Is war ever justified? (1 Viewer)

Is war ever justified?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

funk1234

HSC
No one's asking you to pick up a weapon (except maybe Jessob and/or Iron) and fight, just show some fucking respect for those who do. Just a thought.
Show some fucking respect to those who don't want to.

Just a thought douche-fag

politik

HSC
Not sure if it's been quoted in this thread, but Sun Tzu said "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
"Anything you do can get you shot, including nothing."

Big Boss

Banned
HSC
N/A
i think taking a life is wrong in every way
I think you are weak.
I believe your kind resembles the emotional types that have no self-esteem.
"Emo faggot."
That's what the younger recruit just told me.

You must know will alone isn't enough to protect.
Looks like you are "the faggot".

Hence, while it may not seem like the nation's come a long way, they have, if you delve into the history of China prior to 1949. Imperialism from both the Western powers and the Japanese tore the country apart, and corruption from within the country in the GMD govt didn't help things either. The Communist takeover allowed the nation to rid the country of imperialism, to establish a real, and not apparent, sense of unity, which arguably has never been achieved before.

In our eyes, it may seem like China is a backward country and hasn't come a long way, but honestly, just take a look at the Olympic Games and which nation is victorious? Nationalism is real, their sense of unity is real, their economy's developing rapidly and I believe we've got ourselfes our next Superpower. I'm not saying that China has no problems, but every nation has problems, even ours. They're still a fairly new united nation if you ask me, so give them some time to develop first and find their grounding. Besides which, China is home to approximately a third of the world's population. To run a country that big, with that many people? You've got to give the Chinese some credit for that.

Oh wow, it's definitely an admirable occupation. Good luck to you both!
This is why I formed an army without a government.
The government is weak and helpless and uses armed and special forces as their form of political and national vendettas.
All decision making should be left to the leader of an army not a suited walking obese chunk of lard.

"Anything you do can get you shot, including nothing."
Exactly.
Whether you are idle or not you are always vulnerable to attack but it doesn't mean you can't retaliate either.

daniieee

HSC
This is why I formed an army without a government.
The government is weak and helpless and uses armed and special forces as their form of political and national vendettas.
All decision making should be left to the leader of an army not a suited walking obese chunk of lard.
You formed an army without a government? =O

ongitsanjali

HSC
I think you are weak.
so pretty much what you're saying is that in order to assert yourself of your machismo the only way is to go out there and gun the enemy down.

i know this sounds very cliche but violence begets more violence and bitterness. If the allied forces had not humiliated germany so much after the war, hitler may not have started ww2

Last edited:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
ongitsanjali said:
so pretty much what you're saying is that in order to assert yourself of your machismo the only way is to go out there and gun the enemy down.

i know this sounds very cliche but violence begets more violence and bitterness. If the allied forces had not humiliated germany so much after the war, hitler may not have started ww2

You evidently know very little about history.

The trouble that Versailles created was not a military failure. It was a diplomatic failure. The Allies were stopped from crushing Germany with military power, yet their diplomats then proceeded to try and crush them economically and politically at the Paris Peace Conference. Without all three in tandem, everyone was left ticked off.

Then we take WWII into account: the Allies marching to war in 1939 has left the world without a major war between any of the Great Powers for over sixty years.

If anything, this proves that military power is the only effective silencer of further violence. Nice going, retard.

Big Boss

Banned
HSC
N/A

This cycle of violence and bloodshed must continue.
It happens all the time in the animal kingdom with the predator and prey system but in human civilisation this cycle is disturbed and you question why this cycle should be disturbed?
Everyone must fight and they must fight to defend themselves and keep alive.
A person is free once they die, likely because they failed to protect themselves. Bad luck or being caught off guard is no excuse.

Why do you think creatures of this Earth evolve?
To adapt and survive.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
Yes We adapt and survive. But a time must come when this unstable balance reaches equilibrium, and this fluctuating nature perfects itself. In other words, a utopia. Yes changes are unavoidable, but most changes in no means can ignite violence.

HSC
I don't know. I think I'm going to have to say no. Unless you're being invaded by an aggressive force.

spyro14

HSC
In our eyes, it may seem like China is a backward country and hasn't come a long way, but honestly, just take a look at the Olympic Games and which nation is victorious? Nationalism is real, their sense of unity is real, their economy's developing rapidly and I believe we've got ourselves our next Superpower.

