Is UWS good for Economics/Law? (1 Viewer)

Ant2511

HSC
I'm looking to study at UWS for economics/law, is it a good uni? Does uni reputation matter that much? Positives/Negatives please :)

converge

HSC
N/A
I'm looking to study at UWS for economics/law, is it a good uni? Does uni reputation matter that much? Positives/Negatives please :)
Having studied there for a time, I'd say it's a decent uni.

In terms of reputation, some say it doesn't matter but personally, I think it does to an extent. Good marks and extra-curricular activities would always be the top of my list in terms of getting employment.

Ant2511

HSC
Mmmm that's what I was thinking too, is it comparatively easier to get into? judging by the bonus schemes etc, it looks like it may be... being a rural student we don't get told these things haha.

converge

HSC
N/A
Mmmm that's what I was thinking too, is it comparatively easier to get into? judging by the bonus schemes etc, it looks like it may be... being a rural student we don't get told these things haha.
Yes I'd say its entry schemes are less stringent compared to other universities in NSW. I believe it offers up to 10 bonus points for specific courses.

converge

HSC
N/A
Yes I'd say its entry schemes are less stringent compared to other universities in NSW. I believe it offers up to 10 bonus points for specific courses.

I Study Hard

HSC
I wouldn't worry about employability, marks and experience are alot more important in the big scheme of things. I know of several law graduates from UWS who are doing very well (and only a year or two out of uni!)

inJust

HSC
What about Macquarie University for Law/Economics? They're a pretty good law school and their business faculty is up there. And the entry requirement isn't as stringent as others either.

da_man_13

HSC
I'm at macquarie uni and actually it's surprisingly very good. Business school as mentioned is up there. However, it is known for setting hard finals mainly 60% final exams and a lot of the times need to be passed to pass the unit irrespective of how you went throughout the semester. The law school is pretty good too and its easier than other unis in that it's not that full on in the first year

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I'm at macquarie uni and actually it's surprisingly very good. Business school as mentioned is up there. However, it is known for setting hard finals mainly 60% final exams and a lot of the times need to be passed to pass the unit irrespective of how you went throughout the semester. The law school is pretty good too and its easier than other unis in that it's not that full on in the first year
Ugh. Can vouch for this (unfortunately).

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Commerce and law. What about you?

I find that the weird final exams are more common with Commerce for some reason though.

da_man_13

HSC
Commerce and law as well... What law subjects are you dong this semester?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Commerce and law. What about you?

I find that the weird final exams are more common with Commerce for some reason though.
I wouldn't call that weird though.

Most of my exams are 60%+ finals. Yay!

Ant2511

HSC
Thanks guys! I'm scared I won't get the marks to get into Macquarie but :(

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
dafaq? Not sure if srs

.” What happened to the prestige of an Economics degree at UWS? Unbeknownst to many, the majority of graduates recruited by the Reserve Bank in 2012 were from UWS. One lecturer highlighted that the university had never let them market the Economics degree to prospective high school leavers before
UWS is the BEST university for law

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)