Is it possible to get an 80 atar in hsc, when performed badly in previous assesments? (1 Viewer)

throgradsenn

HSC
Gday,
As the title says; ...

By badly I am saying I have done probably above average but not by much in class until trials. My trials were absolutely horrendous - only getting above 50% in one subject (a 63% in mod. history). This is mostly due to me being sick for half of term 3 and missing out on heaps of classes and study. I was wondering if it is at all possible to get an 80 atar. I have a pretty bad immune system so I took a week off this term too with a throat infection :| I really want to do well and I'm stressing so much.

I have been in contact with my biology and english advanced teacher and I am sitting down with them each week to talk about how to improve before the HSC.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It is definitely good that you are taking the initiative of seeking advice from your teachers as this shows that you genuinely care about your studies and your performance. Generally speaking, additional information, such as your rank in each of your subjects as well as the number of band 6's/E4's (and, if available, the number of band 5's/E3's) would contribute to a more informed assessment of your current position. However, I think that an 80 ATAR could be within reach, provided that you perform at a level that would maximise your chances of achieving this ATAR in your HSC exams (i.e. at least in the band 5/E3 region). The fact that the HSC exams are worth 50% makes them quite significant and therefore gives you a great opportunity to turn things around in your favour.

Now that I think about it, I actually remember talking to you before. Since then, I still believe that you can achieve your ATAR goal.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)