• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Kanye West - Touch The Sky Tour (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Kanye will be doing a series of solo shows around Australia when he comes down to support U2! Including a show at the Opera House!!!!

“TOUCH THE SKY” TOUR CONFIRMED!!
After announcing that Kanye West, the chart topping, multiple platinum-selling and multi-Grammy nominated artist,
would be here as a very special guest on the U2 tour, Michael Coppel is hugely pleased to be able to confirm that the
ground-breaking artist will now be playing his own headlining shows.
Arguably the most important creative force in hip-hop music today, Kanye West is in a league of his own, building the
future of hip-hop as he digs back in time with his unique ear for samples that connect the past with the present in a
brand new way.
No matter where you lived in 2004, if you owned a radio, a TV, a computer or a CD player, Kanye West had broken into
your music consciousness with his first album “The College Dropout”.
This debut from the producer/taste-maker/rapper/video director/label CEO/hip-hop icon has gone on to sell in excess of
3 million copies and garnered 2 Grammy Awards (“Best Rap Album of the Year” & “Best Rap Song” for “Jesus Walks”).
“The College Dropout” was named “Album of the Year” by The New York Times, Time Magazine, Blender, Rolling
Stone, GQ, Spin, The Source, XXL and nearly every other major publication.
Now Kanye’s follow-up album, 2005’s “Late Registration”, has reaffirmed West at the top of his game.
Featuring the smash hit singles “Diamonds From Sierra Leone” and “Gold Digger” and the soon-to-be smash “Heard
Em Say”, “Late Registration” is a must for any music fan. “Gold Digger” hit #1 in Australia and around the world,
propelling Australian sales of the album toward platinum.
Already named as Rolling Stone’s # 1 album of 2005, Kanye is also up for 8 Grammy Awards including “Album of the
Year”, “Record of the Year”, “Best Rap Solo”, “Best Rap Song Collaboration”, “Best Rap Song” and “Best Rap Album”.
Kanye has also won the “Artist Achievement Award” at the 2005 Billboard Awards, was recently named in Time
Magazine’s list of “the 100 most influential people in the world”, featuring on the magazine’s cover, and received Rolling
Stone’s “Troublemaker of the Year” Award.
In Australia West’s performing line up will number between 12 to upwards of 25 people, including a drummer, keyboard
player, DJ, backing vocalists, a musical director, a harpist and string sections of varying size.
In Sydney, at Kanye’s special request, he will be rockin’ the house with a very special show featuring the augmented
string section at the iconic Sydney Opera House Concert Hall, a venue whose unique architecture West has always
admired.
Kanye West – it’s a must!
THURSDAY MARCH 16 AUCKLAND ST. JAMES
MONDAY MARCH 20 BRISBANE CONVENTION CENTRE
THURSDAY MARCH 23 MELBOURNE FESTIVAL HALL
WEDNESDAY MARCH 29 ADELAIDE THEBARTON THEATRE
SUNDAY APRIL 2 SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY FEBRUARY 10

the crowd will be HORRIBLE, itll just be like walking into a supre store and north parra maccas at the same time, but alas i will try to make it, the opera house wooooooooooo ticket prices might be a bit hefty though. I'll bring more details later, but GOD DAMNNNNNNNNNNN there will be so many teenyboppers there!!!! they should make it an 18 + show!!

hopefully their mummys wont let them go :(

if i lose tickets out to some fully sick teenyboppers who are 'omg i love gold digger i HAVE to go im the biggest fan evah' i will be pissed off.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
where are they selling the tickets for kanye??...and how much are they??

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Master Yoda said:
i can understand michael buble goin 2 the opera house - was a good concert

i can understand olivia newton john goin 2 the opera house

but kanye west? a rapper? hwat the fuck
It's our most famous venue, it's about being 'one of the best'.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
yea... everything at the opera house is tonnes classy...

- Bogus psychics/chanellers etc have appeared in the white house...
- Pyramid scheme pricks have...
- Religious nuts have..
- Crappy 'artistic' performances that no one wanted to see...
- Aus Idol...

The reason kanye west probably wants to go to the opera house is because it's the best venue we have and one of the best in the world. He is extremely popular and he has the means to do it, why the hell wouldn't you?

Last edited:

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
HOWWWWWWWW MUUUUUUCCCCCH HOOOWWWWW MUCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHH

???????????????

methinks i would like to see kanye.
methinks i would like to see tix prices first
methinks i would like to have money when tix go on sale.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
They'll let anyone perform at the Opera house. Hell, even I've performed there.

I'm just sayin'

Last edited:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
kanyes cool because he acts as a medium between pop rap and hip hop. He gave common great beats and BE was very successful i praise him for that because hip hop artists hardly get any recognition while sell-out pop rappers hog all the mainstream success.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
this is gonna cost a fortune for sure... looking at over a 100 easy id say...

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
apparently Kanye is dating Pamela Anderson Lee.....

does n e 1 know where the tix are gonna be sold???...like ticketek or ticketmaster...

is there even a concert...coz ive checked on the opera house website and they dont have nothing...and i checked at the SEC website n i didnt have nttn...and neither ticketek or ticketmaster have nttn...

maybe he is only supporting U2...n not having his own concert

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
ticketek for sydney... search it up... i saw it a few hours ago so unless coppel wants to fuck up for the first time it should still be there...

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
pam lee is in the video for 'touch the sky' i dont know about them dating though.

and yes it is on the ticketek website, it is official, and no its not him supporting it his OWN headlining concert.

spiny norman

HSC
Master Yoda said:
i can understand michael buble goin 2 the opera house - was a good concert

i can understand olivia newton john goin 2 the opera house

but kanye west? a rapper? hwat the fuck
Olivia Newton-John and Michael Buble - there's nothing wrong with that, but let's draw the line at Kanye West? You're a bit of a drongo, aren't you?

Also I've never liked the Opera House much as a venue. It looks good, but when you're in there, it's not so good.

I may go to this. Depends on the ticket prices.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
awesome! i am there

hope it isnt too expensive....is opera house all sitting?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)