is it necessary to go to tuition centre?? (1 Viewer)

Cesc Fabregas 4

HSC
is it necessary to go to tuition centre?
MathEX2,1 physics,chemistry

cheers</SPAN>

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
nah, self study is enough, though if you need extra help, or if you have crap teachers and/or go to a crap school, then tutoring can be useful :)

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Depends how you're coping with the subject.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
it's only necessary if you feel it's necessary, e.g. if youre falling way behind at school.

that being said, you can easily get through year 12 with a stellar uai without tutoring.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Only if your teacher is shit, you're stupid or you're lazy or a combination of them.

K

khorne

Think about your question first...

If you were required to go to one, even to get a good mark, how did the people before these places opened up do it? How would anyone do it without the money? How would the board assure quality? So obviously, it isn't.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd like to try tutoring, not because I feel the need but to see how it can help, if it does. I don't think that it's necessary at all, only if you ever feel the need.

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
I have tutors for some subjects, and they're good to keep on track with your work or if you're really behind.

Tutoring is pretty damn unnecessary if you know what you're doing, put the work in, work efficiently and you have good teachers. They aren't miracles of any sort: if you're lazy, you're already doomed for failure anyway.

Almost like me, maybe. Hopefully not.

Last edited:

bettina44

HSC
nope don't ever think that you need to be one of those crazy freaks who spend 6 hours a weekend to do twice the work and learn ahead on top of schoolwork and assessments which i reckon is enough already to come first or get 100%.

jellybelly59

HSC
nope don't ever think that you need to be one of those crazy freaks who spend 6 hours a weekend to do twice the work and learn ahead on top of schoolwork and assessments which i reckon is enough already to come first or get 100%.
lol i go to tutor for 6 hrs a week but i don't think im a crazy freak :( LOL but at least i know im not the only one.

Last edited:

yummy-cookies

HSC
No, it isn't necessary to go to a tuition centre. It is entirely possible to get a UAI of 100 working with your teachers at school and by yourslef without the extra help. However, tutoring often boosts people's marks because its a form of forced studying so you don't fall off track during the year.

I currently don't do any tutoring, but am now considering. Do you think its too late to start now so late in the game?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)