Is the 2008 HSC maths being changed? (1 Viewer)

tau281290

HSC
Not sure if this has been asked or not, but I was searching through the Board of Studies site and found that:

The Mathematics Extension 1 HSC examination will consist of a written examination paper of two hours duration (plus five minutes reading time) containing two sections with a total mark value of 70 marks. All questions in the examination are compulsory.

Section I (10 marks)

Questions in this section will be in objective–response format, such as multiple-choice, multiple correct/incorrect, or other constrained response questions.

The mark value of these questions will be one or more marks, depending on the length and demands of the question.
Section II (60 marks)
• There will be FOUR questions. • All questions will be worth 15 marks. • Each question will consist of a number of parts requiring free-response answers. These parts may be stand-alone questions, or may consist of several related sub-parts.
What? Is this for real? Is this for 2008 or after 2008? I think its after 2008 right? Somebody clarify this for me thx.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
I think if this was what we were getting, it would have been how our Trials were done right?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
I believe that what you've stumbled upon here is the draft syllabus for the extension 1 maths course for 2010 and beyond. All the maths courses are being revamped for 2010, so this particular draft syllabus would only hold for that year and beyond, so you don't have to worry about this in the coming weeks :)

tau281290

HSC
My teacher told us something about minor changes to the 2008 HSC maths exams, is that true? The change is not as radical as the draft i quoted before.

vds700

HSC
tau281290 said:
My teacher told us something about minor changes to the 2008 HSC maths exams, is that true? The change is not as radical as the draft i quoted before.
No there has been no changes at all as far as I'm aware.

shaon0

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I believe that what you've stumbled upon here is the draft syllabus for the extension 1 maths course for 2010 and beyond. All the maths courses are being revamped for 2010, so this particular draft syllabus would only hold for that year and beyond, so you don't have to worry about this in the coming weeks :)
I think its like the one for MX2. In 2010 they are changing conics for integral caculus and modelling, statistics and something else.
But in 2009 they will just take out conics and put in integral caculus and modelling but not stats.
So i think they change maths' syllabus's slightly.

M@ster P

HSC
what the hell multiple choice? thats bad cause anyone can guess and scab a few marks, good thing its isnt in the 2009 hsc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)