just about the results (1 Viewer)

allstarr69

hey can we just punch in the results we get on the 17th dec into sam and basically know our uai on that day?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
It will be the best estimate you can get until the statistics are released.

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
wait im confused, so the aligned marks get released tomrrow and the scaled uai gets released on saturday?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
zhongie said:
What's the usual margin of error for SAM?
Lazarus once said an error margin of ~0.3 either way is sufficient for most people buts its never guaranteed...

Acid

HSC
I'm not sure how accurate it is... I put my actual results into SAM, the ones that I got early, where I got two band 5s (89 for both) and the rest band 6's... When I moved those 89's to 90 just to see what I would get if I was an all-rounder, my UAI only moved up by 0.25. Surely an allrounder would get higher....

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
= Jennifer = said:
would sam be updated according to our statistics for the 05ers?
Yes - the statistics should be released with UAIs on Saturday.

I'll endeavour to update SAM with 2004 results as soon as possible.

zhongie said:
What's the usual margin of error for SAM?
Sarah168 is correct, we usually cite the error margin as ~0.3. But this is with regard to calculations of past UAIs - SAM wasn't designed to predict UAIs (and it's impossible to do so).

The UAIs that you would have received in previous years are nevertheless still the best indicators of what you will receive this year.

Acid said:
When I moved those 89's to 90 just to see what I would get if I was an all-rounder, my UAI only moved up by 0.25. Surely an allrounder would get higher....
Being an 'all rounder' doesn't give you any kind of bonus - in fact there is little or no difference between a student who scores 89 in all courses and a student who scores 90 in all courses. The Board and the media just generate a lot of hype about the latter.

You're only adding one mark in each case. How much would you expect your state ranking to increase?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Acid said:
I'm not sure how accurate it is... I put my actual results into SAM, the ones that I got early, where I got two band 5s (89 for both) and the rest band 6's... When I moved those 89's to 90 just to see what I would get if I was an all-rounder, my UAI only moved up by 0.25. Surely an allrounder would get higher....
Depends on what subjects, you could feasibly get an all rounder doing general maths, senior science etc and their UAI wouldn't be exorbidantly high

persephone

HSC
i don't think i'll punch my results into sam. i might get too hopeful or too depressed...i can't stand such a change in mood so quickly especially tomorrow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)