• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Islam Discussion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i know there is veterandoggy go read up for yourself, dotn try to defend islam by saying its not true, when obviously there is so much evidence there is. my proof, i seen evidence of actual muslims speak of it.
well of course you will find evidence. i can pay $2 a month and set up a website that explains "jihad" finely. i could also pull crap out of my ass too.

and have you read PROPER translations of the word? no, you havent. "actual muslims" isnt the proper term. id be dreading that even i am not a actual muslim, although i do what i can. what am i saying, of course im not. muslim literally means something along the linews of "submitted" or "a submitter". i cant say i have fully submitted, and if those who you refer to as actual muslims say that they are, then they are definately liars, because there are alot of narrations from the prophet, and unless the proper context, time and audience is considered anything can be misinterpreted.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
sashatheman said:
why hasnt the world ended yet, why do all the beleivers think that its gonna end in thier life time. THis has been thought by many people for centuries until notihng happens and they were proven dead wrong. But now we have a new bunch , who know that the world is comign to an end, its just obsurd, to think so.
well, have you considered that humans have been alive for yonks? so 1000 years of people saying that the end is near would only seem normal. and according to what are the signs of the last day, the only ones people are looking for now is the appearance of the mahdi, a person supposed to elevate the muslims status again, followed immediately by the appearance of the antichrist, a being who is given power by god to try and convince people that HE is god. THEN comes what everyone as been waiting for: the descent of jesus, although everyone is waiting for different reasons i guess.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
Generator said:
If you'd like a piece of advice, I would suggest that you let someone else argue the point, because you seem to leave far too many holes into which those with a point of criticism may pour scorn. It would also help not to suggest that all who oppose you are your enemies, because that's hardly a useful frame of mind for one accessing a forum that is meant to facilitate constructive yet youthful debates concerning a range of issues (not just religion, despite what some may think) between people of diverse backgrounds and opinions.
awww, gimme a break. its been 2 years since i had any classes. and besides, what am i here for? to patch up the holes you find, of course! i didnt say i gave you everything, i am trying to answer each question, but you need to bear in mind that if you dont know the situation, audience and time of a saying of muhammad, then there is bound to be many interpretations of it ie war quotes.

G

gO_Go_CoMuNisM

pffft who believes in some bloke that came to earth and died on the cross?
Christianity = terrorism kthx

atheism > all

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
where did you come from? id be personally insulted if i was to find out that my greatgreatgreatgreat grandfather ate my greatgreatgreatgreat grandmother's banana on their honeymoon and she plopped one on his head while he was asleep in a tree...

and according to evolution, elehants could have evolved from cockroaches. after all, why couldnt the last two legs turn up to become a tail, and the pinscers (if it has any, but what do we know about ancient cockroaches?) could have also turned upwards to become tusks, and also the little fella could have found some high in protein food and became that big.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
where did you come from? id be personally insulted if i was to find out that my greatgreatgreatgreat grandfather ate my greatgreatgreatgreat grandmother's banana on their honeymoon and she plopped one on his head while he was asleep in a tree...

and according to evolution, elehants could have evolved from cockroaches. after all, why couldnt the last two legs turn up to become a tail, and the pinscers (if it has any, but what do we know about ancient cockroaches?) could have also turned upwards to become tusks, and also the little fella could have found some high in protein food and became that big.
ok tell me exaclty when did humans get created on earth. How many years? theres scientific evidence of humans spanning many thoasands of years back , bones of early humans, who where not as devepoed as the modern humans, had smaller bones, etc etc.
if you belive that god just created evgerything in one go , what time frame did this happen and how do u explain all the evidence of creatures that lived millions of years ago.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
awww, gimme a break. its been 2 years since i had any classes. and besides, what am i here for? to patch up the holes you find, of course! i didnt say i gave you everything, i am trying to answer each question, but you need to bear in mind that if you dont know the situation, audience and time of a saying of muhammad, then there is bound to be many interpretations of it ie war quotes.
it seems that yuor interpetations suggest that every quote is actually a peaceful, and humane piece of text that suggests that anyone else who reads is is wrong becuase they simply misinterpret it. Those terrorist who interpet it the way they do, is obviously misinterpreted etc etc.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
it seems that yuor interpetations suggest that every quote is actually a peaceful, and humane piece of text that suggests that anyone else who reads is is wrong becuase they simply misinterpret it. Those terrorist who interpet it the way they do, is obviously misinterpreted etc etc.
no, not entirely misinterpreted. they pick the part they are looking for, or their leadres anyway, and use it to egg them on

