Israel attacks Lebanon (8 Viewers)

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
jenzipoo said:
israel gives more to the palestinian people than hamas does!!
Comparing apples with oranges. Maybe if Hamas was backed and funded by the US, they'd have a bit to give too... I would like to know, however, what exactly do they give? And for gawd's sake, dont say freedom.

jenzipoo said:
the "terrorist tactics" you describe include a recent dropping of flyers over gaza informing them of more attacks occuring and warning civilaisn to stay away from hamas known sites in RETALIATION to further rocket attacks on the negev and other parts of israel as well as the continual captivity of corporal gilad shalit..
Wow, that makes it so much better. I guess arsenists should notify the public about their targets before they lit. Rapists should give notice to their victims before they rape them. Murderers should tell their victims they have about 4 hours to live and then they'll be murdered. Because that way, they wont be put on trial, right? Also, how are you so sure that _all_ targets which have been bombed has been adequately notified before they went ahead? Maybe this is a specific example which cannot be extrapolated to the entire conflict?

And using the idea of notification, I doubt you would accept/tolerate suicide bombings who give "notice". They too wage "war" against Israel through this (well, they say so anyway), so I guess it's okay to kill innocent civilians, yea? Isn't that what you said, that "this is war, innocent civilians die in a war...". I am in no way justifying suicide bombings but just trying to illustrate the fact that your justification for this war is not much better than the suicide bombers, if not worse.

jenzipoo said:
America's outright support for this tiny country bullied by its dominant arab nations is continual
lol, Israel is being bullied now? When was it that they were bullied by the [non-existant] 'dominant' arab nations?

sasha0101 said:
the information shed by unworthy programs who present a one-sided and often incorrect/inconclusive version of the story such as BBC
How is the BBC incorrent/inconclusive? Proof/source please. And if its because they are taking on a different view to you on this conflict then you're an idiot.

sasha0101 said:
It is because of people like you that the world we live in is unsafe, people like you who are easily led to believe in bullshit
How does believing in bullshit have anything to do with making the world unsafe?

sasha0101 said:
Are you aware that israel has been giving money to the Palesinians?
Proof/Source...?

I'd pay you too if I took over your house and confined you to the dunny out the back.

sasha0101 said:
Israel could actually be self-sufficient without the help of the US.
Of course, now that US has basically built all the necessary infrastructure, who wouldnt be self-sufficient.

sasha0101 said:
Are you trying to tell me that the US is bribed by the Jews?That the US, the leading nation in our time is swayed in regards to HUGE political and social decisions by money?As much as you'd like to believe that life is one huge soap opera i fear that it is not the case.
Its not a case of bribing but rather an interest of power in the middle east. The US would like a bit of control over the world and the middle east was a key part of the world where they were lacking. Afghanistan, Iraq and now Lebanon (through Israel, the grateful allie) has resolved that. Not only have they done this, they have instilled fear in the western population of Syria and Iran, as seen in you, and guess what, they're the ones left. Otherwise, US has pretty much all of middle east in the bag. Just as the world is not a soap opera, the US arent saints. They know how to play their cards right. And I think its about time you open that eye of yours from the "war on terrorism".

turtleface

HSC
We should all be able to recognise that Hezbollah is a terrorist organisation. Yet the Lebanese government supports them to the point where Hezbollah representatives form part of the nation's Cabinet.
er...theres a political wing (the people in politics) and a military wing (the rocket firing terrorists). They are not the same, just like the IRA is not the same as Sinn Fein. Though SInn Fein is a political arm of the IRA, I doubt many would say they are terrorists like the IRA.
Edit: ok thats a bad example since they are a bit seperate now...but still...lol you get the point.

the "terrorist tactics" you describe include a recent dropping of flyers over gaza informing them of more attacks occuring and warning civilaisn to stay away from hamas known sites in RETALIATION to further rocket attacks on the negev and other parts of israel as well as the continual captivity of corporal gilad shalit..
Wow, that makes it so much better. I guess arsenists should notify the public about their targets before they lit. Rapists should give notice to their victims before they rape them. Murderers should tell their victims they have about 4 hours to live and then they'll be murdered. Because that way, they wont be put on trial, right? Also, how are you so sure that _all_ targets which have been bombed has been adequately notified before they went ahead? Maybe this is a specific example which cannot be extrapolated to the entire conflict?

And using the idea of notification, I doubt you would accept/tolerate suicide bombings who give "notice". They too wage "war" against Israel through this (well, they say so anyway), so I guess it's okay to kill innocent civilians, yea? Isn't that what you said, that "this is war, innocent civilians die in a war...". I am in no way justifying suicide bombings but just trying to illustrate the fact that your justification for this war is not much better than the suicide bombers, if not worse.
Exactly. Couldn't have put it better myself. Giving (alleged) notice that you're about to bomb a city isn't very useful. Where the hell are the millions of people supposed to run to??

Giving notice to a hospital that they're about to be bombed in a few hours...gee real useful. Thanks guys!!!

