Israel–Gaza conflict (2 Viewers)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Re: Israeli Gaza Airstrikes

Schroedinger said:
Islam is a religion of peace, right?
Same way Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism and Shintoism are.

MissSarajevo

HSC

Hamas Playboy killed by airstrike

ISRAELI warplanes have killed a senior Hamas leader and several members of his family, in an airstrike that marks a possible new stage in the six-day offensive on the Islamists in the Gaza Strip.

Senior Hamas leader Nizar Rayyan inspects militants during a training exercise in the northern Gaza Strip in 2007.
With Hamas using increasingly sophisticated rockets to hit cities deeper inside Israel, F16 aircraft fired two missiles into the house of Nizar Rayyan, a fierce militant who had advocated renewing suicide bombings inside the Jewish state and the Islamists' takeover of the West Bank.

The blast decapitated Mr Rayyan and killed at least two of his four wives, as well as several of his children, and hurled his body into the street in Jabaliya, a refugee camp in the northern Gaza Strip.
Hamas leader Nizar Rayyan and wives killed in raid | The Australian

Kujah

HSC
N/A

moll. said:
Mossad assassinations actually would have been a good idea. Like they did after Munich. Way less collateral damage, same effect (little slower perhaps).
Or special forces incursion and targeted raids on Hamas buildings. Probably result in more Israeli casualties, but at least they wouldn't be losing the propaganda war as much as they are, and the casualties would be soldiers, not civilians.
Targeted raids would have resulted in less collateral damage, but like you said, it would have taken a lot more time and effort, considering the amount of infiltration and intelligence that would have to be done. And the casualties of Israeli soldiers would be considered as well.

Mossad assassinations would also be effective, but would have to be combined with aerial and naval offensives to totally decapitate the leadership of the Hamas movement and also destroy the infrastructure and missile sites within Gaza. Sadly, I don't think thats realistically possible and this attempt has resulted in way too many casualties.

Last edited:

Jessica14

HSC

Kujah said:
Targeted raids would have resulted in less collateral damage, but like you said, it would have taken a lot more time and effort, considering the amount of infiltration and intelligence that would have to be done. And the casualties of Israeli soldiers would be considered as well.

Mossad assassinations would also be effective, but would have to be combined with aerial and naval offensives to totally decapitate the leadership of the Hamas movement and also destroy the infrastructure and missile sites within Gaza. Sadly, I don't think thats realistically possible and this attempt has resulted in way too many casualties.
I still believe that Mossad could have effectively, albeit over time, toppled over the Hamas leadership, unless said leaders are as elusive as the Red Prince.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC

Jessica14 said:
I still believe that Mossad could have effectively, albeit over time, toppled over the Hamas leadership, unless said leaders are as elusive as the Red Prince.
If Eric Bana has taught me anything, it's that Mossad is all-powerful and can reach into any country, any time to kill it's national enemies.

Jessica14

HSC

moll. said:
If Eric Bana has taught me anything, it's that Mossad is all-powerful and can reach into any country, any time to kill it's national enemies.
I love that movie! Daniel Craig plays a Jew. In Power of One, he was a Nazi.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

20 dead civillians with 400 dead hamas members is hardly alot of collateral damage. I'd say airstrikes are highly effective. It's not like they're carpet bombing or something.

banco55

HSC

Jessica14 said:
The infrastructure would still be in place and Hamas is a pretty sophisticated organization they have built in redundancies, "understudies" for the leadership positions and operate with a cellular structure.

Jessica14

HSC

So I just came across this in my reading:

Mohammed Deif has been at the top of Israel's "most wanted" list for years and is thought to have narrowly escaped the Israeli army's efforts to kill him on several occasions. Although he only took over as Gaza commander of Hamas's military wing in July 2002, Israel holds him personally responsible for the deaths of dozens of people in suicide bombings since 1996.
Full article: BBC NEWS | Middle East | Profile: Hamas commander Mohammed Deif

The military wing of Hamas, Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, are the terrorist organisation that Australia recognises. Not Hamas itself. Deif is it's leader and it's reported that he has survived five assassination attempts. Now I know that it took Mossad nearly seven years to find and kill Ali Hassan Salameh after Munich, but I must say, I expected the Institute to have wiped Deif off the face of the Earth by now. It'll be the Brigaders who are firing the rockets.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC

Jessica14 said:
I love that movie! Daniel Craig plays a Jew. In Power of One, he was a Nazi.
New movie coming out in the next month or so, Defiance, sees him playing a Jew again during World War II, leading resistance in Belorussia.
And he wasn't actually a Jew in Munich, was he? Wasn't he just an Anglo-Saxon contract-killer?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Riet said:
20 dead civillians with 400 dead hamas members is hardly alot of collateral damage. I'd say airstrikes are highly effective. It's not like they're carpet bombing or something.
What the fuck? Where did you pull those stats from Jew? The Zionist Timeshalom?

Jessica14

HSC

moll. said:
New movie coming out in the next month or so, Defiance, sees him playing a Jew again during World War II, leading resistance in Belorussia.
And he wasn't actually a Jew in Munich, was he? Wasn't he just an Anglo-Saxon contract-killer?
I'm ashamed to say that I know nothing about this new Daniel Criag movie, but I will definitely be watching it when it comes out.

In Munich, he was playing a South-African Jew recruited by Mossad as a driver. His most memorable lines- "Don't fuck with the Jews!"

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Yeah throw a tomato at one of them and they'll bomb your entire extended family

ALL IN PROTECTION OF MOTHER (fucking) ISRAEL!

Kujah

HSC
N/A

I still believe that Mossad could have effectively, albeit over time, toppled over the Hamas leadership, unless said leaders are as elusive as the Red Prince
True, but the infrastructure's still there. And considering the upcoming elections, Livni and Barak would want widespread and public support and a boost in their bids for being elected, as opposed to the secrecy of an undercover covert operation. Party and internal politics plays a huge part in this, and sadly, it comes at the cost of countless lives.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Ehh, what does it show? I don't really like looking at videos of corpses unless I have to.

Jessica14

HSC

Well, Nebs, there were definitely a few burnt corpses, a lot of blood and Hamas members moving amongst the innocent Gazan civilians carrying AK-47's. I'm just wondering why the cameraman chose to shoot this footage instead of drop the camera and help the several victims moaning on the ground who were bleeding to death. And why could I hear gunfire? Were they trying to bring down the F-16's with automatic small arms?

Jessica14

HSC

Can I ask a question to you all? Which of you regular posters are not a member of either the anti-Israeli or the Pro-Israeli league?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

There is no pro-Israel league. It is another meagre attempt by Schroedinger et al to attempt some of their awful satire.

As for the gunfire? Who knows. Could be anything from Hamas members hoping the bullets would penetrate into Israel, to the good old fashioned Arab game of shoot the adulterer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)