• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Islam Discussion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
SashatheMan said:
wow what a handy explanation. Humans weres on earth becuase they where angels in the sky. pfff come on man , you need to go out more. Why would god wait millions of years and then put humans on earth. This is ofcourse if you do believe in dinausars living millions of years ago. Some fanatics around here dotn even believe in that, they think humans where the first to be created on earth and etc etc.
dont worry, im not that fanatic. but who said that humans were sent down MILLIONS of years after the existence of life? in heaven we dont know how long a day is, although it is alot more than on earth. one of my science teachers somehow related e=mc2 to angels being made of light, but it is WAY too complicated. i forgot it in a few days lol

i would see us being on earth as a punishment for adam eating the fruit, and no, we are not paying for adams sin, since his repentance was forgiven.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
humans werent angels in the sky: they were created from mud and had their life breathed into them, and eve was taken from adams lower rib cage, which is why we have one less bone in our rib cage from one side. is that solid proof? cos this was said 1400 years ago, before the invention of xrays

(solid proof that we were created, i mean)

Guzak

HSC
Thats hardly solid proof, the rib thing i mean.. it wouldve been quite easy to determine the amount of bones we have in our bodies.

Do you belive in the theory of evolution, if so how can religion make any sense? and if not, how can you refute the evidence which supports evolution.

There may be a higher power at work, but like i've mentioned befor in this thread, religioin is a farce. If god created everybody equally, why then were women treated as inferiors to men, and still are. Religion started as a way for a few men to seize power by creating fear.. fear of an all knowing god. If there were things we weent meant to be doing, God wouldn.t have made them possible (and dont mention that 'god gave us free will' crap).

The devil is the perfect example of how men created something to strike fear into people to get them to obey what these men say, and it worked perfectly religions are the most powerful organizations on the planet.

I belive there would have to be a higher power at work, i mean were did it all come from (the universe) but to belive in things such as hate for other religions, or sins is ridiculous.

I wathed 30 days last night and it explaine perfectly the difference between the jewish, muslims and cristians.

Jewish are the original, and they are still waiting for their messiah to save them.
Cristians are originally jews that belive Jesus was their messiah
Muslims are also originally jews who belive mohummed was their messiah.
- this makes perfect sense, and yet why is there all this conflict between religions that are so extremely alike?

Religion divides people, spirituality brings people together.

Guzak

HSC
Im not sure if that last post was off topic, but i had to say it.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
What i don't understand is why do these islamic fundamentalists run around screaming 'freedom of speech' when terrorist laws would restrict their preaching etc.

but all around the world people are being shunned by islamic fundamentalists because of their voiced criticisms, i mean the qua'ran even encourages the mistreatment of infidels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_van_Gogh_(Film_director)

Theo Van Gogh was practicing his freedom of speech through a movie, a movie which had anti-muslim messages, what happened to him, he was murdered, brutally, by a muslim.

why do these double standards exist?

If islamics are so quick to dismiss religious documents such as the bible because it has too many contradicitons, why are they letting this double-standard occur?

So do believers recieve the privilage of free speech, but the non-believers, the sub-human infidels, are denied this right?

If they don't give us freedom of speech, why should we give them freedom of speech?

I'm secular by the way so no i am not biased towards the bible.

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
humans werent angels in the sky: they were created from mud and had their life breathed into them, and eve was taken from adams lower rib cage, which is why we have one less bone in our rib cage from one side. is that solid proof? cos this was said 1400 years ago, before the invention of xrays

(solid proof that we were created, i mean)
people didnt need xrays back then. when a person died , they either opened them up for observation, or the heat from the sun dried the bones. thats not proof that it happened the way you said. why do we have an appendix? with your reasoning i can conclude that we have an appendix because god had a spare piece of dirt and didnt know how to use it, so he gave humans an appendix.

Guzak

HSC
We dont belive they deserve freedom of speech, and they dont belive we deserve it..its a never ending circle.

This is showing how religioons divide people, if someone doesnt belive in god, or chooses to belive in a sdifferent way, why should it matter, we are all praying to one god, although many dont belive it is the same, it is entirely the same god like i pointed out in my previous post.

Guzak

HSC
and wasnt an appendix originally used to help digest foor such as grass in our ancient ancestors

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Guzak said:
and wasnt an appendix originally used to help digest foor such as grass in our ancient ancestors
using a scientific bases yes. Early humans probably used to to digest plant like food. Ofcourse the religious foke dotn belive is early humans, becuase god just created them to look like modern humans, hence they cant make that arguement about the appendix being used for diagestion, so the only conclusion is that god had too much "dirt" and just added a useless part to the human body.

by the way all humans have exactly the same amount of ribs. men dont have one less rib as you say. Show me proof that they do if u say so

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
Guzak said:
Thats hardly solid proof, the rib thing i mean.. it wouldve been quite easy to determine the amount of bones we have in our bodies.

