Is your school doing the 'Queanbo Model' for Year 11 & 12 (1 Viewer)

ilovetigers92

HSC
Hi all,
The 'Queanbo model' is where you only study 3 subjects double time in year 11 and then the other 3 subjects in year12. So you actually sit the HSC in year 11 because you did year12 study. This opportunity is a great way, as you can re do any subjects that you may got low marks in. There is less stress in it, because you only got 3 subjects to worry about, but sometimes the subjects will be repreated during the day. Normally at the end of the year about the late Novemeber you roll over to the next school year unless you are in year 12 and start new subjects.
I got told that some schools are doing this because it is a great way of doing year 11 & 12.

If your school is doing this or something similar, could you post what school it is and if you like/ dislike it.

Brontecat

HSC
yep, i like it except some of my subs are 2 year and some are 1 year which makes it hard to balance them at times - you can see the subs n my sig. - as for school we're a christian school :D

oh and also business and IPT are by distance ed, so the teachers don't understand whats going on which makes it REALLY hard, especially when they didn't even realise you had your HSC and kept asking for work in the first 2 weeks and when they dont make allowances for the fact tht people need to chill after HSC

but yeh other than that its pretty good ...wellim hoping anyway, only 7 hours and i find out my result :)

Last edited:

Eddykungfu

HSC
Hi all,
The 'Queanbo model' is where you only study 3 subjects double time in year 11 and then the other 3 subjects in year12. So you actually sit the HSC in year 11 because you did year12 study. This opportunity is a great way, as you can re do any subjects that you may got low marks in. There is less stress in it, because you only got 3 subjects to worry about, but sometimes the subjects will be repreated during the day. Normally at the end of the year about the late Novemeber you roll over to the next school year unless you are in year 12 and start new subjects.
I got told that some schools are doing this because it is a great way of doing year 11 & 12.

If your school is doing this or something similar, could you post what school it is and if you like/ dislike it.
I didn't develop an efficient study routine until term 2 of year 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)