't much like the end of it.

Yallaby1

HSC
i remember the school trying to freak us out about the year 10 school certificate.. like wth maaaaaaan lol

nephh22

HSC
It is just me or does the HSC seem to be overrated?

I've completed four out of my 5 exams and I wouldn't say it's been to stressful for me..... (but then again, it takes alot to stress me out.),
Also I wouldn't say that the tests have been that hard either...

I have to say that the HSC is all hype.

Thoughts?
I completely agree my fellow HSC friend. :)

dudsmlc

HSC
I believe there is an unsubstantiated amount of pressure surrounding it. Although, how you feel about the HSC will always depend on your goals. John Fisher out in Yass struggling to get an ATAR of 70 could be struggling just as much as the people aiming for 99+ just because of their different abilities. People that could get 90+ if they applied themselves but only need 80-85 will think it's a breeze. It all comes down to the individual. Personally I have found aspects challenging but on the whole I think it has been okay. Of course, this time next year we will all probably think...wow this really wasn't all that significant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)