Is there anyone who never wears earphones/headphones? (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
You know those things that you plug into your ears that like every teenager has?
I seriously find them so annoying, especially if you're using other people's - what if they have never cleaned their ears, eww.
And it makes you deaf - hence non-use outweighs use.

Anyway, personally I never use them unless I need to memorise an essay and I'm in public.
When listening to music I just turn the volume up without headphones.

Who here is like that? I feel alienated...haha (is it normal?)

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
You know those things that you plug into your ears that like every teenager has?
I seriously find them so annoying, especially if you're using other people's - what if they have never cleaned their ears, eww.
And it makes you deaf - hence non-use outweighs use.

Anyway, personally I never use them unless I need to memorise an essay and I'm in public.
When listening to music I just turn the volume up without headphones.

Who here is like that? I feel alienated...haha (is it normal?)
Why would you get annoyed seeing other people with headphones/earphones?

With regards to the earphones hygiene thing I do have a gripe with people borrowing mine and giving them back to me without at least wiping it with a tissue or something first

williamdaft

HSC
That's completely normal but it is rare for teenagers to not use headphones/earphones these days.... The majority of people use them for exercise/gym/study/leisure. But I know that feeling of letting other people use my headphones.. or if I'm using other's.. I make sure to wipe earwax off with a tissue or something. ewww.

I actually prefer listening to music from my phone turning a slight volume instead of listening via earphones, but sometimes, it's distracting in public places, when I'm studying in the library or if I'm in the gym.. it's more convenient to listen via earphones.

You ain't alienated mate haha, I feel the same, I try not to use them if I have the opportunity to, and if I use them whoever it belongs to, I try to clean them first!

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Why would you get annoyed seeing other people with headphones/earphones?

With regards to the earphones hygiene thing I do have a gripe with people borrowing mine and giving them back to me without at least wiping it with a tissue or something first
I get annoyed because it's like..are you even listening to me? Some people don't even take theirs out when talking. I'm fine with other people using it but just when it becomes excessive and everywhere you look there's people with them, and also when it interferes with communication-where you're trying to get the other person's attention but they can't hear you-that's when I get pissed.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
That's completely normal but it is rare for teenagers to not use headphones/earphones these days.... The majority of people use them for exercise/gym/study/leisure. But I know that feeling of letting other people use my headphones.. or if I'm using other's.. I make sure to wipe earwax off with a tissue or something. ewww.

I actually prefer listening to music from my phone turning a slight volume instead of listening via earphones, but sometimes, it's distracting in public places, when I'm studying in the library or if I'm in the gym.. it's more convenient to listen via earphones.

You ain't alienated mate haha, I feel the same, I try not to use them if I have the opportunity to, and if I use them whoever it belongs to, I try to clean them first!
Oh thank goodness!
Haha yeah the earwax thing man, gross :S
Ahaha that's good, because it really does make you deaf. And I am very concerned about kids these days who get em plugged in 24/7. And those people in class who always have them on,, like what! I swear haha. But yeah I'm not against those people, it's just that they should tone it down a little and think about the side effects in the future.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't use headphones cause I have permanent noise damage already lols (I used to though)

Last edited:

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Whooa wait you're still young and you have noise damage? hOW??

williamdaft

HSC
I get annoyed because it's like..are you even listening to me? Some people don't even take theirs out when talking. I'm fine with other people using it but just when it becomes excessive and everywhere you look there's people with them, and also when it interferes with communication-where you're trying to get the other person's attention but they can't hear you-that's when I get pissed.
Yeah so true! It's so rude when you're talking to people and they can't hear you. Personally, I think it's more dangerous to listen to earphones if I were to walk on a busy street or road to school/uni/work.. because you won't be able to hear traffic and stuff as easily. I prefer to listen to a moderate volume on the earphones so I can hear a friend calling me from behind.

Oh thank goodness!
Haha yeah the earwax thing man, gross :S
Ahaha that's good, because it really does make you deaf. And I am very concerned about kids these days who get em plugged in 24/7. And those people in class who always have them on,, like what! I swear haha. But yeah I'm not against those people, it's just that they should tone it down a little and think about the side effects in the future.
IKR!! I always care about hygiene with exercise, food, etc.. but yeah it's really disgusting. Oh and that too, I worry for some of my friends who literally have their earphones on with their music all the time I see them. I think it's unhealthy at first of just having the earphones in contact with your ears as it makes your ears less comfortable for many hours and less oxygen for the skin in the ear area. Also, listening to music via earphones for hours non-stop is damaging in the long term I bet..... it's an unhealthy habit people have..

DannyBoy33

HSC
N/A
I dont like people using them as everyone now seem to walk around with ones in theirs ears outside. Taking away our communication.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Haven't used headphones for two years now haha.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I can't stand people who use speakers on public transport. Like, I can hear your music through my earphones, why the fuck is it so loud?
Also, dislike people who wear earphones/headphones but the volume is so high they might as well use them as speakers.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I can't stand people who use speakers on public transport. Like, I can hear your music through my earphones, why the fuck is it so loud?
Also, dislike people who wear earphones/headphones but the volume is so high they might as well use them as speakers.
If you do this, you're the worst.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Only use speakers when you know that everyone or the majority of passengers will enjoy listening to it. In other words, don't play "shitty" songs when you got no earphones.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Tend to only wear earphones/headphones to block out 'external noise' ie babies screaming etc

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Ok guys so I need opinions: I hate listening on earphones but now I go for 1 hour walks and I feel guilty for not studying so should I record notes and play them while I walk? So my main question is: will my hearing be affected if I do this everyday for 1 hour? I really don't want to do this but I don't want to sacrifice any study time :( Thanks

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Ok guys so I need opinions: I hate listening on earphones but now I go for 1 hour walks and I feel guilty for not studying so should I record notes and play them while I walk? So my main question is: will my hearing be affected if I do this everyday for 1 hour? I really don't want to do this but I don't want to sacrifice any study time :( Thanks
Wtf seriously? No, your ears will be fine.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
This.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)