Is Mathematics hard? (1 Viewer)

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
A good question I noticed in last year's 2 unit paper which I think really separated those who actually payed attention to the derivation and those who just memorised the formula is Q3b)iii).
I think that's quite a standard question. I've seen it around in trials etc. Most likely the CSSA ones...

turbomedi343

HSC
Try it out

you might regret not doing it in the end

You can always try it out and drop down. but you cant always move up

HSC
Another question; if I do very well in 2 Unit, will I be allowed to move up to Ext 1? Like say 80 + in 2U tests?

HSC
How much more difficult is 3U to 2U? Isn't 3U just an extension of what you learn in 2U?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
How much more difficult is 3U to 2U? Isn't 3U just an extension of what you learn in 2U?
Kind of, 3 Unit Mathematics will require you to develop skills as most 2 Unit questions they throw at you in the HSC are generic. It's not difficult if you do your homework and set yourself additional work such as past papers too.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
A lot of things are just, as the name suggests, extensions of topics you do in 2U. There are some things obviously which are completely different (Binomial Theorem comes to mind), but if you do the work in class and do your homework you should be able to keep on top of it relatively easy.

HSC
Well, I'm not really "average." I just have problems concentrating and getting myself to build a decent worth ethic. I don't usually do well in tests because I get too lazy to study or give up the second I find something hard.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Well, I'm not really "average." I just have problems concentrating and getting myself to build a decent worth ethic. I don't usually do well in tests because I get too lazy to study or give up the second I find something hard.
Just like me when I was a baby robot...

If you just have problems concentrating, just sit down with a book and pen and just study for 20 minutes. Get back up have a break. Increase your study blocks by 10 minutes each time. Be consistent in Preliminary.

HSC
So 3U is not nearly as hard as everyone makes it out to be? I don't believe anything is "hard" if you set your mind to it, but the concepts aren't as complicated as it made out to be?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
So 3U is not nearly as hard as everyone makes it out to be? I don't believe anything is "hard" if you set your mind to it, but the concepts aren't as complicated as it made out to be?
Nope. All you need to start off is a good understanding of algebra. It's not hard as you said if you set your mind to it. Correct. This goes for ANY subject.

Last edited:

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I'm good at algebra. What is it like introductory in the first few weeks of Yr 11?
I kind of started the course before then so I didn't really pay too much attention to class. Not that you shouldn't. First few weeks I think were a fast review.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)