Jobs other than retail/food sector for a HSC graduate? (1 Viewer)

tau281290

HSC
How come all the students are working in retails like supermarket checkouts, or food industries like KFC, mcdonalds.

Can anyone name any types of jobs that are not directly related to retail or food industries for a HSC graduate? Probably like call centre or office admin. But are there anything else?

thx

Last edited:

Suic1de

Banned
HSC
Your too picky.

Grow up and get a job instead of using that pickyness as an excuse to slob at home all day.

l2mod also.

Raix

HSC
The best places to work for students are those kinds of jobs. The hours are more flexible and it gives you experience. It's just a good way to get started. You have to work from the bottom up. So yeah, don't be picky, cause really you can't.

Kiim2507

HSC
My friend is working as an office assistant 1 or 2 days a week.
Movies (is that considered retail?)
Or tutoring for an HSC subject or a musical instrument.

But yeah don't be picky, expecially now. There are hardly any jobs so just take what you can get.

akrinis

HSC
Fast Food is a terrible job. Please don't go for it...

It'll ensure no new trainees are taking all my shifts away.. LOL I'm a workaholic, and I love my workplace to bits..

In all honesty though, right now with the job market as it is, you can't choose to be picy with what jobs you get. Even Fast Food Franchises like McDonalds are cutting back on labour just to save money.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I work in promotions as well as retail, and a lot of students tend to also. I mainly do commercial stuff like handing out leaflets and samples, spruiking, sales and events hosting, but others can do alcohol promotions, automotive grid girl stuff, public speaking, promo modelling (like posing for photos at events and talking about your product) and stuff like that.

I've also had friends who work as casual receptionists at real estates and some other mates who work as kennel hands on the weekend.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)