• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Just a 'B'??? (13/20)WTF!!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
I completed our ancient history task (quite well I believe) and only got 13/20 (B). Our teacher didn't mark it and gave us 'general feedback' like it was too short and spelling was poor, irrelevant to mine as I am very apt at spelling and checked it a fair bit. There was only one small thing which I didn't fully cover (can't remember it but, yeah...). Mine was no where near worst in the class but I believe I should have got at least 16(B) to 17(A). I don't want to complain because I don't really care about AH.

P.S. One douche-bag didn't even do his assignment and in other classes, why don't people like that fuck off and get an apprenticeship, or dig a hole and plant themselves?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
If you don't really care - why did you care to make a thread? :p

Are you sure you followed the criteria? For questions such as 'evaluate', 'assess', 'contrast' etc - are you sure you answered the questions?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Have you taken this issue up with your teacher?

law

HSC
N/A
Why don't people like that fuck off and get an apprenticeship, or dig a hole and plant themselves

I totally agree!

Anyway, in relation to your mark, I wouldn't worry too much. It seems as though a lot of people did worse than you and besides last year I attempted to have my work remarked by another teacher and I ended up with both teachers blowing me up! Something about losing faith in your teacher and undermining authority.

If you go against your anicent teacher or you don't accept their mark, you'll make an enemy and possibly be given terrible marks all year (it sounds immature but let's think. Teacher's are surrounded by students at least half their age so they can be very childish at times).

Look at the weighting and if it is high you seem not too phased by AH so just focus on your other subjects.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Phoenix Fury said:
I completed our ancient history task (quite well I believe) and only got 13/20 (B). Our teacher didn't mark it and gave us 'general feedback' like it was too short and spelling was poor, irrelevant to mine as I am very apt at spelling and checked it a fair bit. There was only one small thing which I didn't fully cover (can't remember it but, yeah...). Mine was no where near worst in the class but I believe I should have got at least 16(B) to 17(A). I don't want to complain because I don't really care about AH.

P.S. One douche-bag didn't even do his assignment and in other classes, why don't people like that fuck off and get an apprenticeship, or dig a hole and plant themselves?
You can always put that issue to the teacher about marking. She/he will gladly fix whatever you got if you deserve a higher mark. You won't lose mark from it anyway.

P.S. It is a sad reality that people don't seem to care about school work and interrupt others' educations. However, that is something that we have to ignore and try not to be affected by. Hopefully teachers can help them realise how important year 11 & 12 are and lead them to right direction. Even you can assist those kids.

ccc123

HSC
Phoenix Fury said:

If you are concerned with your mark, or convinced you deserved a higher mark, consult your teacher.

/END THREAD.

Last edited:

huhwotsthis

HSC
I completed my English essay and only got like 11/20. I spent about 20 hours on it.:(

ccc123

HSC
huhwotsthis said:
I completed my English essay and only got like 11/20. I spent about 20 hours on it.:(
If you don;t know where you went wrong, talk to your English teacher, or PM it to me.

Alsos Sometimes you can work TOO hard on a essay.

boris

Banned
HSC
oh man, go and write a fucking blog about it or take it up with the teacher

whinging idiot

huhwotsthis

HSC
Yeah, it wasn't detailed enough, it's just like...spent 20 hours for nothing lol.

law

HSC
N/A
Personally, I think it's fine to have a whinge. Just be careful not to offend the teacher. I mean, you have a right to know where you went wrong.

I don't think you should be called a "whinging idiot" just because you're upset with your mark. ALL IT MEANS IS THAT YOU ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT YOUR HSC!!!

HSC
yeah, that reminds me of my first assessment for ancient history, which was a speech. i recorded my voice to a powerpoint and she wrote 'it would have been nice to see you up there presenting it' when a friend and i had both clarified that was okay... we asked for a more detailed explanation of what we did wrong but she hasn't got back to us yet. but my mark wasn't bad to begin with so i guess it's alright, would have been nice to see what i could improve though...

law

HSC
N/A
Other than the time I got blown up for going against my teacher's mark in year 11, there was this time I got this crappy mark in English and the teacher knew how annoyed I'd be so he said he'd discuss the mark. I asked him about it... he got seriously annoyed... never heard from him since.

VanthraX

HSC
I think you should consider yourself lucky for getting a 'b' 13/20 isn't much, you're probably lucky they were as lenient as they were

VanthraX

HSC
well i'm actually in phoenix' class and 13 is 1 mark off a C so he's lucky, if the teacher had a grudge or something i'm sure he could've dropped it 1 mark

law

HSC
N/A
Or the teacher is a cow that could've given him the 16 he feels he deserves.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Instead of reflecting on why you think you should have gotten higher, focus why on you think you got the mark that you did.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)