Just received UAC offer letter early in the post today!!!!! (1 Viewer)

portiaskye

HSC
offers came in the mail already?

so, i just got my offer in the mail? arn't they not meant to come til tomorrow?

moc2009

HSC
N/A
Re: offers came in the mail already?

Maybe it depends where you live.

I got my offer in the mail today also, I’m in the CBD. On the envelope you can see that it was posted yesterday.

danz90

HSC

I think what's happened is, that UAC probably instructed Aust Post to make sure they arrive tomorrow, but maybe by mistake, Aust Post delivered them to some Postcodes today. Probably the mistake of mail sorters..

peter2

Banned
HSC

I didn't receive a letter when i live in Bella Vista so I think it might just be the CBD area.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Yeh i just got one too... uSyd for commerce. I am NRSL and transferring though, dunno if that made any difference.

Don't know if I really wanted uSyd though - i heard it doesn't have the best rep for commerce?

peter2

Banned
HSC
Well was it your first preference? If not, what was your first preference. Also what was your uai and gpa as a nrsl???

peter2

Banned
HSC
Really. What did you want to do at Mac and what is your current course your doing??? I am absolutately amazed you didnt get into MAC Uni.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Woo, got my letter today :D Got my first preference :)

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
something went wrong there coz mac commerce is only 84 or so uai and still has vacancies i think

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Currently Commerce at UWS.

I only wanted to do commerce at Mac too, I am stunned that that got rejected with a cut-off of 84ish in 08 but the mid-90's one of uSyd got accepted. I double checked my prefs too to check i wasn't dreaming.

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A

I only wanted to do commerce at Mac too, I am stunned that that got rejected with a cut-off of 84ish in 08 but the mid-90's one of uSyd got accepted. I double checked my prefs too to check i wasn't dreaming.

dont worry usyd is MUCH better rated than MQ.

peter2

Banned
HSC

Man, DW I go to MAC uni studying commerce/law and it is honestly a shit hole. I honestly reckon that you should not feel down and just accept the commerce at usyd and study there. It also has a way better rep anyways plus wayy easier for you to get better grades. So dw about it man. Congrats also for your offer.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Thanks man, worst case scenario i accept and put Mac back as first pref and try in the late round.

I liked Mac because it had the most generous advanced standing - they would have waivered everything for me. uSyd i didn't even check to be honest... lets hope they are generous too.

HSC
i got my letter too! got first pref bEd(sec: humanities & social sciences)/bA at usyd! yay

Last edited:

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
Thanks man, worst case scenario i accept and put Mac back as first pref and try in the late round.

I liked Mac because it had the most generous advanced standing - they would have waivered everything for me. uSyd i didn't even check to be honest... lets hope they are generous too.

commerce is so flexible i cant see why u still cant finish in 3 years.

peter2

Banned
HSC
DW, just like the previous post before me, commerce is very broad and i am sure USYD will exempt you for most of it hopefully. Just choose the major that will exempt you for more. But honestly if I was in your position, I would definately prefer USYD commerce than MAC commerce. I don't know why it is sooo over rated. Honestly, just be happy that you got into USYD.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I'm transferring after 2 years, not one though. Should have done it last year, i know, but i was stupid and didn't. I'm contemplating honours/postgrad so maybe that will sway uSyd because they might not like transferring students for only one year. Marketing (what I'm doing) is pretty generic anyway - I can't see the unit content differing greatly between unis.

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC
FUCKING OATH! just checked my mail. i got an offer from UNSW!!

WOOOT!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)