is justice being served in regards to the bali nine? (1 Viewer)

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
I'm doing this discussion thingy for legal studies where we have to choose an issue and gather information about it, i.e. find out what others think about the particular issue.

I have chosen to write about the Bali nine!

So what's your opinion about this issue? Are the consequences fair and just? Do they deserve to die or get sentenced to death for the serious crime they have committed? (you dont have to answer all these question).

some random info:

Prime Minister John Howard says close relations between Australia and Indonesia will not necessarily give the Bali Nine ringleaders an easy route out of death row.

The pair are the first Australians sentenced to face an Indonesian firing squad.

"Indonesia, ... in recent years, doesn't have a long record of executions, so there is always hope," he said.:) thnx

somecooldude

HSC
well. i think they do deserve their sentences.

people complain about how the death sentence or life in prison sentence is a waste of a young life.. well what about the lives wasted from the drugs they were traffiking?

also, people are making a big deal about it because the bali nine are australians. but, just put an indonesian, american, japanese, brazilian, german, or other nationality in place of the bali nine, and people wouldnt care half as much. it would hardly be news here in australia.

the fact that they are australian does not give them more of a right for leniency by the judges.

davin

HSC
N/A
its aslo not like drug smuggling is the sort of thing one does in a momentary lapse in judgement

volition

arr.
HSC
While I don't think that people deserve to die for doing that, I think it's fair enough of the government to enforce it's laws, as long as they are given a fair trial.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
somecooldude said:

people complain about how the death sentence or life in prison sentence is a waste of a young life.. well what about the lives wasted from the drugs they were traffiking?

also, people are making a big deal about it because the bali nine are australians. but, just put an indonesian, american, japanese, brazilian, german, or other nationality in place of the bali nine, and people wouldnt care half as much. it would hardly be news here in australia.

the fact that they are australian does not give them more of a right for leniency by the judges.
yeah thats exactly what i think. Just coz they're Australian does not mean that they can receive extra legal rights. But then again, the death penalty is way too harsh! I actually feel sorry for their families n friends.

anyway, thanks guyz for expressing your opinions :)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
There was a story in the telegraph today about this Australia guy who got life in Bali for drug trafficking. He ended up only serving 11 years, 4 of them in solitary.

He was attacked and cut up by other inmates for food because they were starving. He is now missing an eye, spleen and lung or something.

I think what they got is fair enough. That was a serious operation they were involved in and if they didn't get caught they could of done it again and again. The shit about their family being killed is a complete lie.

I heard you can get around $100,000 for being a drug mule now because demand is so high. I'm sure someone else is going to be caught again soon.

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

A spleen and a lung? Can you eat a lung? I imagine it'd have the texture of a sea sponge. Lets hope he wasnt a smoker.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Damage Inc. said:
$100,000 grand?
Sorry, $100,000 or 100 grand. I think I was going to originally say $100,000 but changed my mind halfway through the sentence and added grand without changing the first bit.

K

katie_tully

Hello? Is any body else perplexed about these ravished animals possibly eating a lung?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Damage Inc. said:
No, he's missing it from where they cut him up like a bitch to get his food.
i bet they did eat part of him, sounds like something indonesians would do

K

katie_tully

How do you "miss" a lung and a "spleen". How did they get the instruments to cut him open like that, and why would you take the god damn spleen? And a lung?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
katie_tully said:
How do you "miss" a lung and a "spleen". How did they get the instruments to cut him open like that, and why would you take the god damn spleen? And a lung?
I think it's more likely that they didn't actually eat those bits, he just lost them because they stabbed him there. The might have eaten his eye though.

K

katie_tully

I cut open a cow eye once. It didnt look appealing. Not like a big mac anyway.

GemmaHavok

Suck my kiss
two floors down getting high in the backroom
HSC
somecooldude said:

Exactly, although I'm not too fussed about the people who waste their lives away with drugs (that's their problem) but if you go to another country, you're subject to their laws. I'm sure I'd feel different if they were my friends or something, but I wouldn't be friends with people stupid enough to be drug mules.
I hate the idea of the death penalty, but I hate stupid people even more.

K

katie_tully

They were in jail, you twit. Generally you don't pay for food when you're locked up. And Indonesia has high levels of poverty, so...no, many of them cannot afford to buy food or other basic utensils.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
katie_tully said:
Hello? Is any body else perplexed about these ravished animals possibly eating a lung?
When u r starving, you will eat anything. I remember one aussie dude who lived off bricks for a few months. dont know the exact story but it was some time ago.
yeah people will eat anything if they are reeally really hungry.

i think WWI, they were eating other soldiers, and horses. so its not really surprising. BUt saying that i am surprised they went for the lung (not really sure what happened), when u can eat the kidneys,stomach,etc. why the lung? u have to break the ribs.. and u know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)