Is the Board of Studies fatally flawed? (1 Viewer)

Do you think the Board of Studies is fatally flawed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Do you think the Board of Studies is fatally flawed?

In all honesty I'd have to agree, for me, fear of failure actually makes me want to counteract and try to avoid failure. We need to have some sort of hardship in order to learn and develop as people, but we need motivation as well, and that motivation could come from the fact that you failed and you want to keep trying to achieve your goal.

But yeah, schooling over here is piss. Board of Studies is way too lenient. Imagine going to schools in Singapore or Mainland China; they have it much harder there.
We need to have our education system ramped up in a way that teaches us how to survive in the real world and not just in school.

timeflies

HSC

Although I have read some of the stupidest things posted by our good friend Sathius here, I have to say some of the points he's brought up here aren't all that idiotic. Our culture here does promote "winning is not everything" and seems to condemn fierce competition. Compared to countries around the world, particularly Asia, our schooling is pissy. We are teaching kids that it's okay if you don't do well ("look at Bill Gates, Steve Jobs - they dropped out of before completing their education and look at them now") when in fact we should be drilling into the them they have to work hard to succeed. Success won't come to you unless you put in the effort and like 4025808 said, a fear of failure can help do this to children by making them want to counteract and avoid being a failure.

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC

("look at Bill Gates, Steve Jobs - they dropped out of before completing their education and look at them now")
It's a very solid point, we always tell people that they didn't complete their education and they were successful but that's only because A: they were extremely smart people and B: they still worked their asses off. it won't be the same for every single drop out.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC

Although I have read some of the stupidest things posted by our good friend Sathius here, I have to say some of the points he's brought up here aren't all that idiotic. Our culture here does promote "winning is not everything" and seems to condemn fierce competition. Compared to countries around the world, particularly Asia, our schooling is pissy. We are teaching kids that it's okay if you don't do well ("look at Bill Gates, Steve Jobs - they dropped out of before completing their education and look at them now") when in fact we should be drilling into the them they have to work hard to succeed. Success won't come to you unless you put in the effort and like 4025808 said, a fear of failure can help do this to children by making them want to counteract and avoid being a failure.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eILMC7xry...p+out+of+school+dr+heckle+funny+wtf+memes.jpg

DannyBoy33

HSC
N/A

Acctually some really good points. Not really shocked by the votes...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)