Juno (1 Viewer)

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
ooooohh that is a nice interpretation (re: exterior vs interior)! because there is definitely a vast difference between the punk and the twee. :uhhuh:
everything music-related in the film made me orgasm, though. so much good music mentioned/played in one film, i could die.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I don't know if people have noticed the increasingly obscure and hilarious theme warning things for movies these days.

"Teenage pregnancy themes" is now a warning. Like supernatural themes, or coarse language. I lol'd.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
scarybunny said:
I don't know if people have noticed the increasingly obscure and hilarious theme warning things for movies these days.

"Teenage pregnancy themes" is now a warning. Like supernatural themes, or coarse language. I lol'd.
Ha! I didn't even pick up on that...

I liked the movie, but I think i might have to watch it again. I didn't get alot out of it, as it didn't seem to deal with Juno's actual feelings about being pregnant to her best friend. And it didn't go into their relationship/history much. I think it ended up being a story about the adoptive parents with Juno herself being sidelined.
Maybe I'm just annoyed that everyone was so accepting of her being pregnant at 16. She copped no flack except the kids at school staring at her. Big woop.

The music was OK, but I feel like they could have used a bit more variety, and I did like the adoptive parents characters and the neat little twist where they both got to be 'humanised' toward the end.

HSC
the end fucking killed me, you know where she's in bed crying and that cat power song is playing and then the dude comes and climbs into bed next to her .. dude :(

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
katietheskatie said:
the end fucking killed me, you know where she's in bed crying and that cat power song is playing and then the dude comes and climbs into bed next to her .. dude :(
same! i cried sooooo much at the end of the film. it was so sweet. and all the stuff about true love made me shed a tear, too.

argh, i just loved the movie so much. it kind of made me want to be pregnant

in3rtia

HSC
Saw this the other day and I loved it, I lol'd a lot and when I wasn't laughing I was smiling. Although I felt awkward because I was the only male in room (about 20 people were seeing it)

magickmidget

HSC
N/A
It wasn't as good as I thought it would be. In fact, I think it's starting to get a touch overrated for being 'artistic' and/or 'funny' on a pretty bleak topic.

The soundtrack on the other hand was great. Another one for the collection.

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
I love this film. I love Juno.
its great because it was supported by the cast and dialogue and not a building/car/person being blown up.
youtube ellen page and check out her interview with david letterman, she seems like a person who is not a complete retard... yay!

also,
chelsea girl said:
argh, i just loved the movie so much. it kind of made me want to be pregnant
lol

ConjOB

HSC
Cringe-worthy name dropping and irritating characters made me give up half way through.

1/5

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
I might watch it tomorrow after school :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)