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
well, have you considered that humans have been alive for yonks? so 1000 years of people saying that the end is near would only seem normal. and according to what are the signs of the last day, the only ones people are looking for now is the appearance of the mahdi, a person supposed to elevate the muslims status again, followed immediately by the appearance of the antichrist, a being who is given power by god to try and convince people that HE is god. THEN comes what everyone as been waiting for: the descent of jesus, although everyone is waiting for different reasons i guess.
dude you cant just use two religions that appose each other and say that both events will happen. Firstly people like Soha will strongly object to jesus even existing so they will say your half wrong, christians will agrue against the muslim belief and say they are wrong, so whats left thats right? it seems that you try to make sence of all these religions , but by putting them together you create more illogical and silly unproven beliefs that hardly seem possible.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
ok tell me exaclty when did humans get created on earth. How many years? theres scientific evidence of humans spanning many thoasands of years back , bones of early humans, who where not as devepoed as the modern humans, had smaller bones, etc etc.
if you belive that god just created evgerything in one go , what time frame did this happen and how do u explain all the evidence of creatures that lived millions of years ago.
do you think that humans were all the same size? some were giants, like adam, and a tribe will come which will all be midgets, which will eat everything edible. and not everything was created in one go. allah says in the quran a verse meaning that new tribes replaced the ones unthankful to allahs mercy. so as creatures became less and less thankful, they were replaced with better creatures, hence the flood of hoah, extinction of numerous of creatures, ect.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
no, not entirely misinterpreted. they pick the part they are looking for, or their leadres anyway, and use it to egg them on
how do you know that the way they interpret it is wrong and that only the way good muslims interpret it is right? the only way to know is to actually ask the writter of these verses and let him explain exactly how he intended it be interpreted. You are just making your own interpretation , however your saying that yours is more right then mine or those of exprimists who use it to explode them selves. you cant say others misinterpret the verses becuase you dont know

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
do you think that humans were all the same size? some were giants, like adam, and a tribe will come which will all be midgets, which will eat everything edible. and not everything was created in one go. allah says in the quran a verse meaning that new tribes replaced the ones unthankful to allahs mercy. so as creatures became less and less thankful, they were replaced with better creatures, hence the flood of hoah, extinction of numerous of creatures, ect.
you never answer my questions correctly. what time frame were the first humans created?

i have no idea what you are tlaking about when u start mentioning giants and midgets, but your mixing islamic beliefs with christianity again. you said that adam and eve exist , then you say allah created and destroyed tribes, which one is it. doesnt make sence what so ever

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
dude you cant just use two religions that appose each other and say that both events will happen. Firstly people like Soha will strongly object to jesus even existing so they will say your half wrong, christians will agrue against the muslim belief and say they are wrong, so whats left thats right? it seems that you try to make sence of all these religions , but by putting them together you create more illogical and silly unproven beliefs that hardly seem possible.
huh? that was from islam only. and i dont really know that much about christianity to try explaining things from your side, so yeah, i guess im kinda talking bull in most peoples eyes

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
you never answer my questions correctly. what time frame were the first humans created?

i have no idea what you are tlaking about when u start mentioning giants and midgets, but your mixing islamic beliefs with christianity again. you said that adam and eve exist , then you say allah created and destroyed tribes, which one is it. doesnt make sence what so ever
i dont know! humans didnt start recording when they were first created, i guess.

the tribes i refer to are all creatures, so as creatures lost gratefulness, allah replaced them with better tribes. somewhere along the lines adam and eve were one of the replacing tribes, then later on tribes within adam's population were replaced by better people

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
how do you know that the way they interpret it is wrong and that only the way good muslims interpret it is right? the only way to know is to actually ask the writter of these verses and let him explain exactly how he intended it be interpreted. You are just making your own interpretation , however your saying that yours is more right then mine or those of exprimists who use it to explode them selves. you cant say others misinterpret the verses becuase you dont know
umm, because prominent scholars have already given interpretations which have been almost unanimously agreed upon, but these groups think they know more than the scholars of old, so they tweak some of the meanings. sometimes a verse could be seen in the way of the misinterpretation, that is how they help support their point.

and also i have a book called reasons for revealing, which i have admittedly not read yet, but it talks about why each surah or verse was revealed. alot of them were sent down because of an event at the time, and so could not be interpreted in more ways then one, if you understand me

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
huh? that was from islam only. and i dont really know that much about christianity to try explaining things from your side, so yeah, i guess im kinda talking bull in most peoples eyes
i am not christian first of all.

but what your saying is that quran mentions adam and eve , but it sais they were just part of some "later" tribe?

how can you give me all this information when you dont know yourself the time or place of where this happened. you give me general information but dont bother to provide anythign concrete that makes me think its even possible. You are just saying this happened , but when i dont know, and how exactly i dont know, it just happened. All the other scientific evidence is false ie prehistoric creatures existed millinos of years into the past, but humans didnt? wouldnt that be an insult to human kind, if god made some creatures millions of years yearlier?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
i dont know! humans didnt start recording when they were first created, i guess.

the tribes i refer to are all creatures, so as creatures lost gratefulness, allah replaced them with better tribes. somewhere along the lines adam and eve were one of the replacing tribes, then later on tribes within adam's population were replaced by better people
so how did god "replace" these tribes? u speak of the flood, but you said the tribes were replaces many times. Why havent the tribes been replaced since then?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
hey, you can be insulted if you want. but id be rather proud if allah made the angels prostrate before me and originally let humans live in heaven until the forbidden fruit was eaten.
wow what a handy explanation. Humans weres on earth becuase they where angels in the sky. pfff come on man , you need to go out more. Why would god wait millions of years and then put humans on earth. This is ofcourse if you do believe in dinausars living millions of years ago. Some fanatics around here dotn even believe in that, they think humans where the first to be created on earth and etc etc.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
so how did god "replace" these tribes? u speak of the flood, but you said the tribes were replaces many times. Why havent the tribes been replaced since then?
when i say replaced i mean stuff like they lost power over a land and became a minority again. also there are many times which tribes were wiped out, but you wouldnt believe in them.

oh i just remembered another way: natural disasters, duh. he doesnt have to directly vanish them into thin air and create out of nothing a new set of people, although it isnt out of his power's limits, since he has none

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)