Israel - Bracing for impact (2 Viewers)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Madness? THIS IS LEBANONNNN!

JERUSALEM (AFP) — Israel is bracing for threatened retaliation by Hezbollah over charges it assassinated one of the Lebanese militia's top commanders, with fears running high of a high-profile attack abroad.

Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah declared "open war" on Israel in a fiery speech at the funeral in Beirut on Thursday of Imad Mughnieh, a shadowy figure on America's most wanted list who was killed in a Damascus car bombing.

Israel has denied any involvement in the assassination, but Nasrallah said that by killing Mughnieh, it had taken its battle with Hezbollah beyond Lebanon's borders and should therefore expect attacks anywhere.

"The big... question arising from the killing in Damascus is not whether Hezbollah will respond, but how and when," Israeli columnist Yossi Melman wrote in the Haaretz newspaper.
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jgMECITFD_DB0FsO6eA0pP0zk1Rw

tl;dr
Israel kills important Hezbollah cabinet members, Hezbollah retaliates, Israel blames Hezbollah - and kills civilians.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Lebanon is analagous to Sparta. Prove me wrong.

Israel sapped Imad Mugniyah's sentry. Never forget! may the soldier, engineer and family man live on within our hearts.
http://www.ism-france.org/news/images/mugniyah-2.jpg

According to his Lebanese passport application, Mughniyah was born in Tayr Dibba, a poor village in southern Lebanon. CIA South Group records state that he lived in Ayn Al-Dilbah; a ghetto in South Beirut.[7] His father was a vegetable seller and during the civil war, his house was on the Green Line.

Little is known about his adolescence, but he is thought to have joined Yasser Arafat's Force 17 in 1976. His role at that time was as a sniper, targeting Christians across the Green Line.[8] At some point, he studied engineering at the American University of Beirut.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
Lebanon is analagous to Sparta. Prove me wrong.
But the burden of proof is on you!

/kfunk

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Gay Captain said:
Umm Israel is more analogous to the Spartans :D
It's probably because you don't know exactly what's going on. You might know that in 2006, Israel launched an offensive on Lebanon. For various purposes, and although they had air superiority (American funding :mad1:) they failed miserably on the ground.

In 2,000 when Israel withdrawed from Lebanon, Nasrallah (the leader of Hezbollah) made a massive speach in a southern Lebanese town called "Bint Jbeil" (which means Daughters Mountain) The speech said "Israel is weaker than a spiders web".

Obviously Israel who prides itself in military victories like the 6-day war took offence. And so one of their goals in 2006 was to plant the Israeli flag in Bint Jbeil. They outnumbered Hezbollah, had the better weapons and Intelligence, and had more younger men.

BBC said:
But while Israeli commanders had expected Hezbollah resistance - one referred to the area as a "dangerous nest" - it appears guerrillas flocked to Bint Jbeil even as the shells flew in, preparing for the fight ahead.

When Israel's troops arrived in the town's compact, narrow streets, they quickly came under fire from all directions.

The ambush was fierce and deadly: small arms fire, rocket-propelled grenades, anti-tank missiles and mortar rounds, according to an Israeli major quoted by the New York Times.

Israel's troops quickly sustained serious casualties, and the nature of their mission changed.
Read more about it here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5221086.stm

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Woo you should all fight each other until you're all dead. Except it's funny because there's no God so people are dying needlessly. Woo. :)
But you see it's not about that. Do you accept that every country has a right to sovereignty? Every people have a right to dignity and respect? How would Australia react if another country killed a government official in our country?

boris

Banned
HSC
I see.

I can't wait till Israel lays the smackdown on Lebanon again, and then some fucktard half citizen dumbfucks get stuck in Lebanon and suddenly claim their Australian citizenship.

Fuck off, I don't want to hear about this shit until both countries are in one big steaming pile of rubble.

banco55

HSC
That guy was by any defintion terrorist scum. Good riddance. Syria shouldn't have been harbourin him.

Syria should also remember they are a third world country and they aren't up to fighting Israel.

banco55

HSC
boris said:
I see.

I can't wait till Israel lays the smackdown on Lebanon again, and then some fucktard half citizen dumbfucks get stuck in Lebanon and suddenly claim their Australian citizenship.

Fuck off, I don't want to hear about this shit until both countries are in one big steaming pile of rubble.
Agree. We should get rid of dual citizenship. People shouldn't be using their australian passport as an insurance policy.

bling05

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
IF THERE WAS NO ISRAEL NONE OF THIS WOULD BE HAPPENING!

freaking jews
You're either taking the piss, or you are completely fucked in the head.

boris

Banned
HSC
Maybe Lebanon should fuck off and keep its rogue militant groups at bay then.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
politik said:
I want Israel and Palestine to wipe each other off the map, and for the territory to be rezoned as a nature preserve.
Only Israel, leave Palestine alone ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)