Is law really that boring? (1 Viewer)

jananee

HSC
I am thinking about doing a law/economics or law/commerce course at USYD or UNSW and am trying to gather every bit of information I can about it.
I can handle the difficulty (if it is really difficult) but I just really want to know if it is boring and WHY exactly it can be so boring...

HSC
I am thinking about doing a law/economics or law/commerce course at USYD or UNSW and am trying to gather every bit of information I can about it.
I can handle the difficulty (if it is really difficult) but I just really want to know if it is boring and WHY exactly it can be so boring...
how do you know you can handle it if you aren't in it?

lol

jananee

HSC
I just mean that I am not going to change courses because I think it is too hard, I can always try :) (although I don't want to try if it is boring. lol)

is a roflcopter
HSC
theres a bunch of core law subjects that they make everyone do and you will certainly run into one or more than you just dont give a fk about.

ie i fkn hated constitutional law (failed and had to do it again, fk the constitution)
and theres bullsht subjects like law and social theory, useless arts sht like that.

vice versa, all the arts/laws student are like wtf is business associations 1, wtffff is a takeover.

you get the point

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
If you don't have any interest in Law, then you may find it extremely dry. Often students do Law just because they got a high ATAR and they figure this out in the end.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
i wonder if they will ever introduce an interview system into law like for medicine

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Umm its more interesting than some commerce subjects imo. What sucks though is the amount of stuff that you have to read before each class.

Last edited:

is a roflcopter
HSC
i wonder if they will ever introduce an interview system into law like for medicine
maybe, its no secret that the med umat/interviews were done to stop the asian zergrush
hence all the brainy asians moved to comm/law

if you limit that too, you will just make UNSW commerce a 99 ATAR degree

HSC
maybe, its no secret that the med umat/interviews were done to stop the asian zergrush
hence all the brainy asians moved to comm/law

if you limit that too, you will just make UNSW commerce a 99 ATAR degree
And then they will introduce B. Business, with the same subs as comm except one different one, set the cut off to 91 (but allow people with 75s to get in)

and

in

comes the MONEY

Fuck my degree

I will just make my own uni

Lowflux

HSC
Uni Grad
It can sometimes be boring - but I think every degree is boring at times. Now, in my 3rd/4th year, things are a lot more interesting, most of the core units that we need for a good grounding are out of the way, and I'm starting on my electives which are obviously more interesting to me (Animal law!) In terms of subjects, I found constitutional law a bit of a drag too, ethics was god awful, and jurisprudence was a touch dry. I loved crim, torts, contracts and property law - but everyone's different. In terms of the general material, statutory law is pretty tedious in comparison to case law. Basically when it gets boring I remind myself that law is not just about information, it's about skills, and pretty much every unit and every assessment is going to help you learn to think clearly and express your ideas clearly, and that is never wasted time.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
^^^

most of those subjects you mentioned blow... (except crim and torts...) :)

if you want to do law stay away from the draining subjects for as much time as possible... subjects such as Admin law, constitutional law, corps law etc... of course inevitably you will need to do subjects such as these...

Last edited:

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Studying is in general boring. Not sure why I spent so much time doing it.

If I had my time again I'd spend my study time renovating and starting my housing/building/soon-to-be-hotel portfolio earlier.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
It's quite difficult and gets really boring at times, depends on your passion and what area of law you're interested in!

But yeah it requires a lot of consistency, motivation and persistence. Most of your time you are reading the books :)

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
I found constitutional interesting, as well as administrative.

yet to do property law though, i'm kind of dreading it, and luckily i might not have to do jurisprudence :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)