KFC Interview. (1 Viewer)

sach1990

HSC
I have to attend one next week..so what is it like what kind of questions do they ask?
Is it easy to pass the interview? i really need a job i dont care how much they will pay me.
any kind of help would be appreciated. thanks.

Last edited:

yer8899

HSC
its really easy to pass. as long as you don't act like a basket case you'll do fine. i cant remember what questions they asked but they're not the type of questions you'll need to prepare for.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
I had a kfc interview last year, it was really easy, just basic qus that all job interviewers ask... but I didnt join cause there was no shifts that I could attend lol

sach1990

HSC
its really easy to pass. as long as you don't act like a basket case you'll do fine. i cant remember what questions they asked but they're not the type of questions you'll need to prepare for.
ohhk..so do they ask 'why do u wanna work for kfc ?' kind of stuff? if they do then im gonna need some help. i dont know what ill say.

sach1990

HSC
I had a kfc interview last year, it was really easy, just basic qus that all job interviewers ask... but I didnt join cause there was no shifts that I could attend lol
ok..thanks. so did they ask u why u wanted to work for them? and if they did what did u say? lol if u dont mind.

sach1990

HSC
I remember him asking me what the initials of my school name stood for, how long I plan on working there for, and just really basic questions like that. He didn't ask me why I wanted to work there. If they do ask you why you want to work there, just say that you like working in a team.
Considering I got the job and replied with "I don't know" to most of the q's he asked me, I think it's very easy to get a job there.

As long as you pass the exam and get an interview, you're basically hired. Though, I am aware that when I still worked there, my manager was against anyone who had previously worked at a different location, because it usually meant that they got fired.

Anyway, hope that helped.
That was really helpful !! Thankyou!!
though i think i can do better than just giving plain 'i dont now' answers...lol...but i was planning to say something like i have a passion for customer service for a 'why u wanna work with us' question but i think u just gave me a better answer...since the interview is for a team member position what u said sounds more related to the job i will be doing. thanks again.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
I have to attend one next week..so what is it like what kind of questions do they ask?
Is it easy to pass the interview? i really need a job i dont care how much they will pay me.
any kind of help would be appreciated. thanks.
its a KFC interview...you have to be retarded not to get the job

kara42

HSC
ohhk..so do they ask 'why do u wanna work for kfc ?' kind of stuff? if they do then im gonna need some help. i dont know what ill say.
the truth - that you need money and are prepared to work for it.

Kiim2507

HSC
I had an interview like 3 months ago. They didn't ask me any of the expected questions like 'Why fast food' 'Why KFC' etc.

I got asked stuff like
'What do you do outside of school?'
'Name a situation where you have had to work in a team and how you overcame any problems encountered.'
'How would you feel if we called you up to come in and work on a day you weren't rostered for?'
'How long do you plan on working here for?'
'Would you be interested in cooking or serving?'
'What would you do in a situation where a customer is complaining?'

I answered stuff like:
I play soccer which has taught me the importance of team work
I did drama for HSC and we had to work in a group for our major work. We did have some issues with people turning up late to rehaersals so we just took them aside and privately asked them to try be on time so it didn't feel as though we were ganging up on them
Yeah that would be fine as long as I had time to get there and didn't have anything important on
I said the whole time I was at uni so 3 years (I honestly don't plan on working there that long but don't say 6 months because otherwise they won't want to hire you. 1-2 years is ok)
I said both (but wanted to serve. I just said both to show I was adaptable)
I said something along the lines of 'Just remain calm, don't raise your voice, try to see their side of the story as well as trying to explain the situation to them' blah blah.

I got the job so I must've done something right :p
But honestly KFC will take anyone...as long as you can communicate effeciently and show a willingness to work.

I know you don't care about the pay but If you are 18 you will get around $12 (it could be worse lol).

But yeah good luck. Hope this helps. Let me know how you go.

sach1990

HSC
the truth - that you need money and are prepared to work for it.
umm no this is gonna be my second job so i really dont give a shit about the pay, but truly im just gonna work there for the experience and... the managers position some day, i wanna be the boss ;)

Last edited:

sach1990

HSC
I had an interview like 3 months ago. They didn't ask me any of the expected questions like 'Why fast food' 'Why KFC' etc.

I got asked stuff like
'What do you do outside of school?'
'Name a situation where you have had to work in a team and how you overcame any problems encountered.'
'How would you feel if we called you up to come in and work on a day you weren't rostered for?'
'How long do you plan on working here for?'
'Would you be interested in cooking or serving?'
'What would you do in a situation where a customer is complaining?'

I answered stuff like:
I play soccer which has taught me the importance of team work
I did drama for HSC and we had to work in a group for our major work. We did have some issues with people turning up late to rehaersals so we just took them aside and privately asked them to try be on time so it didn't feel as though we were ganging up on them
Yeah that would be fine as long as I had time to get there and didn't have anything important on
I said the whole time I was at uni so 3 years (I honestly don't plan on working there that long but don't say 6 months because otherwise they won't want to hire you. 1-2 years is ok)
I said both (but wanted to serve. I just said both to show I was adaptable)
I said something along the lines of 'Just remain calm, don't raise your voice, try to see their side of the story as well as trying to explain the situation to them' blah blah.

I got the job so I must've done something right :p
But honestly KFC will take anyone...as long as you can communicate effeciently and show a willingness to work.

I know you don't care about the pay but If you are 18 you will get around $12 (it could be worse lol).

But yeah good luck. Hope this helps. Let me know how you go.
the most helpful answer right here ! im already starting to feel like i got the job !! you just made my night.
thanks a lot for your time! much appreciated :)

Last edited:

arcticfox

HSC
hehe what Kiim2507 said was pretty spot on,

But basically, if you got an interview, you're basically hired. Just relax, and just give the usual stuff like you enjoy working with people, in a team, etc etc.

sach1990

HSC
yeah i am feeling much better than what i was when i first heard the news about having an interview. from what ppl are saying it looks like i have my foot inside the door so i guess i dont have to worry too much about it.

yo mama so fat

HSC
N/A
i said i wanted to work for KFC because it was a dynamic and exciting job which offered numerous career opportunities and i wanted to be a part of a franchise i was proud of.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
i said i wanted to work for KFC because it was a dynamic and exciting job which offered numerous career opportunities and i wanted to be a part of a franchise i was proud of.
lol! G-d did you read that from the manual? Not attacking you but thats sickening! lol.

Raix

HSC
All the best. =) I applied for KFC and HJ's (Burger King) online and got rejected =| Didn't even get an interview. I doubt it would be too difficult. I've never been to one but uh...=x Just show you can work in a team. A lot of people that I see working in fast food places don't seem like they'd handle an interview fantastically well anyway. Smile, be polite. General stuff.

sach1990

HSC
All the best. =) I applied for KFC and HJ's (Burger King) online and got rejected =| Didn't even get an interview. I doubt it would be too difficult. I've never been to one but uh...=x Just show you can work in a team. A lot of people that I see working in fast food places don't seem like they'd handle an interview fantastically well anyway. Smile, be polite. General stuff.
Thanks Raix and yeah I often see ppl at KFC doing jack shit at the counter, they look stupid doing nothing and I dont know how they can get through the interview. It annoys me sometimes. But I think I will be fine. Ill let you know how it goes anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)