Is UWS really as bad as everyone gives it credit for?? (1 Viewer)

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
A lot of people who study at uws, tend to just bludge and be a nuisance to everyone else who actually wants to learn.

Low atar requirements do attract a lot of these people. fml.
A partly true statement. I know a few who are doing Engineering Science (65 ATAR!) where they were too shit to even get into the normal B.Engineering stream, which required 74 ATAR. They were very bad in Maths (they did General Maths in school! and worst yet they didn't even came in the bottom quarter rank!) and came at the near end of Physics (HSC result of Band 2). They are so cocky in terms of how they're are doing Engineering and have their own self esteem. They don't study at all, they just go to uni and bludge the whole time and spend time with mates discussing about their Engineering 'futures' and 'inspirations'. I know one who even 'plans' to transfer into B.Engineering at UTS. I've looked at the newspapers (the edition where they publish main round offers) the other day and it seemed that person wasn't even close to making an offer.

I talked to one of em and said how were you going in Engineering and replied 'I've failed in a couple of units the first semester' which includes a Fundamentals of Calculus course (because they did General).

I say, good luck with their future + academic transcript.

Campus life at UWS is just terrible. Looks like some mental hospital to me really. No genuine student life.

Last edited:

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
uws parra is just wogs...random ppl just walk around in tn's and bum bags, dont even know what to say: UWS=university of wasted space

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
I like how soooo many people have opinions on this university without having actually been a student there. Such stuck up people on here.

The same snobs would probably turn their nose up to TAFE, call it a 'fail institution' or something, and yet I could have gone to UNSW Law if I wanted to. You guys who are saying it is a fail uni, you have no clue, your oh-so-correct opinions are clouded by the big pole up your asses.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Nah, med at UWS seems good.

But that's because they pump a lot of money in it and the people that run it are very dedicated.

Also because their med programme is based off Monash's which is good.

Whereas other faculties have budgets cuts and shit.
Tell uws to stop giving stupid iPads out... Shit incentive + waste of tax payers dollars.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
I like how soooo many people have opinions on this university without having actually been a student there. Such stuck up people on here.

The same snobs would probably turn their nose up to TAFE, call it a 'fail institution' or something, and yet I could have gone to UNSW Law if I wanted to. You guys who are saying it is a fail uni, you have no clue, your oh-so-correct opinions are clouded by the big pole up your asses.
I'm sorry, but I rather go to TAFE if I were to do bad in my HSC and transfer to UTS after a year's study rather than UWS.

This here is a promotional video by UWS promoted to future students. Students given opinion in this video of why they chose UWS is just plain stupid and is the only promotional video by a university in Australia (that I know of) that backlashes and talks crap about other leading universities.

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm sorry, but I rather go to TAFE if I were to do bad in my HSC and transfer to UTS after a year's study rather than UWS.

This here is a promotional video by UWS promoted to future students. Students given opinion in this video of why they chose UWS is just plain stupid and is the only promotional video by a university in Australia (that I know of) that backlashes and talks crap about other leading universities.
Yeah I went to their open day too lol, the place doesn't look/feel like a normal uni.

Eeeehhhhhh....people were drinking in the lectures.

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
No offence guys, but it's how the uni students portray themselves + management ... That make me not wanna go to uws.

About the iPad ... I'd rather have more courses, better lecturers and more services.

NWO

HSC
DW he is homer simpsons studing at usw haha XD

Galapagos

HSC
N/A

Idk why but that video was quite funny, particularly at the start.

Jokes aside though, my point still stands. You can't base your opinion on a shitty video and what you've heard from a friend of a friend or some other bullshit source. Sure, every university has a few 'derros', and UWS, due to its location in disadvantaged areas, has a higher proportion of said students, but that is no reason not to go there.

Basically, uni (and TAFE) is what you make of it. I would consider UWS if I didn't have to travel on the dodgy train lines out to Bankstown/Campbeltown, and they offered something that suited me. A couple of bum-bag toting lads aren't going to make up my opinion of an entire institution.

hayleyemma96

HSC
I chose UWS for several reasons.
1. Although I got an ATAR of 92.35 (which meant I could've done a Bachelor of Commerce - Professional Accounting at MQ), I chose to do Business/Commerce at UWS because I could also do a law degree if I wanted to (which I did).
2. It's closer to home (30 minutes on train rather than 1hr+)
3. More chance of a scholarship (because I didn't get 95-99+ like most other academic scholarships require at other unis)
4. People I know have said the course is actually quite good.
5. Im not interested in working in the private sector so prestige isn't quite as important.

mcapuano

HSC

lol the guy at 4:02, 'Bathurst's too far and there's nothing out there, so I chose UWS.' He gets brownie points for honesty.

peri24

HSC
UWS is nt a gr8 uni, bt its not abad 1 etha. its aktualy dcent. ive been to da campus 1ce in penrith nd its gud.

Dachsy

HSC
N/A
They do get employment opportunities in big companies. My sister from UNSW comm had an interview at Commonwealth and amongst the few people selected for the interview stage (out of 1000s of applicants) one was from UWS. One was doing law at Usyd and another was from overseas. I'm not sure about the rest. So I don't think that UWS is that bad.

peri24

HSC

da guy at 0:28 sounds aiiright. his bros did der nd he did 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)