• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel tells United States to mind its own beeswax (3 Viewers)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Yet another demonstration of your complete lack of knowledge. The occupied territories under international law do not refer to those conquered by Israel since the partition plan. They refer to Gaza (conquered from Egypt in 1967) and the West Bank (conquered from Jordan in 1967). The relevant map is the "1949-1967" map in "Stage 3" of your bogus piece of propaganda posted above.
I should have picked it up earlier. Bad troll is bad.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
JonathanM said:
That's highly romantic. America or not, the U.N is a powerless organisation and it's "international law" has no power over Israel. Israel, Saudi Arabia and Jordan are the only 'Western' powers in the Middle East and of them, Israel is the only truly reliable ally of the countries which the U.N would need to aid in 'prosecuting' Israel. The Western world needs Israel as an 'outpost,' so to speak.
Why, exactly? To prevent hatred, terrorism, to use as a base in wars instead of Kuwait?

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
what the fuck are you on about?
Oh ffs don't make me go through all of it.

I'm saying that Israel is a form of 'outpost' for the Western world. The reasons for this (not that I need to provide reasons, it's self evident from the staunch support they get from many countries despite contrary public opinion in most of these countries) are:

a) all that ideological shit, not that it matters. Israel being a democracy, even if you think its a shit democracy which it probably is, it's still ahead of all the other barbaric countries surrounding it who are still trying to work out how nooses and fags don't go together.

b) terrorists. enemy of the western world. enemy of Israel. The enemy of my enemy is my friend shit etc.

c) oil. We've got Kuwait, name another reliable, safe Western 'base' in the middle of that oil paradise. You can name a few? Bravo. Israel is one of them. Fin. Not only is Israel one of them, Israel isn't just sucking up to America because of the money and power (although it is the biggest reason, granted). But take away America's power and all the other Arab countries have no reason to like America. Israel on the other hand has interests there. A huge, influential Jewish community which supports them, a large portion of its population who have emigrated from America and still hold some loyalty towards it. This American portion of the Israeli population also hold powerful positions in Israel. And similar values.

d) my biggest point of the four - nukes. Iran. Good? Bad? No matter. Iran have nuke soon. Iran friend with terrorist. Terrorist may get nuke. Terrorist hate freedom. Nuke kill lots of people. Is bad. Israel can haz get rid of nuke. Israel good.

Garygaz

HSC
The only thing I miss about Bush was his hard-line stance on Iran. He would have had no qualms with sending a shit-storm of nukes from orbit into Iran if they threatened the U.S.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
The only thing I miss about Bush was his hard-line stance on Iran. He would have had no qualms with sending a shit-storm of nukes from orbit into Iran if they threatened the U.S.
President Obama makes US popular in Europe again, Pew poll says - Times Online

My favorite bloggers take on this:

Well yeah, of course. Falling economy, rising unemployment, deceitful Left-wing politicians running the show—and record deficits—while seizing private businesses, intimidating their shareholders into silence and submission, and devising ever more audacious taxpayer money-grabbing schemes compared to which Bernie's Ponzi' looks like amateur night: now, thank to Obama, my Eurofellow-citizens can truly identify with America.

And no, it has nothing to do with a sudden, renewed Gallic love for the U.S. of A.—Make no mistake, the French are as anti-American as ever. Bush gave them a fierce, proud and powerful America, and they hate him for that. Obama is the agent of a declining one and even, perhaps, the artisan of her demise.
The man makes a good point.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Obama's too much of a terrorist sympathiser. Secular, free state of Israel versus terrorist controlled dirt-farming palestinians? I know which side I'm on. (Hint, it's the one that doesn't crucify people).

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
JonathanM said:
a) all that ideological shit, not that it matters. Israel being a democracy, even if you think its a shit democracy which it probably is, it's still ahead of all the other barbaric countries surrounding it who are still trying to work out how nooses and fags don't go together.
I think that being a democracy doesn't matter for the US, mang. Not saying that Israel isn't their ally - simply that it's not needed any more. And that was my original thesis. If you can get a stable dictatorship on your side then all is happy and good - hello Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, etc. Israel's not really needed at all, with those two US happy nations sitting there with all their might and oil.

c) oil. We've got Kuwait, name another reliable, safe Western 'base' in the middle of that oil paradise. You can name a few? Bravo. Israel is one of them. Fin. Not only is Israel one of them, Israel isn't just sucking up to America because of the money and power (although it is the biggest reason, granted). But take away America's power and all the other Arab countries have no reason to like America. Israel on the other hand has interests there. A huge, influential Jewish community which supports them, a large portion of its population who have emigrated from America and still hold some loyalty towards it. This American portion of the Israeli population also hold powerful positions in Israel. And similar values.
Israel's oil reserves are dogshit you insane moron fuck. They import. If that wasn't your point then you're regurgitating the steaming pile of manure you were originally spouting about Israel being the only stable ally in the region or some shit.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
We should definetely go out sometime.

First point conceded.

Your second: I know Israel has no oil. I'm talking about it as more of a base for conducting operations against countries like Iraq and Iran who do have oil. At the moment Israel imports all it's oil, but it's starting, at a scary pace, to become oil independent (they've clearly seen either a formidable oil embargo to come in the future or us running out very soon). They've pledged to become 'electric' and this is probably viable with their nuclear power plants.

My other two points stand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)