Is tutoring artificial intelligence? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
5233andy said:
But it's almost got to the stage where 'tutoring' has become cliched. Based on my knowledge of the 'tutoring' forum, my impression is that 'enrichment' should replace the word, 'tutoring'. Tutors often skip half way across the world to what is actually being taught at school. Individuals who experience problems at school are very unlikely to understand what the tutor may be on about. If you attend tutoring in the form of a class, think about those who may be at the bottom of the class.
Ok, fair enough. Likewise however, think about those who can go further but can't because the teacher tends to hold back for those at the bottom. I guess it is one of the disadvantages of having a tuition class - not being able to cater for everyone.

There's probably 2 solutions to this: get into a graded class and get an individual tutor.

xMrRand0m

HSC
chaldoking said:
Lol - see if only you knew. I actually have a major in Philosophy through Yale University :) OUCH THAT MUST OF HURT. And I have a major in 'Physicalist and Dualist perspectives for the arguments on the existence of the soul.' By the way your comments prove, how you assess peoples knowledge about subjects they do at school. I dont have to be a maths neird to do philosophy. There is such thing as general knowlede - something you probably never had or will have.
AHAHA. Sure mate, major in Philosophy, and you've got your HSC coming up next year? What a genius indeed! Please, just stop your arguments, you prove yourself to be more and more stupid with every statement that you make.

Last edited:

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
chaldoking said:
Lol - see if only you knew. I actually have a major in Philosophy through Yale University :) OUCH THAT MUST OF HURT. And I have a major in 'Physicalist and Dualist perspectives for the arguments on the existence of the soul.' By the way your comments prove, how you assess peoples knowledge about subjects they do at school. I dont have to be a maths neird to do philosophy. There is such thing as general knowlede - something you probably never had or will have.
LOL. :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

VERY NICE.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
5233andy said:
But it's almost got to the stage where 'tutoring' has become cliched. Based on my knowledge of the 'tutoring' forum, my impression is that 'enrichment' should replace the word, 'tutoring'. Tutors often skip half way across the world to what is actually being taught at school. Individuals who experience problems at school are very unlikely to understand what the tutor may be on about. If you attend tutoring in the form of a class, think about those who may be at the bottom of the class.
Well, at least you make arguments with some form of explanation and evidence. :)
I respect your opinion, but at the same time, I disagree about how you've generalised all forms of tutoring as lopsided, waste of money, need-something-better-to-do activities.

chaldoking

HSC
xMrRand0m said:
AHAHA. Sure mate, major in Philosophy, and you've got your HSC coming up next year? What a genius indeed!
Yes I actually do have a major in Philosophy. What do you have? What uni experience do you have? NONE! Please don't try to understand me or my way of thinking, because you will never know abou my life, and exactly what my achievements are. When you complete a course - then you can comment!

5233andy

HSC
Continuum said:
Ok, fair enough. Likewise however, think about those who can go further but can't because the teacher tends to hold back for those at the bottom. I guess it is one of the disadvantages of having a tuition class - not being able to cater for everyone.

There's probably 2 solutions to this: get into a graded class and get an individual tutor.
I can see your point, but do these individuals really need to go further than what is expected? Tutoring in the form of a class is more or less a communal thing.

xMrRand0m

HSC
chaldoking said:
Yes I actually do have a major in Philosophy. What do you have? What uni experience do you have? NONE! Please don't try to understand me or my way of thinking, because you will never know abou my life, and exactly what my achievements are. When you complete a course - then you can comment!
LOL Uni degree. Well, I also have a Ph.D, masters in the various fields of law and I've also got Masters in medicine, I've got a Bachelor of Optometry, you can also call me professor while you're at it.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
chaldoking said:
Yeah, I don't think too many of us Yr 11 kids can comment on "physicalist and dualist perspectives for the arguments on the existence of the soul". :p

But let's just say this - you must be one pretty fucked up socially inadequate kid who feels the need to act superior on a forum where people can't really sus him out to be the fraud he really is. ;)

xMrRand0m

HSC
Aerath said:
Yeah, I don't think too many of us Yr 11 kids can comment on "physicalist and dualist perspectives for the arguments on the existence of the soul". :p

But let's just say this - you must be one pretty fucked up socially inadequate kid who feels the need to act superior on a forum where people can't really sus him out to be the fraud he really is. ;)
Bull's eye!

chaldoking

HSC
Aerath said:

No actually, and once again stop trying to comment on my life and thinking you know all to it. I am not "socially inadequate" im pretty sure thats you with all your tutors ... im not acting superior on a forum - you and the other wierdo asked how a 2U student can do philosophy or a distinction course. Im your answer - simple!!

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
5233andy said:
I can see your point, but do these individuals really need to go further than what is expected? Tutoring in the form of a class is more or less a communal thing.
Whether they go further than expected or not, I wouldn't know because I don't go to your tuition class. If they do go further than expected, it'll be good for them because it gives them more knowledge that could potentially give them insight to questions. However even if they don't go further than expected, they'll probably see it more as 'finish sooner, so that you'll have more time to revise' kind of thing. Either way however, it doesn't change the fact that they're being held back.

I agree with you that tutoring in the form of a class is a communal thing but in my opinion, it does rely on the belief or assumption that people in that class are of similar levels. This is one of the potential disadvantages of tutoring in a class, since when people aren't of similar levels, it does mess things up a little bit.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
chaldoking said:
No actually, and once again stop trying to comment on my life and thinking you know all to it. I am not "socially inadequate" im pretty sure thats you with all your tutors ... im not acting superior on a forum - you and the other wierdo asked how a 2U student can do philosophy or a distinction course. Im your answer - simple!!
I think the real question is: how an idiot can do philosophy or a distinction course. That is, of course, making the stupid assumption that the bullshit you're spouting is actually true.

chaldoking

HSC
Im out of this thread... I think i've proven my point - you only need to see the assessment that students with tutoring offer on those without tutoring. See Philosophy - The Great study of wisdom - really does enlighten the mind!

xMrRand0m

HSC
chaldoking said:
LMFAO! :hammer::hammer:Dude, you're the biggest crack up man. Should drop out of school and become a stand up comedian! Well, if you weren't socially inadequate, you wouldn't have started a thread about students who go to tutor having artificial intelligence.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
chaldoking said:
Wow, I gotta admit, I'm impressed though. A '09er (as shown from your profile) who must have spent quite a few years in an American University (Yale, as you claim), happens to have majored in a Philosophy course on god knows what (I'm not typing it out again), but seems to have interests in Healthcare/Medicine and Legal. Seems a bit far fetched eh?

5233andy

HSC
Continuum said:
Whether they go further than expected or not, I wouldn't know because I don't go to your tuition class. If they do go further than expected, it'll be good for them because it gives them more knowledge that could potentially give them insight to questions. However even if they don't go further than expected, they'll probably see it more as 'finish sooner, so that you'll have more time to revise' kind of thing. Either way however, it doesn't change the fact that they're being held back.

I agree with you that tutoring in the form of a class is a communal thing but in my opinion, it does rely on the belief or assumption that people in that class are of similar levels. This is one of the potential disadvantages of tutoring in a class, since when people aren't of similar levels, it does mess things up a little bit.
Yeah, that's true. At the end of the day, tuition students really are simply customers. I know that many individuals, well... I know that I do, like a bang for their buck. SO in this sense, you can sympathise for nearly everyone in a class situation.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
xMrRand0m said:
LMFAO! :hammer::hammer:Dude, you're the biggest crack up man. Should drop out of school and become a stand up comedian!
I dunno, I know a couple of others who would give him a good run for his money. But I'm pretty sure he'd leg it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)