Is love necessary in life? (1 Viewer)

matneyalice

HSC
definitely, i think. it may be in any form. it is very difficult to live without love.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
if you love someone, follow your heart

'cause love comes once if you're lucky enough

though i'll miss you forever; and the hurt will run deep

love will set you free

Lonely Magpie

HSC
Yes, love is necessary, but not necessarily romantic love. It might sound corny as heck, but I think that a love for friends, family, and the world around you is enough to let someone live a perfectly fulfilling life.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
I present to you Maslow's hierarchy of needs (he's a legit psych dude of knowledge)

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
i assume you're talking about romantic love

nope. as long as you have mad friends and someone to fuck i don't think you need romantic love.

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
but does it have to be romantic love?

i think i'd be pretty content if i just had awesome friends and regular sex

but i guess ~the right person~ is p much just your best friend + sex so whatever. don't really think it's a *necessity* though as long as you have those two things, whether they come form different people or not it doesnt' matter.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
No. In a romatic sense, it is not necessary (for all).

Love for and reciprocated by your family is determined by your circumstances and that determines its necessity.

Logically speaking, we can all function as an individual. We have the capability to exist on our own, but human emotion is what drives people to function the way they do, and love is an overwhelming emotion for what seems like a large portion of society.

Personally, I don't crave or need romance/love. I'm odd though.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Imagine having no love, that'd be horrible.

I can't even fathom it. Having absolutely no one or anything give a shit about you.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
a large number of people who commit suicide cite feelings such as extreme loneliness/feeling separated from everyone/etc as a contributing factor for their reasons to die, if not the main reason.

Technically, yes, you can live without it in a physiological sense, but what kind of quality of life would that be?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)