Is UNSW best for the B Commerce course? (1 Viewer)

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
mr_shittles said:
Hi Grizzly, you prolly saw me on the bus. I have heaps of Deloitte merchandise: backpacks, penci lcases, umbrella, phone charger, etc. I got some of it on the co-op site visit and stacks more when I did winter vac work there. Its heaps cool, Deloitte is really generous with free merchandise.
haha fair enough.

hours also depends on ur subs...some dont have tutes at all...but not many

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
some you can even listen to the lecture at home because it has been recorded and put up for download. =p

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
By the uni? Wow..

Also Grizzly- how do you find working with int'l students in UNSW? When I went to open day I noticed the lectures were in a huge room and it felt so.. big/professional? Whereas UTS felt a lot more informal and casual?

Sarah

HSC
N/A
seremify007 said:
By the uni? Wow..

Also Grizzly- how do you find working with int'l students in UNSW? When I went to open day I noticed the lectures were in a huge room and it felt so.. big/professional? Whereas UTS felt a lot more informal and casual?
Lecture rooms vary in size. Larger ones are used for subjects which have a high number of students enrolled in it e.g 1st yr accounting, economics. Smaller theatres are used for subjects which have a low number of students in it.

As to the international student scenario, most of the comments ppl have written on BOS are to some extent true but don't happen all the time. Personally i've had no problem at all working with them. At times they've even put in more work than other local students in the group and that includes group presentations.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
seremify007 said:
By the uni? Wow..

Yep.

They're fine, like Sarah said, you can get some real star int'l students...then you can't...but then again you can get stuck with local that arn't great to work with...not that i've come across any.

Yeh i think UNSW prides itself on lecture theatre cosmetics...especially inside...take a look at the new "harvard" style rooms to be ready in July '06.
http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/newbuilding/mainauditorium.asp
http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/newbuilding/teachingfacilities.asp

jonathan__

HSC
wow impressive indeed...but are these rooms only for law or commerce as well?

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Its built for the faculty of law, but i think there may be comm lects / tutes in there it ...depends...we have the Quad for tute rooms...and i prefer not to walk all the way to lower campus even if it is in a fancy new room ;)

phrred

HSC
I think theyre gonna have lectures from all subjects in that lecture theatre... looks gooood

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
seremify007 said:
Man those lecture places are impressive looking! Bigger than a cinema I think!
Yep
I think theres 3 of those lecture theatres.
1 x 350seats, and 2 x 90seats
So you wont find your gonna get lectures in the new building very often because most lectures need 200+ seats.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not sure of the name but on open day we went to this huge room for the Commerce Accounting faculty talk.... IT WAS HUGE. Like when I say huge, I mean HUGE! And then went to another one (forgot the name of it- something Business related) and that was also huge, not as big as the first one though. I think the one of them was in something with the name "red" in it... >_> Can't remember.

EDIT: The Accounting was in Keith Burrows, and the Int'l Biz in Webster B Theatre.

Last edited:

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
looks nice
doubt law faculty will have much use for the larger theatres since most law classes are tiny
no doubt first year commerce subjects could be taking place there

the horse shoe shaped theatre does look useful

but look at all those angles, it's bad feng shui

Last edited:

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
seremify007 said:
EDIT: The Accounting was in Keith Burrows, and the Int'l Biz in Webster B Theatre.
they are both pretty small comapred to CLB7 :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
How many seats do you reckon CLB has (and how many in KB)? KB seemed pretty big to me >_> ... much bigger than anything i've sat in for school.

redslert said:
looks nice
doubt law faculty will have much use for the larger theatres since most law classes are tiny
no doubt first year commerce subjects could be taking place there

the horse shoe shaped theatre does look useful

but look at all those angles, it's bad feng shui
Haha oh noes- it might scare away int'l students!

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
gress <3 tig said:
Webster B ~ 180
Burrows 440
CLB 7 500

And the king, Clancy is 950-odd
oh yeh clancy! forgot about that theatre, haven't had a class in there for over a year

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Only 180? it felt so... much bigger when i sat there? I thought there'd be like.. 20 ppl per row.. and there were so many rows?.. Maybe I was just 'wowed'.

Anyone know how big a cinema is?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I hate clancy as a lecture hall...I mean its a nice theatre, but its just too big, and the desks suck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)