Is it possible? (1 Viewer)

Jeebs

HSC
Is it possible / feasible to actually, seriously fall in love with someone, even though you are not in a relationship with them? I say yes, however, my friend completely disagrees and stands by the fact that you can't fall in love with someone unless you are in a relationship with them...

Thoughts on this would be appreciated immensely…

Thanks, Ciao

p.s. "relationship" is by the terms of boyfriend/girlfriend

Jeebs

HSC
what about if you "fall in love" with your best friend/mate... is that possible considering there is an element of a relationship, however it's just not on a romantic level?

transcendent

HSC
N/A
so all those feelings you have for someone else is meaningless unless they are returned? sounds fucked up to me. your saying that unless it's returned it can't be called love. how do you know it's really being returned? what if they are cheating on you? so in hindsight it wasn't love it was just passion or an obsession on one side and being used on the other? what happens after breaking up? was that love or was it wrong? was it a delusion, both thinking it was love but it actually wasn't? i'd say you could love something, love is merely a delusion, a creation of the mind, an over exaggerated obsession for another person. wow great, you both feel the same for each other, good for you. but do you REALLY feel exactly the same? cause it's a degree of love/obsession for each other. you could love someone and be in a relationship where one is willing to admit they love you whilst the other wont say the words because they aren't sure yet. how about those that have obsessed over someone for 10 years, is that love? or is it only love when the other person finally notices and returns it. love isn't always equal. i've had many discussions where girls admit that they prefer the guys or themselves to love the other more. so yes, you can love even when it's not returned.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
most definately yes, why do you have to be in a relationship with the person to be in love with them? don't start all that about knowing the person inside out, knowing their goods and bads before loving them...love to my knowledge doesn't work that way...if you're in love, you're in love.

katy-g

HSC
Well im in LOVE with Jason Momoa... and we're not dating...

Does that count?

davin

HSC
N/A
i'd say yeah..... hense the concept of unrequited love

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
No you can not fall in love with someone you have no relationship with (eg friend, partner, etc) - you can however fall in lust with them.

I would contend it to be possible to fall in love with a close friend or somesuch without having a relationship beyond platonic.

Dr_Doom

HSC
I recon it's possible. That's why so many people get so hurt when they get rejected.

davin

HSC
N/A
i'd add that, yeah, i'd not believe it in cases where you've not interacted with someone a fair amount at least...... in other words, not the love at first sight thing, but that you can fall in love with someone even though you're just friends, or such

alby

cool duckie
HSC
only if you've been in a long & close relationship (eg. close friends for at least a couple of years) - i'm not saying you have to know every last detail about them, but you cant fall in love with someone when you know sfa about them! and a lot of the time, you need your feelings to be requitted to know that they are 'real'

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
loquasagacious said:
you can however fall in lust with them.
agree.
i think for love to form, you have to have known them for a while as friends or something to get to know what type of person they are, and more importantly: to find out what is about them that you are in love with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)