• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel–Gaza conflict (1 Viewer)

nisseltaria

HSC
Can't be fucked with reading the thread so I'll just tip my proposal into the morass.

Proposal: Israel could begin to end the conflict (not just this episode of it) by making a moral grandstand - halting all attacks regardless of their targets, flooding Gaza with aid, and claiming the move as a gesture of goodwill to the Palestinian people. If Hamas did not then cease attack on Israeli citizens (particularly civilians) or at the least enter negotiations with Israel, it could be clearly shown to be acting against the best interests of the Palestinian people.
Should Hamas continue to attack Israel or even step up attacks, the IDF would be justified in a massive military operation explicitly aimed at the destruction of Hamas, though it ought to use the grace period to plan for the protection/evacuation of civilians (to prevent Hamas from using them as human shields, and to lower the number killed/maimed accidentally).

It'll never happen though.

Edit: This weekend there was some old guy on a soapbox outside the Art Gallery in Sydney. He obviously had no concept of irony and was blissfully unaware of Israel's secular status; he claimed that "all Jews are racists" with regards to the Palestinans.

Last edited:

aki117

HSC
nisseltaria said:
Can't be fucked with reading the thread so I'll just tip my proposal into the morass.

Proposal: Israel could begin to end the conflict (not just this episode of it) by making a moral grandstand - halting all attacks regardless of their targets, flooding Gaza with aid, and claiming the move as a gesture of goodwill to the Palestinian people. If Hamas did not then cease attack on Israeli citizens (particularly civilians) or at the least enter negotiations with Israel, it could be clearly shown to be acting against the best interests of the Palestinian people.
Should Hamas continue to attack Israel or even step up attacks, the IDF would be justified in a massive military operation explicitly aimed at the destruction of Hamas, though it ought to use the grace period to plan for the protection/evacuation of civilians (to prevent Hamas from using them as human shields, and to lower the number killed/maimed accidentally).

It'll never happen though.

Edit: This weekend there was some old guy on a soapbox outside the Art Gallery in Sydney. He obviously had no concept of irony and was blissfully unaware of Israel's secular status; he claimed that "all Jews are racists" with regards to the Palestinans.
Very well said, i dont support hamas, their actions and use of palestinians as human shields, is in itself crueler than israel's action. Im pro palestinian, and do not support israel, but i support your view as a temporary solution,because in my opinion this is a war, all wars have an end as history shows, more sides will get invovled, so i dont think, correct me if im wrong, this solution will work out permananetly. I also think of israel as a leader, and i believe some time in the future, they will come to recognise palestine as the owner of their land (the means of which im not sure of yet, but it will happen sooner or later, because we wont tolerate an invader for too long, that goes for all arabic countries who sympathise with palestine)

Gerald10

HSC
IMO the only permanent solution is for the Palestinians to have their land.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The only permanent solution is for the prophet Mohammed to appear to every Islamic leader in a dream, ordering them to renounce all violence

nisseltaria

HSC
aki117 said:
Very well said, i dont support hamas, their actions and use of palestinians as human shields, is in itself crueler than israel's action. Im pro palestinian, and do not support israel, but i support your view as a temporary solution,because in my opinion this is a war, all wars have an end as history shows, more sides will get invovled, so i dont think, correct me if im wrong, this solution will work out permananetly. I also think of israel as a leader, and i believe some time in the future, they will come to recognise palestine as the owner of their land (the means of which im not sure of yet, but it will happen sooner or later, because we wont tolerate an invader for too long, that goes for all arabic countries who sympathise with palestine)
Yup, this is only a short term plan. For success, that is necessary - no civilisation long tolerates what they consider to be an invader. The idea is just to bring to political situation into friendlier territory, by improving the humanitarian situation and attempting to establish a small amount of trust (best case) so that issues such as Israel's "Right to Exist", the requirement that Palestinians apply for a permit from Israel before being allowed to leave,etc, can be discussed rationally between the leaderships.

In the long term, a stable government needs to rule and be allowed to rule in both countries. The formation of such in Palestine, particularly Gaza, has been much weakened - both by the actions of Hamas, and the reaction of the international community to their election.

I personally believe that Israel's "right to existence" was assured on the day that it became impossible to, by any means, end it without causing massive human suffering. That does not nullify the rights of Palestinians to a sovereign state. I am on humanity's side in this conflict.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
John Oliver said:
What of it? In what amounts? To what partition plan? Is there even a partition plan?
All of it and the Israelis should go back to Europe where they came from.

Edu.kid

HSC
Rageeb said:
what was the photo?
It was a picture of a Palestinian baby with a bullet in his chest dead after their car came under attack by the IDF. Ambition got banned a month for showing it by one of the pro-israeli warriors here.

Edu.kid

HSC
John Oliver said:
What of it? In what amounts? To what partition plan? Is there even a partition plan?
1967 borders as imposed by the UN would be fair. The removal of illegal settlements on the west bank and the international rights of palestinians to self determination. THAT MEANS NO CHECKPOINTS AT EVERY CORNER!

Edu.kid

HSC
John Oliver said:
Because it's against the goddamn rules to post gore. He's not being a freedom fighter or being some person who is telling the truth, he's putting seriously fucked up shit in a place where it could be viewed by minors and he's putting the BoS Admins in a shitty legal position.

Keep in mind they can go down for rehosting that stuff, so no wonder he got banned for a fucking month, dude. Read the rules.
Its Just the reality of war, why should we down play the atrocities that are happening. If its so distressing why doesn't Israel stop.

Edu.kid

HSC
John Oliver said:
Because it's against the goddamn rules to post gore. He's not being a freedom fighter or being some person who is telling the truth, he's putting seriously fucked up shit in a place where it could be viewed by minors and he's putting the BoS Admins in a shitty legal position.

Keep in mind they can go down for rehosting that stuff, so no wonder he got banned for a fucking month, dude. Read the rules.
BTW can where are the rules? I want to read them so we know what not to put. How do you find them?

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
I just got banned for like 3 weeks for calling Neb a 'fucking ranga virgin" lol

b1gboyjames

Banned
HSC
anyways, everyone should just give it up. the Gaza strip is being beaten into oblivion and know one can do anything about it. so stop wasting your breathe and time over this issue.

anyways, why cant Israel bomb a few other arab states.fucking oath..

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Posting pictures of maimed and dead children is insulting to their memory and to their families.

Posting pictures of children allegedly killed by Israel (and yes a great deal are killed by the IDF) is stupid as I can just as easily find you photos of children killed in suicide attacks carried out in buses, restaurants and like your story, whilst driving along (aka being snipered).

The difference is the IDF makes efforts to avoid civillian casualties (or for those anti-Israel, anti-Semitic folk claims to, whilst Hamas ando ther terrorist organisations go out of their way to kill innocent civillians and don't even claim otherwise.

IRC-Supporter

HSC
JaredR said:
Posting pictures of maimed and dead children is insulting to their memory and to their families.

Posting pictures of children allegedly killed by Israel (and yes a great deal are killed by the IDF) is stupid as I can just as easily find you photos of children killed in suicide attacks carried out in buses, restaurants and like your story, whilst driving along (aka being snipered).

The difference is the IDF makes efforts to avoid civillian casualties (or for those anti-Israel, anti-Semitic folk claims to, whilst Hamas ando ther terrorist organisations go out of their way to kill innocent civillians and don't even claim otherwise.
Yeah...Israel clearly showed its "surgical strikes" killing more than 275 children.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)