IT Online Quiz Group (1 Viewer)

konggo

HSC
as the creator of this post i would like to wish u all ppl who are cramming for IT good luck!! But remember as long as u know the basics on how to mail merge/use word/database/spreadsheets/surf the net/play with html/play with networks/play with the dos of a pc/play with windows/use linking and embeding and how to rite memos/letters/faxes/reprts/policy precedues u should be ok..

joke na study hard and remember this is the last exam for all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

ok now lets all hold hands and group hug group hug GROUP HUG

Last edited:

CrashOveride

HSC
dont say good luck now...we still got like at least 6 hours cramming tonight and 4 hours tomorrow morning :D

heres a quick multiple choice:

You arrive at work to find water leaking from the roof on to a desk with computer workstations near by. You should:

A) turn the workstations off and notify computer staff immediately
b) erect a barrier around the area before notifying management
c) clean up the wet areas and check to see if the workstations have been damaged
d) assess the safety of the affected area and take action to control the hazard

from some trial in 2001, i originally have here circled d) but i was thinking kind of more a). Because its not leaking onto them, just near by so its ok for employee to just turn the computers off and contact IT support hmm ?

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
CrashOveride said:
from some trial in 2001, i originally have here circled d) but i was thinking kind of more a). Because its not leaking onto them, just near by so its ok for employee to just turn the computers off and contact IT support hmm ?
Hmm D seems so vague but A) seems the right answer. A is just a more specific way of saying it, and then you've also informed the supervisor or whoever is above you, so you've assessed the hazard and taken appropriate action?

CrashOveride

HSC
Here's our friend delimited again:

A file contains a tab delimited list of the names and addresses of all company employees. To generate a list of employees sorted alphabetically by the suburb they live in and then by surname you would:

a) import the data into a spreadsheet application and carry out the appropriate sort
b) open the file in a word processor and rearrange the data into the required order
c) write a computer program which would accept the file and carry out the neccessary processing
d) import the data into a database application and search for the employees living in a specific area

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
A subdivision of a record which contains a specified piece of data, eg DATE, NAME etc etc.

Each Field has a certain data type eg date, number, text

And has a set field size eg 25 characters

Crashoverride: D?

Last edited:

lexii

infirmus said:
Identify the characteristics of a field in a database?

Thats got me...
Field Type (Text, Boolean, Date/Time etc.)
Field Length
Required to be filled in, or not required

i'm sure there might be more but i can't think of any atm.

CrashOveride

HSC
thats enough to get u into high range response

stoy: hmm i also thought D but then again it doesnt seem specific enough when the question wants u to do specific things like sort alphabetically by the suburb AND then by surname...D just talks about searching for employees in a suburb.....hmm but A is also general as well... people can buzz in now

konggo

HSC
im thinking d for that one i mean its sound the most correct and the one about the water would u turn your pc off i mean if all your plusg are running across the gound A sound the best

infirmus

Thanks for the clarification on that...

Crash: Im voting A, delimited files open as spreadsheets with no formatting in spreadsheet programs, then sort by surname, then by suburb.

Also forgot to mention before .csv (comma seperated values) is a very common comma delimited text file extension.

Last edited:

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
i remember i had to do that to import my hotmail list into gmail :D save it as a .csv

CrashOveride

HSC
ok with the water one, see, because of OH&S issues it might be "dangerous" to appraoch the area and i get the feeling that for that one d) assessing the safety... sounds more right because ur first making sure if its ok to be near there and then u take action to control the hazard...which is also the kind of jargon associated with OH&S etc. etc. ??

For the question about the tab delimited list, i think d) is way too general as well as a) when the question mentioned some specific stuff?? i mean, at first glance clearly b) and c) are wrong but the more i think of the specifics the more right they seem ?? :D

konggo

HSC
ah!!! i did the gmail thing to that reminds me who want invites into gmail(one gig of data) just email me..konggo@gmail.com...anyway where was i yeah but g asses the situation might be to late esp if the floors slipery and water conduct electricaly the best thing would be turing the power off saftey then talk to your supervisor

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
ok why is GIF a suitable format for a black and white cartoon?

GIF uses smaller color pallete, and thus means it takes up less room than jpeg. While jpeg is suitable for photographs, simple drawings such as a black and white cartoon do not require such a big color pallete. The resulting smaller file size makes it suitable for transfer over the internet, and is commonly supported by most web browsers, ensuring that the user can view the image.

Is that alright or is it dodgy? 2 mark Q

Prerna

hey just reading over notes form hsc online..and was wondering is there a difference between
DIFFERENTIAL BACKUP:
INCRIMENTAL BACKUP:
because they seem the same to me as they both back up changed files????

konggo

HSC
huh is that the photo question in a hsc paper??

if it is gif s btter for coulour because it has the best graphics dealing with 256 jpeg is crap!! its compresses to 5% of origainl size and looses most detail..

ope thats enough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)