Oh wow, it's definitely an admirable occupation. Good luck to you both!
So, your proof that China has come a long way is that they won an Olympics and that they are developing(I assume you mean in terms of economic growth).

They have how many people? 1.3billion? A Human Development Index of less than 0.78. Negligible wages in comparison to other OECD advanced economies and a pegged exchange rate(Often works against the basket of currencies its pegged to). Ohhh and even better yet, they're a communist government when they want to be and then ignore that when money can be made. Superpower probably, human rights, only when it suits them.

And yes it is an admirable occupation, since the majority of the work done in Australia's case is relief work and not fighting.

E

Empyrean444

Yes, real Chinese nationalism which can lead to such wonders as denial of Tiananmen Square massacre.

Tangent

HSC
On the world stage, things get so diplomatic it's disgusting. The amount of formalities that have to be taken to avoid offending a country, especially one like china (who is bigger and richer than us).
When it comes down to it, it is still everyone's own county first. Alot of countries turn a blind eye to injustices, saying it isnt their place to intervene. Is it our place as a nation to intervene? To what expense and degree?

spyro14

HSC
What else can be done other than turning a blind eye, the world isn't so righteous that all nations would stand up to the actions of one like China if it meant it would be detrimental to themselves.

Smile_Time351

HSC

WELL! That was rather refreshing, I've never been called a douche-fag before, douche certainly, and maybe fag once or twice, but never both at the same time. I commend your literary abilities funk1234, as well as your counting prowess. After that post, I'm surprised you could count that high... But I digress.

On a more relevant note, I'm curious as to exactly when I ever showed disrespect to those who have no desire to go to war. The idea in and of itself is rather self-defeating given that it would mean expressing disrespect to myself. Perhaps you might find yourself more at home on a different thread... I hear the Pokemon thread is very popular this week! At least there they won't rip the shit out of you if you go and make a fool of yourself with stupid crap like that post...

Garygaz

HSC
Can't believe how ignorant people are thinking that war is unnecessary. WWI, WWII, Korean War, Afghanistan. World would be a lot more full of scum today if they weren't dealt with forcefully.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I want the Commonwelath of the British Empire dissolved and in it's place a Commonwealth of Democracies established. Group together the 50 or so partial and complete democracies in an economic, diplomatic and military alliance to protect freedom, justice and equality for all.
Membership could be used as a stick and carrot system. You have a coup, you get kicked out, suffer sanctions, have a Commonwealth military intervention etc. You hold (reasonably) fair elections, you get partial or observer membership. You progress to the point of having 50 years of unbroken democracy, you get full membership.
At the core we could have a group of these full members with double voting rights and a defensive military alliance between them, garuanteeing the freedom and security of all the other full members. This would effectively replace NATO as a more global and less regional and reactionary alliance.
Fuck yeah, New World Order.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I want the Commonwelath of the British Empire dissolved and in it's place a Commonwealth of Democracies established. Group together the 50 or so partial and complete democracies in an economic, diplomatic and military alliance to protect freedom, justice and equality for all.
Membership could be used as a stick and carrot system. You have a coup, you get kicked out, suffer sanctions, have a Commonwealth military intervention etc. You hold (reasonably) fair elections, you get partial or observer membership. You progress to the point of having 50 years of unbroken democracy, you get full membership.
At the core we could have a group of these full members with double voting rights and a defensive military alliance between them, garuanteeing the freedom and security of all the other full members. This would effectively replace NATO as a more global and less regional and reactionary alliance.
Fuck yeah, New World Order.
Old World Order, but still fuck yeah. Bring it on Chino-russian-islamic theocracy

John McCain's League of Democracies - Atlantic Review - Analysis of Transatlantic Relations and U.S. Foreign Policy
McCain's League of Democracies said:
We need to renew and revitalise our democratic solidarity. We need to strengthen our transatlantic alliance as the core of a new global compact – a League of Democracies – that can harness the great power of the more than 100 democratic nations around the world to advance our values and defend our shared interests.

Freedom_

Banned
HSC
N/A
It is particularly ironic that war always enables the State to rally the energies of its citizens under the slogan of helping it to defend the country against some bestial outside menace. For the root myth that enables the State to wax fat off war is the canard that war is a defense by the State of its subjects. The facts, however, are precisely the reverse. For if war is the health of the State, it is also its greatest danger. A State can only “die” by defeat in war or by revolution. In war, therefore, the State frantically mobilizes its subjects to fight for it against another State, under the pretext that it is fighting to defend them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)