• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

is there anyone else who took year 11 too seriously?? (2 Viewers)

gorjuz_paki

HSC
I wanted to go good in year 7-11 but i mainly bludged it off ..... i wanted to have a life and i did, but now since year 11 is almost finished, i wished i tried for my senior year ..... as i bludged off in class like usual and my exams in 2 weeks time, but then again, we need to have a social life.
i am really aiming to study hard for year 12 as my bro alwayss says to study 4 the HSC.....but i think...if i slacked off for 5 years, how in the world would i change suddenly to study ? :confused:

PRELIM 09' :
- Eng standard
- 2U Mathematics
- chem
- Bio
- LS
- Eco

ATAR Aim: 80+

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I wanted to go good in year 7-11 but i mainly bludged it off ..... i wanted to have a life and i did, but now since year 11 is almost finished, i wished i tried for my senior year ..... as i bludged off in class like usual and my exams in 2 weeks time, but then again, we need to have a social life.
i am really aiming to study hard for year 12 as my bro alwayss says to study 4 the HSC.....but i think...if i slacked off for 5 years, how in the world would i change suddenly to study ? :confused:

PRELIM 09' :
- Eng standard
- 2U Mathematics
- chem
- Bio
- LS
- Eco

ATAR Aim: 80+
By realising how your attitude to studying will affect your HSC results.

evilelmo_2005

HSC
Yes I am taking 2 unit maths seriously coz I get dropped by the head teacher if I fail 1 test and I've nearly failed several times, and I failed once but the head teacher gave me a chance. Prelim is in few weeks and if I fail the prelims MY HEAD TEACHER WON'T LET ME PROCEED TO 2 UNIT MATHS IN YEAR 12!!! OMG!@##$$$$%^&(!@#$%^@#$%^&@#$%^&**&^%#$%^&, and I dun want that because I will fail even more if I get dropped to general (I find 2 UNIT easier than GENERAL MATHS)

I took chemistry seriously because I wasnt doing so well so yeah......

I don't know how well I'll do in the HSC but I know I can do it, getting a 1 out of 100 in a test or assessment proves that I have learnt something:haha:

I WILL TELL YOU WHO TOOK YEAR 11 SERIOUSLY, MY MATHS HEAD TEACHER:burn:

Last edited:

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Yes I am taking 2 unit maths seriously coz I get dropped by the head teacher if I fail 1 test and I've nearly failed several times, and I failed once but the head teacher gave me a chance. Prelim is in few weeks and if I fail the prelims MY HEAD TEACHER WON'T LET ME PROCEED TO 2 UNIT MATHS IN YEAR 12!!! OMG!@##$$$$%^&(!@#$%^@#$%^&@#$%^&**&^%#$%^&, and I dun want that because I will fail even more if I get dropped to general (I find 2 UNIT easier than GENERAL MATHS)

I took chemistry seriously because I wasnt doing so well so yeah......

I don't know how well I'll do in the HSC but I know I can do it, getting a 1 out of 100 in a test or assessment proves that I have learnt something:haha:

I WILL TELL YOU WHO TOOK YEAR 11 SERIOUSLY, MY MATHS HEAD TEACHER:burn:
Anyone finding themselves pulling all-nighters in year 11? Over assessments and even homework??

What about pulling all-nighters for tests/exams lol? Anyone?

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
i pull all nighters for all my work, not because i care about yr 11, but because i don't.
the only time i'm ever bothered to start my assesment is around one the due morning.
i'm up anyway so it hardly affects me...

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
I took it seriously, but always kept in mind that it didn't really matter if I failed or didn't do my best. So if I didn't do well in something I wouldn't get hung up on it, and I didn't care about rankings, etc. The biggest motivation I had was to get the stuff finished and handed in on time.

dux&src

HSC
i pull all nighters for all my work, not because i care about yr 11, but because i don't.
the only time i'm ever bothered to start my assesment is around one the due morning.
i'm up anyway so it hardly affects me...
Your parents let you stay up past mid-night?
1am lol? I would try to start as early as possible..cause i would be tempted to go have a rest on the bed and might fall asleep...

Do you get headaches? I do!!!

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
Your parents let you stay up past mid-night?
1am lol? I would try to start as early as possible..cause i would be tempted to go have a rest on the bed and might fall asleep...

Do you get headaches? I do!!!
yeah my parents let me do most things, besides they know about my insomnia etc.
and as long as im getting good marks its not a worry at all.
and yeah, heaps of headaches, :)

dux&src

HSC
well, if you're pulling all nighters because you're afraid of getting a n-award (for incompletion of task, i assume) you're probably not managing your time well enough.
What about if i am sick? I've been seeing doctors and such.

@ashie0
Yeap i'm getting alright marks :)

Going to kick the yearlies so hard :)

dux&src

HSC
NEVER! My heath is more important :D
That's what i told myself this year, and as a result i've pulled proabably less than 5-8 for assessments. :)I'm getting better.
This term none yet :) Almost did one the other night but managed to sleep at 3am.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)