• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel preparing strike against Iran (1 Viewer)

Jessica14

HSC
Is it at all possible for rational diplomacy to resume? Sometime.... soon-ish, maybe?

It's seems that everybody has so far picked a side. Each and every post has some sort of undercurrent of being either anti-Israeli or anti-Iranian. Where are the fence-sitters that are hoping for a peaceful resolution? Maybe I live alone in lollypop land.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Jessica14 said:
Is it at all possible for rational diplomacy to resume? Sometime.... soon-ish, maybe?
No chance, unfortunately.

Violence has ruled and will continue to do so, whilst some of those in this thread continue to be blinkered.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
blue_chameleon said:
No chance, unfortunately.

Violence has ruled and will continue to do so, whilst some of those in this thread continue to be blinkered.
Oh yeah, great fucking conclusion, mate. Totally disregard all the progress towards peace that has been made in the past 50 years not just in the Middle East, but worldwide, and then conclude that violence will always reign supreme because even though there's less of it today, it still exists. :rolleyes:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
An Israeli strike against Iran would result in saving thousands (probably hundreds of thousands) of innocent lives.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
An Israeli strike against Iran would result in saving thousands (probably hundreds of thousands) of innocent lives.
What's the catch?

zstar

HSC
N/A
Israel with all its nukes is afraid of Iran's nuclear program.

charbler

Banned
HSC
zstar said:
Israel with all its nukes is afraid of Iran's nuclear program.
Why shouldn't they? It would only take the press of a button for their 7mil population to be wiped out. They wouldn't be afraid of an invasion because their military is clearly superior, but a nuke is a different story.

blue_chameleon

HSC
Trefoil said:
Oh yeah, great fucking conclusion, mate. Totally disregard all the progress towards peace that has been made in the past 50 years not just in the Middle East, but worldwide, and then conclude that violence will always reign supreme because even though there's less of it today, it still exists. :rolleyes:
Wtf are you going on about?

What world are you living in? I sir, am a realist.

rasengan90

HSC
JaredR said:
What's the catch?
I think he is just being as asshole again. In his own little world an Israeli strike will bring about its destruction and thus the end of the Zionist state. Pretty sure the innocents he is referring to are the Arabs.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
blue_chameleon said:
Wtf are you going on about?

What world are you living in? I sir, am a realist.
I'm living in a world where violence is pretty rare compared to 100 or even 50 years ago. A world where there's very little indication that trend will change any time soon.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I'm living in a world where nucklear weapons are sought by Iranians who have threatened to annihilate Israel. A world where there's various indications that this is a serious threat.

blue_chameleon

HSC
Trefoil said:
I'm living in a world where violence is pretty rare compared to 100 or even 50 years ago. A world where there's very little indication that trend will change any time soon.
Very little indication? Rare?

Yes. Yes indeed.

Wholeheartedly.

boris

Banned
HSC
Trefoil said:
Come on mate, rare in most western countries. But you cant honestly think violence is any rarer these days.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The consequences of large, traditional violence have been tempered since the bomb, but that's not to say that we have any less violent instincts. The indefinite combination of human infallibility and nuclear weapons will inevitably lead to the destruction of nations

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
A world where there's various indications that this is a serious threat.
Hmmm. Of this I'm not too sure, respected moderator Iron. There looks to be very little evidence (at least that I can remember) that Iran is anywhere near producing nuclear weapons. While I agree that Iran obtaining the bomb is a very real and dangerous threat, I feel that any action against Iran should be taken only after fairly solid evidence surfaces.

Of course, brother Israel may have information that mere mortals like you and I don't have. Or I may be forgetting something. Yes indeed.

boris

Banned
HSC
John Oliver said:
Dial the dial back 100 years and every tinpot jiggaboo on every corner of the planet was killing other tinpot idiots for the lulz.

There is a decrease, although we're now more efficient at killing people.
I dunno, there are a lot of shit countries like somalia etc fighting these days

Edit: obviously i have zero proof but my opinion is usually over9000 more relevant than they usual retards on here

Last edited:

impervious182

HSC
John Oliver said:
They can enrich uranium already for power usage. It's trivial to retool that for enriched U 235 BABY
They've got something like 53 centrifuges and nowhere near the capabilities of creating enriched uranium of the standard needed for a nuclear weapon. They are rapidly expanding, however even America don't predict that they will be able to create a nuclear weapon for quite a while. (around a decade if my memory isn't shaky, which it probably is.)

impervious182

HSC
John Oliver said:
Dial the dial back 100 years and every tinpot jiggaboo on every corner of the planet was killing other tinpot idiots for the lulz.

There is a decrease, although we're now more efficient at killing people.
In the last 100 years we've had much bloodshed.

Cambodian genocide under the Khmer Rouge,
Armenian genocide
Genocide under Stalin
Genocide under Mao

Crisis in Darfur/Somalia
Crisis in Zimbabwe
Situation in Iraq and the Iraq/Iran wars as well as the Gulf Wars

Starvation in North Korea and also Iran

All the other conflicts in the Middle East

Korean War
First, second and third indochina wars.
First and Second World Wars

And more...

It's true though, that just recently this violence has curbed on a global scale, but internal conflicts still occur. It's the UN's inability to address internal conflicts, because it would conflict with their mandate, which is allowing them to go on... as well as a lack of will of member states to act.

Particularly because India and China are overtaking the old US power... which is very very worrying. They have never had a will to act and China has done everything within its power to help rogue states and undermine the goals of the UN, as an oppressive non-democratic regime, it is in their interests to do this.

We're going to see a world of war in the near future, I think. China does not have the will to act and has never really sought peace. It was too afraid to launch any kind of expansionist policy in the time of US heregemy, but no doubt this will change... unless huge reform occurs within China and free-press etc. is allowed; which isn't going to happen.

The Chinese government has proven time and time again, to be a government without ethics and a government not working towards global stability.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)