Job at the reject shop? (1 Viewer)

brookie94

HSC
Hi
I am almost 15 and have been wanting a job for sometime. the only place that said they had vacancies were the reject shop. the man said he had just hired 5 and he needed another 3 so could i bring my resume asap. when i took it he said they would be calling people for interviews next weeek (this week). does this sound like a casual or christmas casual position? is it a good place to work? what is the pay for a 14/15 year old? what are the interviews like

thanks in advance :)

HSC
Smaller companies such as the reject shop tend not to do fixed-term christmas casual positions, so you might be being hired 'for christmas' but it would be an ongoing position.

A friend of mine used to work there. She said its great short term, but you get bored really quickly as there is not much opportunity to learn and develop. I dont think the pay was that great either.

BUT - experience is experience. Even if you work there three months and find another job, you've still got three months retail experience. There will be so many people going for other casual jobs that won't have any experience.

So good luck, hope you get an interview.

brookie94

HSC
Smaller companies such as the reject shop tend not to do fixed-term christmas casual positions, so you might be being hired 'for christmas' but it would be an ongoing position.

A friend of mine used to work there. She said its great short term, but you get bored really quickly as there is not much opportunity to learn and develop. I dont think the pay was that great either.

BUT - experience is experience. Even if you work there three months and find another job, you've still got three months retail experience. There will be so many people going for other casual jobs that won't have any experience.

So good luck, hope you get an interview.
Thankyou for the info. I was thinking stay a year or so or just see how I go. One of my friends works at maccas and from what I can tell I would be getting about the same and I'm a year younger :)
thankyou also for you best wishes

hayleyharlequin

, psychotic synchypnotic
HSC
I've worked at the reject shop for over a year now. i was hired around the end of july/beginning of august as an christmas casual, however the manager at the time said i'd would basically be sticking around after christmas. i know for casuals, the rates are higher. i'm eighteen now, so on a normal shift i get about $15 an hour and $17 on sundays. whilst it can get boring at the times, the pay is really good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)