Islam (1 Viewer)

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
Q: How do u know prayer has no benefit:

ANSWER: because, not everyone prays and they all are mentall fit.

so not everyone takes medicine and they are fit.

therefore medicine has no benefit

why do they need to know where they are head 'islamically' - when i say its a complete waste of time - u have no benefit?

'islamicaly lost'- they were already lost and even more lost when they continue praying, as they aare serving no purpose. a person crossing a street has purpose of getting to the other side of the road, a person praying - wastes his time. essentially then praying -its purpose is a waste of time

Why do we pray?
Coz God has told us to pray

A muslim is the one who submits to the will of God. God tells us what to do and we do it.

the psychological benefits are just a side benefit- along with the benefits of :

fasting,
charity
remembering God
memorising the Quran

We pray to God because He deserves it and we know it. If you're on these threads to understand who we are- then ive told you the reason, if your here for some other purpose then thats your problem

Islam is the original religion- Humans have a natural inclination to recognise their creator and worship that creator- this is what all athiests will say

Islam recognises that- we call it fitrah- a state of innocence like a child who is sinless- this is our original condition

when we grow up we change- some of us lose that state of innocence- some moreso than others

Adam was a muslim- he submitted to what God wanted of him
Moses - prayed to God -
Jesus prayed to God Matthew 26:39

They all prayed the way we pray now- they all recognised the need and the benefits of praying.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
mr EaZy said:
so not everyone takes medicine and they are fit.

therefore medicine has no benefit
Not everyone is 'fit'? rite?
Why do we pray?
Coz God has told us to pray
As i say u can believe in god, but you cant trust him. Your can believe in your friend, but can you trust him?
A muslim is the one who submits to the will of God. God tells us what to do and we do it.
A muslim is one who believes in the religion of islam, nothing more or less.
the psychological benefits are just a side benefit- along with the benefits of :

fasting,
charity
remembering God
memorising the Quran
You dont need god or religion in order to obtain these 'benefits'.
We pray to God because He deserves it and we know it. If you're on these threads to understand who we are- then ive told you the reason, if your here for some other purpose then thats your problem
PRaying is a waste of time. its as a simple as that.

Islam is the original religion- Humans have a natural inclination to recognise their creator and worship that creator- this is what all athiests will say
[/QUOTE}
Islam is the original religio - everyone claims their religon to be 'original' - it makes no difference its a belief. Just like how people believe in aliens and santa claus.
Also humans have a natural inclination to be like animals. that is all. they dont have a natural inclination to recognise a creator - that is not true dont tell things that you cant understand.
Islam recognises that- we call it fitrah- a state of innocence like a child who is sinless- this is our original condition
does it only recognise that? animals have a state of innocence of that matter, you dont need islam to point that out. Its plain obvious.
when we grow up we change- some of us lose that state of innocence- some moreso than others

Adam was a muslim- he submitted to what God wanted of him
Moses - prayed to God -
Jesus prayed to God Matthew 26:39

They all prayed the way we pray now- they all recognised the need and the benefits of praying.
Change has nothing to do with religon. Change has always occurred before the existence of any form of religon. IT has existed even before the dinosaurs did.
Adam wasnt muslim he was human being, who may have been king and worshipped like other kings after him. Moses has long beard, i dont know if he believed in god.
Jesus belived in miracles.. - he was mad.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
no prayer does work, it has been proven to work, its a fact.

When a muslim prayers they are judged by allah and if they pass the judgment process their prayer is considered and a benefit is sent down to help the fallen soldier.

get it right you stupid idiot athiest!

get some education.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I thought the idea of prayer was to ask God a private wish, kinda like when you blow out the candles on your birthday cake - If you say what you wished for, it doesn't come true????

Help???

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
i don't think its wishing or anything i think it's just to reduce anxiety or something, prayer is for insecure people that need to feel like 'oh im being helped by god ill be happy now', hence, placebo effect and they reduce their anxiety by believing that they will be saved/helped whatever

maybe is like an obsessive-compulsive disorder

keep praying to reduce anxiety :eek:

maybe all religious people just suffer from major anxiety disorders. It has to be some kind of disorder because their thought patterns are shit.

L

littlewing69

bekstah said:
if they are so alike, and Jesus was the 'human manifestation of God' then why isnt he widely mentioned at all in the religion, and then theres mohammed where does he come in, where do any of teh islamic disciples come in.
the koran is just a random book written by like scholars who make things up
The Bible is the only true book written by God throught Jesus's hand-picked disciples.

Wow. Ignorant much?

PS: The bible wasn't written by Jesus' disciples.
PPS: God=Yahweh=Allah

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Logically prayer cannot work with mainstream religion's conception of God.

Because he's:
1. All knowing, hence he already knows what he's going to do to the relevant patient.
2. Infallible, hence what he's going to do cannot be changed.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
HotShot said:
that is if GOD was logical... but i dont think he is, logic says he doesnt exist.
Yes but you see there's still logical dilemars in your belief... i.e. I think a magical version of hitler exists, now logic says he doesn't exist - but i know he does - so he's outside logic.

Once you begin an abandonment of any form of logic, you're just another crazy.

Kulazzi

HSC
Just a hearty video to lighten up the atmosphere:

Salam Cafe 2 Go: Episode 6

Just misconceptions about the Hijaab. The woman is actually of Australian descent (she is a revert I believe) and speaks English fairly fluently. Don't worry, it is very much humourous ;).

Last edited:

Kulazzi

HSC
I think it's on TVS? To be honest, I haven't actually seen any of their episodes (yet!) but yeah, they're good.

Kulazzi

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
oh yea tvs... not TVSN (that's the foxtel shopping network one lolz).
:rofl: (this smiley looks so gay but that's how much I laughed when I read your comment :p)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
that study on prayer was not science, it is pseudo-science because no explanation of the mechanism in which prayer assists people was given.

Studying prayer is most likely beyond the scope of science. Unless something radical happens, like a discovery of thought waves that travels between people, and soothing thought waves can have a calming effect on the brain of the receiver. Actually thats probably a good explanation of why humans crave society and interaction.

The problem i feel with religion is it is incredibly illogical. There is no way i can ever prove or convince a muslim that their faith is foolish. The only way to win is take their kids off them and raise them as normal. That way hopefully islam will be wiped out in a few generations.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Studying prayer is most likely beyond the scope of science.
Perhaps, but I wouldn't say because of your example. We don't need to know HOW it works to measure its effect, the biggest problem tho would be having a control group for such an experiment. How do you 'control' someone being prayed for?

Optophobia

HSC
soha said:
yes it is fucked indeed
i mean in islam..if u take a life the punishment is hellfire
so why would a muslim kill ..especially for no reason
the ones that do..God knows what will become of them
The heavily religious 19th century white Australians believed that as well. It didn't stop them from slaughtering hundreds of aboriginies.

Ultimately, the followers of any religion will, even if prohibited from killing, carry it out if they believe its in the interests of their religion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)