Is it just me... HSC overrated? (1 Viewer)

Is the HSC overrated?

• Yes

Votes: 70 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 19.5%

• Total voters

MadGold777

HSC
It is just me or does the HSC seem to be overrated?

I've completed four out of my 5 exams and I wouldn't say it's been to stressful for me..... (but then again, it takes alot to stress me out.),
Also I wouldn't say that the tests have been that hard either...

I have to say that the HSC is all hype.

Thoughts?

timting95

HSC
I agree with you, from year seven i've heard about all the Year 12s finishing school and how the HSC is a monster of an exam where you spend all year learning stuff and you only get tested on like a tiny fraction, so you have to memorise whole textbooks etc...

I have to say, i've been pretty relaxed during these exams - though i think i may have done better...

Exotic

HSC
The HSC has proven to be a psychological game. First they scare the crap out of you telling you how important it is and about its consequences, then when you sit the exams you realise it's pretty easy, just a regular exam that is probably easier than the school-set exams. Totally overrated.

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
Totally over-rated. Getting into uni is so easy.

enoilgam

HSC
It is just me or does the HSC seem to be overrated?

I've completed four out of my 5 exams and I wouldn't say it's been to stressful for me..... (but then again, it takes alot to stress me out.),
Also I wouldn't say that the tests have been that hard either...

I have to say that the HSC is all hype.

Thoughts?
It depends on your aims. If they are achievable, then the HSC is overrated. If they are difficult or unachievable, then it can be very hard. But in terms of its impact on your future - the HSC is overrated to the extreme.

Last edited:

WaterIsLiquid

HSC
hsc is piss sh1t easy if you studied from years 7-12. just trying to ace 11-12 is when its hard.

HSC
Uni Grad
Like most things school/uni related everything seems so important and serious until the moment you complete it.

Or at least that's what I've always found.

Alliese

HSC
I think it all depends because there are some people aiming for ATAR's of 99+; they will definitely not find it easy because they have to score really high marks in everything they do meaning they are not allowed to miss out on anything at any moment..... I guess if you're aiming at an ATAR of around 80-85 then it would be a little easier even though I know people who have aimed for an ATAR of 95+ and ended up getting something in the mid 80's because the pressure was too much for them to handle consistently - not to mention that writing 8 page essays for the exams is a physically demanding task in the tiny 3 hour limit...

Once you finish though, it does look a bit stupid going through year 12 thinking it's the apocalypse... :)

Atarer

HSC
The HSC has proven to be a psychological game. First they scare the crap out of you telling you how important it is and about its consequences, then when you sit the exams you realise it's pretty easy, just a regular exam that is probably easier than the school-set exams. Totally overrated.
sitting in an exam makes you feel you dont care

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
400 :)
Yes i think its over rated, during the whole year i've only played games during the holidays but during HSC i've been playing games and chilling like fuark,

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Like most things school/uni related everything seems so important and serious until the moment you complete it.

Or at least that's what I've always found.
This, which is the feeling I suspect most people are feeling right now.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
It depends on your aims. If they are achievable, then the HSC is overrated. If they are difficult or unachievable, then it can be very hard. But in terms of its impact on your future - the HSC is overrated to the extreme.
This. If someone needs 99.95 atar for their course, then I think they would be freaking out to the max, but there are always low ATAR courses at other unis etc.

Tsunayoshi

Full Time Mime
HSC
400 :)
Yes i think its over rated, during the whole year i've only played games during the holidays but during HSC i've been playing games and chilling like fuark,
This. Preparing myself for AC: Revelations, by replaying all the others ;)

But other than that, i was genuinely surprised at how well i have performed so far..hopefully not jynxing myself for chem tomorrow -.-

Glorious

HSC
Totally over-rated. Getting into uni is so easy.
Depending on your expectations, that is. Maybe for you its easy, but there are heaps who are probably struggling for a 60 + ATAR to get into uni and do something decent.... But yeah. It's easy in terms of putting a decent effort and obtatining an ATAR that allows you to do SOMETHING in uni.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I wasn't stressed at all. Exams are exams, much tougher things crop up in life

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)