Is tutoring artificial intelligence? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaldoking

HSC
Continuum said:
I'm Christian dude, so don't become all presumptuous and say 'I couldn't care if it wasnt for you'.

Sigh. Again you are relying on stereotypical representations of selective school people, evident with 'arnt they all the kids that once they hit uni are like as dumb as dumb can get' that simply shows you really have no idea about people from selective schools. Just so you know, there are always some idiots at selective schools - that applies to every school. The fact that you have to rely on how a few idiots perform at university to prove your point reflects how little you know.
Lol the few idiots are your tutoring friends!

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
chaldoking said:
Its not an isolated case - I hear it all the time! Seriously, they have become so reliant, its like you ask them whats your date of birth - hang on let me ask my tutor.
That blatant exaggeration did little to help your point. In fact, all it really did was make you look like an idiot.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
chaldoking said:
Its not an isolated case - I hear it all the time! Seriously, they have become so reliant, its like you ask them whats your date of birth - hang on let me ask my tutor.
You must hang around some pretty fucked up kids then. What school do you go to?

5233andy

HSC
Continuum said:
Wasn't your original point your experience with tutors 'teaching their own syllabus'? You might was well make your point clear - or not make one at all.
Very well. I'm one of the individuals who'd constantly bring work to tuition classes - those of which I've encountered problems with. As soon as the teacher and I are half way through the question, the tutor would continue with whatever is on the tutor's agenda, in terms of class work. So... really, had I known of the structure of the class, I'd might as well refer to my own teacher, rather than be fed with information that I don't even understand, let alone my own class work.

chaldoking

HSC
Continuum said:
I get the sense that you think you're 'intelligent' from beating half the class in 2U Math. Let's see how you do in 3U shall we? :lol:
Lets see how you go in philosophy or cosmology or astronomy? If you want to "bring it" and try act like your some sort of a genius?

xMrRand0m

HSC
chaldoking said:
Actually, half my class has tutoring and guess what - come to an exam and they cant even understand the question because its worded differently. The satisfaction is that in 2 unit - I beat those that think their "intelligent" and have 2 - 3 tutors. Plus, Im not talking about general maths. I never knew you were so defensive about tutoring, is this all a facade to conceal exactly what tutoring does for students, and wanting to hide from the reality of it?
Actually, no, what reality? What you see is what you get. Tutoring does not do anything to students except reinforce the content that they have learnt at school. There is no sense of your so-called "artificial intelligence" when it comes to tutoring. 2 unit is mostly based upon integration and differentiation.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
chaldoking said:
Lol the few idiots are your tutoring friends!
Hahahahahaha?

You know what, I think you were fairly serious about this 'discussion' in the beginning. It's when you realised that the points you were making were weak that you started to become an idiot. Probably trying to hide your blatant inability to sustain your points as people started developing their arguments? Nice work. Try harder next time. ;)

chaldoking

HSC
Aerath said:
You must hang around some pretty fucked up kids then. What school do you go to?
This is not from people at my school, this is from people in uni! and yeh well my school is like tutoring mania and general knowledge they know nothing.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
5233andy said:
Very well. I'm one of the individuals who'd constantly bring work to tuition classes - those of which I've encountered problems with. As soon as the teacher and I are half way through the question, the tutor would continue with whatever is on the tutor's agenda, in terms of class work. So... really, had I known of the structure of the class, I'd might as well refer to my own teacher, rather than be fed with information that I don't even understand, let alone my own class work.
Every tutor has different styles of teaching. You just need to find the right one to suit you. Just keep in mind that no tutor is also an option.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
chaldoking said:
Lets see how you go in philosophy or cosmology or astronomy? If you want to "bring it" and try act like your some sort of a genius?
Nope, but you trying to spout stuff that is often coupled with intelligence sure proves the point that you're trying to make yourself out as 'some sort of a genius'. Just to let you know, I know people who do Distinction Courses such as Philosophy and Cosmology, so please... :rolleyes:

xMrRand0m

HSC
chaldoking said:
Haha. A 2 unit maths student talking about doing distinction courses? For your information kid, you have to be accelerated at a certain subject to be able to be eligible for these courses. Also, Astronomy is not a distinction course, so it isn't possible to do it whilst you're at school.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
chaldoking said:
This is not from people at my school, this is from people in uni! and yeh well my school is like tutoring mania and general knowledge they know nothing.
You really need to know when to cut your losses and run. STFU with your pious claptrap, and stop trying to give all fundamentalist Christians bad names. :p

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
5233andy said:
Well, perhaps you should realise that a tuition class cannot simply spend the whole lesson answering your question. Perhaps it would be more prudent to get an individual tutor. I don't think it is the fault of the teacher of your tuition class, but rather your lack of judgement in relation to your needs. I'm not trying to say that I know you better than you know yourself - I'm just discerning from the information that you've given me.

chaldoking

HSC
yeh you know people - but can you do it yourself? Just go back to getting others to do the work for you, it makes it much easier for you doesnt it. Im out of this convo, who knows there are probably tutors online telling you what to write. But we will see in uni - exactly how these people go. Thats my ultimate proof :)

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
chaldoking said:
yeh you know people - but can you do it yourself? Just go back to getting others to do the work for you, it makes it much easier for you doesnt it. Im out of this convo, who knows there are probably tutors online telling you what to write. But we will see in uni - exactly how these people go. Thats my ultimate proof :)
Don't leave just because you can't handle it. :rolleyes:

We were having so much fun!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Don't quit your day job - stringing points and arguments together isn't really your strong point.

chaldoking said:
Im out of this convo, who knows there are probably tutors online telling you what to write.
Oh yeah, he's on the other side of the phone, giving me key tips on what to type.

xMrRand0m

HSC
chaldoking said:
Well i know of a girl who had tutoring, went to Sefton and now goes to uni doing an Applied Finance course. She does all her calculations before everyone else, and when she was asked to prove what she had done, she proved it. No questions asked. Tutors telling us what to write? That's just plain ignorant.

5233andy

HSC
Aerath said:
Every tutor has different styles of teaching. You just need to find the right one to suit you. Just keep in mind that no tutor is also an option.

But it's almost got to the stage where 'tutoring' has become cliched. Based on my knowledge of the 'tutoring' forum, my impression is that 'enrichment' should replace the word, 'tutoring'. Tutors often skip half way across the world to what is actually being taught at school. Individuals who experience problems at school are very unlikely to understand what the tutor may be on about. If you attend tutoring in the form of a class, think about those who may be at the bottom of the class.

chaldoking

HSC
Lol - see if only you knew. I actually have a major in Philosophy through Yale University :) OUCH THAT MUST OF HURT. And I have a major in 'Physicalist and Dualist perspectives for the arguments on the existence of the soul.' By the way your comments prove, how you assess peoples knowledge about subjects they do at school. I dont have to be a maths neird to do philosophy. There is such thing as general knowlede - something you probably never had or will have.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
chaldoking said:
Lol - see if only you knew. I actually have a major in Philosophy through Yale University :) OUCH THAT MUST OF HURT. And I have a major in 'Physicalist and Dualist perspectives for the arguments on the existence of the soul.' By the way your comments prove, how you assess peoples knowledge about subjects they do at school. I dont have to be a maths neird to do philosophy. There is such thing as general knowlede - something you probably never had or will have.
LMFAO hahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)