• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is western civilisation better than aboriginies of the past? (1 Viewer)

cxlxoxk

HSC
John Oliver said:
Yeah we have fixed that one problem by strengthening cabin doors. Great going.
Uhhhh, so you are saying there won't be any terrorist hijackings ever not next year, not in a 1000 years (if we still exist)? You are not fit to make such a guarantee.

Man your argument is completely without substance.
It's not an argument, it's opinion. subjective not objective.

Which is why you're a quack and no-one is taking you or anything you say seriously.
I'm not asking anyone to.

And where do you think these extreme religious values come from? Religion is as much a part of culture as is local cuisine.
I know religion is part of culture, but government is not...relgion shouldn't (but it's the case) be allowed to influence the governing of a country, or the laws upon which governing is based. i think morality and ethics from basic human conscience should make and reform law.

If you think their culture and way of life is so great then go join them.
I dare you.
I plan to, when i retire, and i have nothing left to do in this society. Not now, i was born here i wanna experience here, as much as i can...If noone else thinks that kind of way of life is great then explain to me why a lot of people like "Into the Wild". I'm not saying the grass is greener on their side, i'm saying the grass is just as green (to me) on their side.

cxlxoxk

HSC
John Oliver said:
Why a lot of people like into the wild? Because a lot of people also like alternative medicine and the other nonsense about naturalism.

Yawn. Natural doesn't mean good; mercury and uranium come from nature, are you going to ingest those?
no, nor do i like the idea of using the latter for power (nuclear power).

cxlxoxk

HSC
Uhhh didn't...i just know we can't...there is excess after the nuclear fission etc...

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
cxlxoxk said:
toxic waste = bad for the environment. we can't dispose of it safely.
I hate people like you. Ignorantly spouting "omg it's bad stop it all omg". It's people like you who stop research into things like thorium reactors.

Also I hope you realise that the ground you walk on is radioactive ("toxic waste"). You are radioactive.

Last edited:

cxlxoxk

HSC
no science studied in yr 11/12....

o wait i did physics in year 11, for like 2 weeks, found it sooo boring, i quit, i mean who doesn't know newton's laws of motion.

and i don't ignorantly object any scientific development/research...if scientists are so smart, they need to be coming up with things like cold fusion, except not epic fail, it needs to have some degree of success, then replicated and improved, to a greater degree of success.

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
cxlxoxk said:
no science studied in yr 11/12....

o wait i did physics in year 11, for like 2 weeks, found it sooo boring, i quit, i mean who doesn't know newton's laws of motion.

and i don't ignorantly object any scientific development/research...if scientists are so smart, they need to be coming up with things like cold fusion, except not epic fail, it needs to have some degree of success, then replicated and improved, to a greater degree of success.
lol

cxlxoxk

HSC
so you are saying not studying a single science makes you dumb?

i did a lot of humanities related subjects...legal...society and culture...i replaced physics with ancient history, but i find ancient egypt boring so i quit that by year 12, when i started doing pompeii and herculaneum.

i'm sure there are 15,000+ people this year who did similar, "no sciences", for their 10 units.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
cxlxoxk said:
so you are saying not studying a single science makes you dumb?

i did a lot of humanities related subjects...legal...society and culture...i replaced physics with ancient history, but i find ancient egypt boring so i quit that by year 12, when i started doing pompeii and herculaneum.

i'm sure there are 15,000+ people this year who did similar, "no sciences", for their 10 units.
No, you're a dumb fuck cos of this:
if scientists are so smart, they need to be coming up with things like cold fusion, except not epic fail, it needs to have some degree of success, then replicated and improved, to a greater degree of success.
What the hell do you think they're doing with all their research time? Sitting down and twiddling their thumbs? They are coming upm with things like cold fusion.
How the hell do you think you even know what cold fusion is? Because some scientist worked out the theoretical methods of using such a process. Now they're working on the practical application of this theory. And morons like you are not helping.
And yes there are plenty of people who didn't do any sciences for their HSC, myself included. However, you're an still idiot because you make sweeping statements upon a subject which you know virtually nothing. The rest of us humanities-based folks generally steer very clear of such statements, because we have the intelligence to realise the limits to our own knowledge.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
cxlxoxk said:
I'm saying what you define as a worser culture (middle east - al qaeda), is still able affect our technology...why can't we make it foolproof and untouchable, if we are so "superior". answer: we're not.
Everything you say is irrelevant from now on.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Hey man your fucking iPhone is receiving radiations right now dawg.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I wasn't talking to you, argh. Btw, Global Warming is a myth. If you want to atleast be factual say Climate Change.

ongitsanjali

HSC
well are you saying they're a lot better off now?

and yes i am buying ito the "noble savage" bit, because it's true

ongitsanjali

HSC
Kwayera said:
Yeah, I respect it. But that doesn't mean it's better than western civilisation.

IDK, I'd personally take western science and medicine and literature - progression, yes.
well i can't really say there is ever exactly a measure for whether a culture is superior or not...
it's entirely subjective

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)