Killing a baby is the same as getting an abortion (1 Viewer)

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
would not hesitate to get an abortion if i found out i was pregnant

like either i fuck up mine and gene's life or just go to some clinic and bam 30 minutes i'm baby free.
even having a kid and giving it up for adoption is the most retarded thing i've ever heard. so many health risks, so much fucking up of your body and inhibiting everything you had planned for the next year as if go through that for a stupid kid you don't even want or get to keep.

and my parents can't judge because my mum's sister had an abortion when she was 15 (like 35 years ago lol) so whatever, trevor.

MY BODY MY CHOICE!!
her body her choice,lol

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Each situation is complex and does not have a simple answer. There are some instances that I would support an abortion and some where I don't. Sometimes I support hysterectomies/orchiectomy for repeat offenders.
So you're saying that some time in your professional future, you would castrate a woman for having too many abortions?

Sainteced

HSC
Uni Grad
If she is continually becoming pregnant unintentionally because she is too lazy to put on a condom or other forms of contraception, yes. She is being an unnecessary weight on society, creating children she has obviously has no intention of taking care of.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
so you are actually saying right now that you will castrate women because you think they're doing bad things

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I think UWS should be informed of that because that is *seriously* messed up dude

Lentern

HSC
If you had an abortion, you should have been an abortion.

qawe

HSC
N/A
"happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks"

Psalm 137:9
CONTEXT - Actually it's: "O Daughter of Babylon who are to be destroyed... happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks" - so it's a reference to victory over an enemy, rather than suggesting it's OK to kill children

Lentern

HSC
CONTEXT - Actually it's: "O Daughter of Babylon who are to be destroyed... happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks" - so it's a reference to victory over an enemy, rather than suggesting it's OK to kill children
By the rivers of Babylon, where we sat down. Yea-eah we wept, when we remembered Zion.

Sainteced

HSC
Uni Grad
These questions don't have simple nor easy answers. But I agree, I should not perform forced abortions on anyone and I was wrong in attempting to justifying it. I feel that children is something that should be well thought of and not approached with by a mistake. Ironically my response was just as impertinent as the 'mistake' I thought I was protecting against. I am sorry.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
let's disregard all those who are stupid enough to have sex without some for of birth control if conceiving a child isn't the aim

what about when it is purely accidental? i've known/known of people who use condoms and are on the pill and have fallen pregnant
of course an abortion is justified if they aren't fit to raise children

but this isn't really a thread about whether or not abortion should be allowed (it should)

is killing a new born really the same as getting an abortion?
i'm inclined to say no.
Emotionally, there would be a significant difference for the parents (i.e. the difference between finding out you've got 16 little cells in your uterus compared to carrying a baby to term, giving birth then deciding to kill it)
morally, there is a difference. Legally a fetus isn't a person until it has breathed so legally killing a newborn is murder.

But then again it's probably just as wrong to bring a retarded child into the world as it is to kill it. both would leave the parents with guilt. the guilt of killing their child vs the guilt of seeing their child fall behind, be bullied etc (inevitable) and also, more often than not, parents blame themselves for something going wrong with their child "could i have done something different during pregnancy" etc even though it's not their fault (most of the time)
Parents are allowed to terminate their pregnancy if their amniocentesis shows the baby is retarded (i'm p sure all women over 35 have them these days) but what if the mother is younger and doesn't have one? it's not fair that she should have to go through bringing up a retarded kid when if she was a few years older she would have found out and had the choice to terminate.

i dunno. It's pretty much the same as euthanasia, in my mind. It's illegal, but it's more wrong (imo) to let someone continue living in pain/their mind completely gone than it is to turn up their morphine drip and let them die. My grandmother was pretty much euthanised. she was in lots of pain and didn't know what was going on half the time (when she did she was p much only frustrated/angry with herself) so her morphine was turned up and the Drs knew she would have breathing difficulties with that dose, but she felt no pain and just 'went to sleep'

tl;dr should be allowed an abortion, should not be allowed to kill a kid because you change your mind, should be allowed to if the kid is retarded.
sounds fucked, but what lolsmoth said, it would place less of a strain on resources, parents, health care, schooling, everything. more humane to end its life than let it live one where it is pretty much going to be ridiculed and is sueless (and probably knows it)
Change the definition of 'personhood' to when you can do up your own shoelaces
problem solved

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
You seem to be saying it is never the done thing for an animal to kill a juvenile member of it's own species. Educate yourself on some basic facts about animals pls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanticide_(zoology)

All sorts of animals practice infanticide all the time, there is commonly advantage in killing your children, therefore humans are justified in killing children when it advantages them (all the time)

um,
http://www.newscientist.com/article...olution-promotes-the-survival-of-species.html

Evolution doesn't preserve 'species', there is often competition between members of the same 'species', competitive exclusion, mothers of other species neglect non-viable offspring.
Keeping a disabled/stupid/ugly/ranga child alive excludes you from raising another child who is reproductively viable (opportunity cost), murdering your unproductive offspring is perfectly valid in this light.

Also your theory that it's justified to act in whatever maximizes my reproductive success, says that it is justified for me to rape all the white women:

http://heinonline.org/HOL/LandingPa...andle=hein.journals/juraba39&div=20&id=&page=

I personally think we should consider using reason.
Graney the voice of reason re: killing babies

cssftw

HSC
Well the idea of "killing a baby" normally brings to mind an act of utmost inhumanity - normally involves brutal actions like throwing them off a cliff, starving them, stabbing them. People who do these sick acts do so in an attempt to directly inflict harm on a defenceless innocent baby.

HOWEVER ABORTION IS NOT THE SAME as this - parallels can't be drawn to abortion and murdering a baby using direct force.

If you compared the acts of ABORTION & Killing a baby using an airstrike - that would be much more suitable - because they are indirect forms of murder
AND USA kills babies with airstrikes, everyone's cool with it, it is necessary for national security, I don't get what the deal with abortion is anyways. PRO-CHOICE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)