• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is there really any point in going to lectures and workshops? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
its a good idea to go to lectures cause they provide an overview of what you have to learn and know for exams....so if you just study out of the textbook you might actually be studying more than you need to...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Merethrond
I never skipped a class through high school:).
neither did i...but in yr 12, i had a few random days off, i just couldnt handle going, so i didnt (only about 3-4 the whole yr)

Originally posted by boredofschool
its a good idea to go to lectures cause they provide an overview of what you have to learn and know for exams....so if you just study out of the textbook you might actually be studying more than you need to...
prob is, my lecturers dont say anything thats not on the slides

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
For my course, lectures aren't compulsory. Some of them I don't mind going to (like politics) and since Im pretty slack with the readings for some subjects I make the effort to go. However, my law lectures are a complete waste of time if you have done the readings (which for law I do, cos I actually find them interesting). The other day I skipped two lectures to come home and do an assignment, and I don't think I disadvantaged myself that much...

suz

HSC
he he Ms 12 we soooooo don't need to go to history or politics since the notes are on the net and he reads off them anywa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)