I remember Al-Sadr used to warn Iraqi's to stay away from certain areas his forces were about to attack. Yet the U.S. still labelled him as a terrorist.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
FOX news and ruppert murdock is a front for the bush admin- supporting BUSH in everything and criticizing him in nothing- it was attributed with bush's 2nd term in office-

fox viewers have a lower iq than viewers of other networks- i got that from a doco on fox but didnt get their source

much like how listeners to john laws and alan jones are pretty simple people too- i got that from our DPP Dr.nick chowdrey
IQ is lower? WTF? I have no idea how exactly you could get such a statistic, unless you measured viewership on a state-by-state basis and gave each say (1000) viewers in a state 1 of the state's average IQ's to the network.... but that has so many problems it'd just be silly.

Don't be so arrogant to think that no one of high-intelligence supports the bush administration, because they do. Don't be so arrogant to think that no one of high-intelligence watches Fox News, because they do. Don't be so arrogant to think that no one of high-intelligence listens to john laws / alan jones - because they do.

It's not always idiots vs enlightened geniuses, rational people have come to a view different from yours, their view has merit even if you think it does not and to ignore their view alot of studies suggest you will be worse off - http://www.randomhouse.com/features/wisdomofcrowds/ .

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8182204992793198984&q=lebanon

www.democracynow.org

Noam Chomsky has stated that, Israel abducted 2 palestinian civilians. The Palestinian kidnapping of the Israeli solder was in reply to this, and Israel heavily retaliated. Then Hezbolah responded to these attacks by kidnapping 2 Israeli soldiers, again Israel heavily retaliates. And then hezbolah fires rockets into Israel, in response to the Israeli attack.

This would mean the root of the conflict isnt hezbolah but Israel.

Last edited by a moderator:

snogfest

HSC
errr codredererer.... Hezbolah came out and said they had been planning their attack for 5 months... i cant see how they planned their attacks in retaliation to something that happened 4 and a half months after they decided to plan it...

bshoc

HSC
N/A
With any luck this conflict will escalate and we'll see carnage/mass population depletion between two peoples who both deserve to be despised equally for their crimes and depositions.

banco55

HSC
turtleface said:
er...theres a political wing (the people in politics) and a military wing (the rocket firing terrorists). They are not the same, just like the IRA is not the same as Sinn Fein. Though SInn Fein is a political arm of the IRA, I doubt many would say they are terrorists like the IRA.
Edit: ok thats a bad example since they are a bit seperate now...but still...lol you get the point.
Even during the bloodiest times in Northern Ireland noone seriously believed Sinn Fein and the IRA were in any way seperate. Gerry Adams was a top IRA official and so was Mcguiness after all.

ohh la la

HSC
Exphate said:
American leaders are influenced by the high economic power of many Jewish citizens.
the only thing american leaders are influenced by are their own arseholes.

R.G.

HSC
bshoc said:
With any luck this conflict will escalate and we'll see carnage/mass population depletion between two peoples who both deserve to be despised equally for their crimes and depositions.
Wow you sound so educated, really i think you should be prime minister.........not really i lied, i think you are probably a very horrible person who is capable of alot of damage to this world, i think u should go educate yourself sir.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
R.G. said:
Wow you sound so educated, really i think you should be prime minister.........not really i lied, i think you are probably a very horrible person who is capable of alot of damage to this world, i think u should go educate yourself sir.
I just HD'ed politics and economics, so there goes your education arguement, may I suggest "The Clash of Civilizations" by Samuel P. Huntington

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Oawhg man U HD'sdddd u must Be TEH poLitician MASTAR!!!
No, but it means im not "uneducated" as stated.

jenzipoo

HSC
bshoc said:
No, but it means im not "uneducated" as stated.
well your comment does...

to wish death and destruction is pathetic and its vile worms like you that are the root cause of such problems in our world...go get an education on the situtation then return

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
bshoc said:

LOL!

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
You can have a PHD and still not be educated enough to see how you are wrong.
There is no such thing as "right" or "wrong" in international politics, there are only views, goals and objectives - agreement and oppostion.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
There is no such thing as "right" or "wrong" in international politics, there are only views, goals and objectives - agreement and oppostion.
Currently you hold view X, if you got some education and came to the opposing view Y, you would say that you were wrong when you held view X.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
jenzipoo said:
to wish death and destruction is pathetic and its vile worms like you that are the root cause of such problems in our world...go get an education on the situtation then return
Which "part" of this long history am I lacking education in the most? The early activities of Phoenicians, the history of the land during the reign of the Israelite kings, or maybe something more modern, such as the 1975-1990 Lebanese civil war, although a bulk of it is actually more due to things such as the Sykes-Picot agreement and the like.

My views may seem extremist, but I support my side, and any weakening in Israel or the Islamic World is a posative development, given the sheer number of people in the European world who are willing to bend over, kiss ass and not lift a finger in protecting the very values which were fought for through so much bloodshed and carnage. Afterall one can only truly appreciate what they are if they hate what they are not.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Currently you hold view X, if you got some education and came to the opposing view Y, you would say that you were wrong when you held view X.
If my opinion changed, I would still not accord "right" and "wrong" upon international politics, thats just stupid.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
If my opinion changed, I would still not accord "right" and "wrong" upon international politics, thats just stupid.
Objectively, there is no right and wrong. Subjectively, there is. Subjectively, after holding view X, if you changed you view to opposing view Y - you would say X is wrong (by default because Y is the opposing view).

Geddityet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)