Is Mathematics hard? (1 Viewer)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
So if you can do 2U, you can do 3U?
If you do the 3U course you will also be doing the 2U course. My advice to you is to:

- Do your homework.

- Listen in class.

- Set yourself additional homework for example, in other textbooks.

- Past papers under exam conditions. As you said you are not good under exam conditions. It's your chance to improve. This is exactly what you need to do.

- Don't be scared and ask for help early.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
So about let's says 75 in 2U is sufficient enough for understanding 3U?
Your mark shouldn't be indicative of how well you are going. Rather, it should be your rank. How well you are going relative to others. Also, breath in and breath out. You will survive.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
How much work is 3U?
If you can understand concepts easily, you will have no trouble. Doing your homework will depending on how much is set should be enough. Doing additional homework reaps you benefits as you are exposed to a wider spectrum of questions other students are not.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
How much study time of mine would it take up? Will my other subjects be neglected or not?
It depends on how effective you study. I would say 1 - 2 hours effective study of Mathematics a day would be sufficient. If you cannot do that long, 30 minutes is fine. Your other subjects are not neglected if you don't let it. Make sure you have a balance.

HSC
It depends on how effective you study. I would say 1 - 2 hours effective study of Mathematics a day would be sufficient. If you cannot do that long, 30 minutes is fine. Your other subjects are not neglected if you don't let it. Make sure you have a balance.
Not really.
Just make sure you understand what's going on in class, and study for exams and you should be fine. There's no need to study everyday for mathematics imo. Tbh, it's quite overrated. It's probably just as difficult, if not easier, than general maths imo.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Not really.
Just make sure you understand what's going on in class, and study for exams and you should be fine. There's no need to study everyday for mathematics imo. Tbh, it's quite overrated. It's probably just as difficult, if not easier, than general maths imo.
Not everyday, but I still recommend strawberry to do it at least 3 times a week. It is quite important as the concepts you learn and skills because they are directly linked to Year 12. You need to hone your mathematical awareness and see relationships and patterns quicker. This is a very helpful tool for Year 12. Early exposure is vital.

Also! Give me my TOY!

Last edited:
HSC
I would never do General Math. Its content bores me to death; and my tutor and my head teacher of maths reccomends General Math because Mathematics and above will apparently be too hard.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I would never do General Math. Its content bores me to death; and my tutor and my head teacher of maths reccomends General Math because Mathematics and above will apparently be too hard.
Don't listen to them! Everyone gave up on me when I was in Year 3. I couldn't even add properly. You must keep going and pushing. Every day my mother and I would solve problems and do hard maths sums together. Every single day until Year 6. Then it all clicked. I started accelerating myself, reading Year 7 textbooks during lunchtime. It then got to the point where I could do 3 digit multiplication and solve equations very fast. In summary - Keep persisting! You will eventually reach miracle territory and let me tell you, it's the best feeling.

Last edited:

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Yeah, getting good marks; there is no feeling greater than see your hard work pay off.
Exactly. I hope I have taught you something today.

Now can you finally understand my Law of the Universe?

Spiral's Law of the Universe: "Every object and person will get what they deserve in the end."

big_bang344

HSC
After reading the last few posts, do you guys think that i will be able to finish the work for each exercise (per day) of the cambrigde, fitz and coroneos textbook? When i reach year 11, i was planning that everyday after school, will do all the question from each exercise from all books. But now i;m scared it would be too much and i won't be able to fit in study time for other subject.. :( So how should i tackle it?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
After reading the last few posts, do you guys think that i will be able to finish the work for each exercise (per day) of the cambrigde, fitz and coroneos textbook? When i reach year 11, i was planning that everyday after school, will do all the question from each exercise from all books. But now i;m scared it would be too much and i won't be able to fit in study time for other subject.. :( So how should i tackle it?
Don't make too many unrealistic expectations. Just set yourself daily tasks. Don't over do it (experience). You will get tired too soon and run out of energy. Maybe do it over the weekend.

Most importantly, I think you should complete your school's homework first. (As many of your classmates will). You don't want to have less of a knowledge than they do. Then comes balance of your subjects. If you have time left over, do those extra exercises. Prioritise. :)

[Note: The exercises are very deceptive in length in those books.]

Last edited:

big_bang344

HSC
Spiral.. What topics do you think are most important to learn ahead for: ( Like the ones i should definitely learn ahead first before i start in school)

Mathematics-
and
Maths Extension 1-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)