Do you belive in the theory of evolution, if so how can religion make any sense? and if not, how can you refute the evidence which supports evolution.

There may be a higher power at work, but like i've mentioned befor in this thread, religioin is a farce. If god created everybody equally, why then were women treated as inferiors to men, and still are. Religion started as a way for a few men to seize power by creating fear.. fear of an all knowing god. If there were things we weent meant to be doing, God wouldn.t have made them possible (and dont mention that 'god gave us free will' crap).

The devil is the perfect example of how men created something to strike fear into people to get them to obey what these men say, and it worked perfectly religions are the most powerful organizations on the planet.

I belive there would have to be a higher power at work, i mean were did it all come from (the universe) but to belive in things such as hate for other religions, or sins is ridiculous.

I wathed 30 days last night and it explaine perfectly the difference between the jewish, muslims and cristians.

Jewish are the original, and they are still waiting for their messiah to save them.
Cristians are originally jews that belive Jesus was their messiah
Muslims are also originally jews who belive mohummed was their messiah.
- this makes perfect sense, and yet why is there all this conflict between religions that are so extremely alike?

Religion divides people, spirituality brings people together.
i dont believe in the theory of evolution, since religion contradicts it

women are equal in many ways, they just dont have to be literally equal to us so that it may hold true

i dont hate other religions, i believe that they have been 'modified' by humans in order to suit their greed and desires, fueled by satan. islam is claimed to be protected by god, so it cant be changed, only misinterpreted.

muslims were originally jews? no, they werent. muslims were originally pagans, but if you were to put it that way, then aetheists were originally jews who got sick of all the conflict between religions, so decided to give them something else to fight about.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
people didnt need xrays back then. when a person died , they either opened them up for observation, or the heat from the sun dried the bones. thats not proof that it happened the way you said. why do we have an appendix? with your reasoning i can conclude that we have an appendix because god had a spare piece of dirt and didnt know how to use it, so he gave humans an appendix.
i was waiting for that. you see, the appendix is the only bone which will not decay away, and on the day of judgement we will rise from our graves like plants sprouting, and the appendix will be what we are to rise from

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
people didnt need xrays back then. when a person died , they either opened them up for observation, or the heat from the sun dried the bones. thats not proof that it happened the way you said.

the muslims used to bury the person as fast as they could, so i dont think they did autopsies

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
What i don't understand is why do these islamic fundamentalists run around screaming 'freedom of speech' when terrorist laws would restrict their preaching etc.

but all around the world people are being shunned by islamic fundamentalists because of their voiced criticisms, i mean the qua'ran even encourages the mistreatment of infidels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_van_Gogh_(Film_director)

Theo Van Gogh was practicing his freedom of speech through a movie, a movie which had anti-muslim messages, what happened to him, he was murdered, brutally, by a muslim.

why do these double standards exist?

If islamics are so quick to dismiss religious documents such as the bible because it has too many contradicitons, why are they letting this double-standard occur?

So do believers recieve the privilage of free speech, but the non-believers, the sub-human infidels, are denied this right?

If they don't give us freedom of speech, why should we give them freedom of speech?

I'm secular by the way so no i am not biased towards the bible.

*waits for a reply*

Guzak

HSC
s for women, they are not treated as equals, they did not have many of the rights men did, and theystill dont in many cultures. In christianity, women have not been as freely accepted in the past as men have.

I dont belive all religious people hate other religions, but some do because they belive it is entirely wrong, when all religions stemmed from the same at one point or another, how can youhate religions that are so closely related in so many ways.

Guzak

HSC
shit, thats meant to as "AS for women, and this was meant to go before it:

if you belive in the theory of evolution how can you refute the eveindence which supports it?

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
Guzak said:
We dont belive they deserve freedom of speech, and they dont belive we deserve it..its a never ending circle.

This is showing how religioons divide people, if someone doesnt belive in god, or chooses to belive in a sdifferent way, why should it matter, we are all praying to one god, although many dont belive it is the same, it is entirely the same god like i pointed out in my previous post.
no, its like saying i am praying to an apple and youre praying to an orange. its not the same

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
Guzak said:
s for women, they are not treated as equals, they did not have many of the rights men did, and theystill dont in many cultures. In christianity, women have not been as freely accepted in the past as men have.

I dont belive all religious people hate other religions, but some do because they belive it is entirely wrong, when all religions stemmed from the same at one point or another, how can youhate religions that are so closely related in so many ways.
well, that is because no one is following their religion properly, not even my fellow arab countries

i dont believe in the theory of evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)