Is it possible? (1 Viewer)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Yes, I say it's possible. Not someone from "afar". Like the way my friend reckons she's "in love" with a guy she's seen maybe 6 times, and spoken to maybe 3 out of those times.

But you could fall in love with a close friend. Because ultimately in a close friendship, you learn everything about that person, and you love them regardless of their faults, and thus you realise, "uh-oh, I'm in love with my bestfriend".

If you need sex/kissing to fall in love with someone, then I doubt it's the person that you love, but rather the acts that you're doing with that person!

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Of course it's possible.

Don't you kind of need to be in love with someone to have a relationship with them?

'Course, the love can come after it begins, but it can also be the way that a relationship is started.

Depends on who you are, what you think etc. and what you've experienced.

lisa45

HSC
i find it really creepy when people fall in love with someone but the feelings aren't mutual. mainly because i was pretty much stalked by this guy that claimed to be in love wiht me throuhgout juniour school. i think maybe its possible to love someone without being in a relationship but not possible to be IN love with them. if that makes sense. anyways its creepy.

arrested development
HSC
It's different for different people, I guess. It probably depends how much of a cynic and skeptic you are in relation to love and such. But everyone knows in their heart when they're in love. :)

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
what is love? baby dont hurt me, dont hurt me, no more...

if i knew i'd comment, but eh - im sure its possible in certain situations ... like me and blaskmo :eek:

davin

HSC
N/A
lisa45 said:
i find it really creepy when people fall in love with someone but the feelings aren't mutual. mainly because i was pretty much stalked by this guy that claimed to be in love wiht me throuhgout juniour school. i think maybe its possible to love someone without being in a relationship but not possible to be IN love with them. if that makes sense. anyways its creepy.
well, to be fair its also not exactly the best thing to be in love with someone that doesn't love you.

though the particular guy you mention....was a bit off, esp if it was at substantially younger ages

Jiga

Well define love?

In a broad sense, you could technically say the act of flirting with someone is expressing your love/attraction to someone, and this occurs towards complete strangers in initial circumstances. So this would suggest the answer to the question is Yes.

On the other hand, in a more traditional sense, you have to know the person to be in love, there are deeper meanings to it. This would suggest the answer is No.

Its all about perspective really, different people view love in different ways

davin

HSC
N/A
attraction to someone isn't the same as loving someone though

arrested development
HSC
I think this is how you can tell who you it is you really love. Ok, so I was on a flight a couple of weeks ago and we were going through some really bad turbulence. I was getting rather freaked out and, hence, I began to panic and wonder who I would call first if the plane was going to crash and I could only talk to one person before I died. And that is the person who I must love. :)

Jiga

I think this is how you can tell who you it is you really love. Ok, so I was on a flight a couple of weeks ago and we were going through some really bad turbulence. I was getting rather freaked out and, hence, I began to panic and wonder who I would call first if the plane was going to crash and I could only talk to one person before I died. And that is the person who I must love
Haha ah yes, so everyone who wants to know who they love, go on a plane, ask the pilot to get the plane into some turbulence, and then decide who you'd ring!

You can feel it when your in love, dont think you need to be in harms way to decide.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Do i dare disturb the universe?

sure you can love someone that doesnt love you back. There is a big difference between being in love with someone and loving someone.
Love from afar cant be a myth[it depends on how far i guess] and some people fall in love with others they have no chance with e.g friends wife or a girl so far above them that they dont talk [although its hard to see in that circumstance how one could get to know her so well and hencelove her essence without even talking - stalker!]

Its a pretty tricky concept, the easy answer is no yo ucant because if you belieive that it will stop you getting hurt so much later on.

arrested development
HSC
Ok, I'm not insane.

I just have bad ideas on love. Ummm I'm in love with someone who has been missing since 1995 and who I've never met. But, like, I am in love. For sure.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Umm, yeah i would say its possible...but i think it takes being with and around someone for a reasonable amount of time to consider whether it is actually love or just a very strong feeling of some sort..

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Well define love?

In a broad sense, you could technically say the act of flirting with someone is expressing your love/attraction to someone, and this occurs towards complete strangers in initial circumstances. So this would suggest the answer to the question is Yes.
love =/ lust

flirting with someone is expressing your FEELINGS/attraction to them (and/or the world). you cant actually love someone you dont know, and you dont try to crack on to someone you're really in love with (otherwise they'd probably laugh at you & call you a slut..or just plain lame)

davin

HSC
N/A
brogan77 said:
:\

By your logic, I've got the Oedipus complex going on, or something.
well, isn't that true?

Jiga

flirting with someone is expressing your FEELINGS/attraction to them (and/or the world). you cant actually love someone you dont know, and you dont try to crack on to someone you're really in love with (otherwise they'd probably laugh at you & call you a slut..or just plain lame)
Thats why I said in a broad sense. And what about 'love at first site'? ;)

But yeah I agree, thats why I clarified it in the following paragraph in that post... just showing two perspectives

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)