Is Kurt Mathematics Centre good? (1 Viewer)

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I mean he's scary in that sense but in class, is he the "joke teller"?
From my experience in sports (see above analogy) the ones who smile and tell jokes whilst ruling over their dictatorship with an iron fist are the most terrifying lol

Shuuya

HSC
From my experience in sports (see above analogy) the ones who smile and tell jokes whilst ruling over their dictatorship with an iron fist are the most terrifying lol
Reminds me of Takaoka from Assassination Classroom :lol:

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I haven't read the manga, so I'm not sure.

But the anime is awesome :D
rip half-yearlies
i watched the fight between nagisa and takaoka on youtube and it looked relly cool

Shuuya

HSC
rip half-yearlies
i watched the fight between nagisa and takaoka on youtube and it looked relly cool
I've watched eight 45 mins episodes and also started watching a new anime within the past week.

Still have another week of exams.

(I actually procrastinate less prior to the exam period compared to when I actually have exams)

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I've watched eight 45 mins episodes and also started watching a new anime within the past week.

Still have another week of exams.

(I actually procrastinate less prior to the exam period compared to when I actually have exams)
ok ill read the first 20 chapters and no more
then ill do physics ahaha

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Haha good luck with stopping at 20 chapters ;)
ayeee the manga ended like a week and a bit ago
i can probably read 180 chapters in a couple of hours lol
nws

ps(we should probs stop derail, and like move to pm/non-school thread)

Shuuya

HSC
ayeee the manga ended like a week and a bit ago
i can probably read 180 chapters in a couple of hours lol
nws

ps(we should probs stop derail, and like move to pm/non-school thread)
I think my limit was reading something like 15 volumes in a day

LOL completely forgot that we were derailing :p

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I haven't watched the whole anime but I find both to be pretty good, the manga's a bit better tho. I read more than I watch so might be a bit biased lmao.
same lelele
i read like 100x faster than i watch

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Serious question but what "qualification" does Kurt have, in his teaching, which makes his dumb students improve?

I know for a fact his dumb students improve mainly because of his good teaching, not so much his detentions

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Kurt doesn't have a qualification in teaching. (At least, I'm not aware that he does)
You don't need a qualification in teaching to be a good teacher - but you won't be allowed to teach in schools here. I myself have never taught in school? I also have no teaching qualification. Does it mean I cannot teach maths?

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Serious question but what "qualification" does Kurt have, in his teaching, which makes his dumb students improve?

I know for a fact his dumb students improve mainly because of his good teaching, not so much his detentions
I think one of the key determinants is his making every effort to ensure students do their exercises. It is hard to be good in maths without doing lots of various types of exercises.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
The person above asked me what "qualification, does Kurt have in his teaching". I never insinuated that one needed a teaching degree to be a good teacher.
Sorry - I did not mean it that way.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Kurt doesn't have a qualification in teaching. (At least, I'm not aware that he does)
But what is it about him which makes him possess this really rare skill of teaching in a way which makes his dumb students improve?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
You don't need a qualification in teaching to be a good teacher - but you won't be allowed to teach in schools here. I myself have never taught in school? I also have no teaching qualification. Does it mean I cannot teach maths?
True. Apparently only qualified high school teachers can mark the HSC, not tutors. Although you have a maths degree drongoski

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I think one of the key determinants is his making every effort to ensure students do their exercises. It is hard to be good in maths without doing lots of various types of exercises.
Really, if you look at page 1 of this thread, you could see Crobat saying that Kurt had this way of explaining concepts which clocked at the back of his head as opposed to memorising the formulas. I'm just interested but what makes him have the rare ability to do that

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
The person above asked me what "qualification, does Kurt have in his teaching". I never insinuated that one needed a teaching degree to be a good teacher.
It's the rare quality of making students improve that I was more focused on rather than his "qualification"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)