JulioClaudians (1 Viewer)

Paroissien

HSC
Yeah, I focused on Claudius.
But what happened to the fact that there would be one question on the Augustan period and one on the Julio-Claudian period, ie. the other emperors?

Ava

HSC
Come to think of it...I dont think I have enough time to study for augustus and Julio-claudians AND greece....I mean, I havent done any other study for other subjects yet so...

Maybe I should just write some essays on Augustus and take a risk? I think I'll need to spend more time on greece anyway....but it just seems so scary~

Magister

HSC
N/A
Julio-Claudians

If you want to be well prepared, I suggest you cover Claudius, mainly because he was rather different in many ways to his predecessors in his intellect, a great administrator, develop and refinement of the Civil Service, was less idiotic and disabled than has been believed, and on the other side of the coin, was constantly cuckolded by his later wives and duped by his secretaries/advisors (Pallas and Narcissus especially). Also examine his relationship witn the freedmen.

I am posting a useful website which covers some of the above-and don't forget Tacitus and Seutonius!!

Magister

Paroissien

HSC
The awesome thing is I did an assignment on him, so I know quite a lot about him. It also helps out for Agrippina topic

R

randhi

oh no!!! Claudius is the only one i didn't want to do.....bugger

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
One thing i have to say is that no matter how much notes you do - there is always more that you could have done....so just look at the most easiest topic
and remember there is 4 questions that you have to choose from - so play to your strengths

however, it is unlikely that some of the questions will just be on Augustus, or just on Nero
possible, but unlikely.

take a look at the past HSC questions for this topic and you can see what i mean.
although when you do look at it thematically - you will always find more to talk about Augustus.....in the end just play to your strengths

Paroissien

HSC
launcher169 said:
however, it is unlikely that some of the questions will just be on Augustus, or just on Nero
possible, but unlikely.
Have you actually looked at the past HSC papers. Question 42 there has been one question just on Augustus every year (2001, 2002 and 2003)
What are you talking about?

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
Paroissien said:
Have you actually looked at the past HSC papers. Question 42 there has been one question just on Augustus every year (2001, 2002 and 2003)
What are you talking about?
look, i know that....but you cannot really expect that trend to continue?

i mean if you also took a look things Thematically
i.e. Senate, Administration, Praetorian Guard etc..
you can look at more things and when a question just on Augustus arises
if it does....you can put much more detail into your answers and also cover the other emperors in the process whereby covering yourself if a question on Augustus doesnt show up

and whats the point of studying this topic if you just look at Augustus?

Paroissien

HSC
Sure we can expect that trend to continue. I challenge anyone to disprove that.

R

randhi

i don't think anyone can prove it until we see the paper, theres always an exception to every rule. Yes there has been the exact same question for many of the question in the Aug & JCs, and i think we can expect another one just like it but reworded maybe but then again they might decide to change it and not have another general consolidating power question on Aug or the other emperors, like that princep question they had in 2002 and 2003. i'm not learning Nero and Gaius, they've never had a question on Gaius anyhow so thats safe but i think Tib might come up because they've had Claudius three years in a running... thats my bet my anyhow. but i know one thing u can't learn this whole topic thoroughly!!! well not in the time space that we were given to know it

Last edited by a moderator:

Magister

HSC
N/A
Claudius

This thread is really takin off!!

As previously mentioned, here are some notes on good old Clau-Clau-Claudius, bless him!

Magister

R

randhi

wow!! thats so summaried, my notes for each emperor is averaging 9 pages... thank you so much magister!!!!

Ava

HSC
Ahhh thank you sooo much Magister and SmokedSalmon! I had only gotten Augustus and abit of Tiberius done till now and I've never even touched Praetorian guards before....what luuuuck!

Magister

HSC
N/A
Juliolaudians

For those doing Tiberius, here is a commentary on the treason trials. Hope they are of some use.
Magister

R

randhi

Thanks Magister!!! your notes have been helpful well they are going to be now because i've only got two left!! ancient and ext his!! nearly over. Good luck guys, i wish you all the best for the last couple of tests!!

Tredanse

HSC
I haven't done any summaries. My study for the entire year involves four days of cramming by reading and rereading my own notes, my study guide summaries, and Bossers' notes.

*curls up and whimpers* Gonna fail.. gonna fail...

olay

HSC
*hugs* hang in there tredanse, the hell will be over soon and it won't mean much this time next yr. just as long as stuf is sinking in through ur cramming, you'll be fine.

guys, do u think it's safe to skimp over germanicus and agrippa postumus + all those other smaller figures?

R

randhi

Its really not that hard to learn, i mean i don't they are even going to ask on anything on them anyway but i guess your general take on them should be enough for the test!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)