is there anyone else who took year 11 too seriously?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Dont take year 11 too seriously, its a waste of time, if your doing like maths, just take that seriously and screw everything else

Like, pay attention, do homework assignments and give abit of effort, but dont go crazy, biggest waste of time + study fuel

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I took Term 1 too seriously. I studied + stressed out for everything, even topic tests. I took Term 2 too easily, and played games whilst studying. As a result, I dropped in rankings for Ancient history, Economics and Chemistry.

Now in term 3, and I'm bludging even more. Someone's gonna steal my spot in English + Ancient History + Economics + Religion soon.

I'm certain that nobody will steal my position in Maths, except for maybe this Vietnamese girl who seems to be doing very well (but not for long :p)

Sarebs

HSC
Take year 11 as a foundation. It's a time to experiment with things (like not drugs, writing styles, stuff like that) and develop your skills. Don't stress out about tests and assignments, just know your stuff because in some subjects (Maths, Chem) it's the foundation of your yr 12 work. But for other stuff, get the skills and don't freak about the content.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Stop complaining about having studied so much in past years. If anything, it gives you an advantage over people who have to catch up.
Also, why do you think people become corrupt (smoke/drink/drugs etc.)? Because during those years where YOU were studying, they decided to relax and have some fun. Fun -> Wrong group of friends -> Experimentation -> Peer pressure -> Corruption
So just think of yourself as lucky to have kept the mindset of studying.

P.S. I'm not saying anyone that doesn't study follows that pattern, it's just a lot more common than you'd think.

Oh and I know who took Year 11 too seriously - lyounamu :D I never got over the fact that he came first in the state for 2u maths..

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Think of already studying this year as a car thats going 80km/h, and someone who starts trying next year as a car at 0km/h. Already studying is like a headstart. See this is what studying for physics does to you :D

HSC
i totally took year 11 too seriously and burnt out for year 12, didn't put in as much effort as i could have

i got so many awards at the end of year 11, first in four subjects etc

i haven't done too badly this year, i've done my trials and i'm first in 3 subjects, second in 1 and lower in the other but i'm happy.

Last edited:

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
i totally took year 11 too seriously and burnt out for year 12, didn't put in as much effort as i could have

i got so many awards at the end of year 11, first in four subjects etc

i haven't done too badly this year, i've done my trials and i'm first in 3 subjects, second in 1 and lower in the other but i'm happy.
You didn't drop any subject/s for year 12 i take it? Congratulations, you must be really happy with the effort you have put in. :)

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
I knew that yr 11 didnt count, still busted myself though. Just like yrs 7-10.

Still will bust myself for yearly exams.

Still will bust myself for HSC even though for the uni course I need I need a uai of 75, or if visual arts, a uai of N/A.
*sigh*

The plague of perfectionism! D:

Katherwin

HSC
I worked so hard in Year 11 and completely burnt myself out.

I was like, oh my god! I got an assessment task today, I'm gonna go home and work on it right now!

And now Im like, I have an assessment task due in a few days, I really should get on that. :)

And now, Im two months out from the HSC and Im really struggling to care. I have my extension english trial tomorrow and I haven't actually studied. I take comfort, though, in the fact that no one else in my class had studied either. :)

Yet strangly, I'm doing better than I was in year 11... Last year, I was 13th in Ancient History, Now I'm 1st. Hmm.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
dont take year 11 too seriously, its a waste of time, if your doing like maths, just take that seriously and screw everything else

like, pay attention, do homework assignments and give abit of effort, but dont go crazy, biggest waste of time + study fuel
+1

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
of course you should be studying. Year 11 is the time where you should be figuring out which studying techniques work best for you.

hairspray

HSC
I think its important to do above average in yr11 to leave a good impression on your teachers, who will be marking your exams and assignments in yr12.

School addict

HSC
Hey,
I do think you need to take Year 11 seriously - very seriously.
But the key is to cover all of the topics so if you have to rush your
answers in the last topic or 2, so be it.
:)

speedofsound

HSC
I think its important to do above average in yr11 to leave a good impression on your teachers, who will be marking your exams and assignments in yr12.
but what does it matter if you're using your student number for exams?

pillar

HSC
but what does it matter if you're using your student number for exams?
it doesn't matter for externals
but I see what he means about leaving a good impression on the teachers who'll be marking your internal assessments

if they get the idea you're a slacker from year 11, i imagine they would mark really strictly. if they like you and see you're trying hard from year 11 results it might affect the way they mark. it's stupid and unfair but it probably does happen.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
hmmm... our school doesn't use student number. We write our name, and hence the lack of professionalism in the marking of English, History and Social Science exams

speedofsound

HSC
it doesn't matter for externals
but I see what he means about leaving a good impression on the teachers who'll be marking your internal assessments

if they get the idea you're a slacker from year 11, i imagine they would mark really strictly. if they like you and see you're trying hard from year 11 results it might affect the way they mark. it's stupid and unfair but it probably does happen.
no
i mean in year 12, at my school anyway, we put down our student number for exams and not our names.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)