Kind of confused. (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
How much Japanese do you already know Tim?
If you're already confident enough, I'd do the intermediate classes first. See how it is first week and drop down to elementary if need be.

I'm out. Sick of my net dying. :(

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
tutorials and all that won't fill up before then??
Tutorial registration for the Arts & Education Faculty opens on Monday, so at worst, you'll have a days wait, which shouldn't be too bad.

What specific questions do you have, and i'll try and get an answer for you tomoro when i'm at work?

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
just what electives are good to take in conjunction with a Japanese/ International Affairs degree.

that's basically what i am down to everything else has pretty much been answered.

thanks man.

blue_chameleon

HSC
just what electives are good to take in conjunction with a Japanese/ International Affairs degree.

that's basically what i am down to everything else has pretty much been answered.

thanks man.
Tbh, I don't think they could even answer that question hey.

You have to choose 8 elective courses over the 4 years. If you're looking at transferring into the Arts/Law double, maybe try a LAWS course to see if you really want to get into Law.

Otherwise, a) think about what subject areas you were most interested in your HSC, or b) what works in with your timetable for the semester.

But yeah, not sure that they would offer much advice on elective choices. As long as you have your major courses worked out, you could even wait until 2nd year to choose electives.

For now, enrol in your major courses and then worry about the elective on Tuesday if you haven't figured it out by then.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
Ok man thanks i feel alot more secure about it now.

wonder if i can take maths electives lol.

but yeah i should be pretty good now.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I have to do a whole pile of maths for one of my subjects next sem I think coz it's all this surveying crap. Haven't done maths in years :eek:

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
hagaren, when it comes to politics, take some care in picking your courses. I did heaps of politics in my 2nd year and really enjoyed some of the courses, while others were really boring. Theres courses in there that are modern and look at some really relevant and interesting issues, like relations between pakistan and india and the impact of american foreign policy (try to do poli2030). Unfortunately others are really historical in their content, looking at issues such as the development of marxism, postmodernism and other theories that will make you fall asleep. whatever you do, dont do poli2050

blue_chameleon

HSC
hagaren, when it comes to politics, take some care in picking your courses. I did heaps of politics in my 2nd year and really enjoyed some of the courses, while others were really boring. Theres courses in there that are modern and look at some really relevant and interesting issues, like relations between pakistan and india and the impact of american foreign policy (try to do poli2030). Unfortunately others are really historical in their content, looking at issues such as the development of marxism, postmodernism and other theories that will make you fall asleep. whatever you do, dont do poli2050
Agreed.

Don't ever choose Political Theory courses.

Evar!

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
is it wrong that i still dont know what course i want to do at uni

zhou2liang

HSC
relax, man, look at me, I sent more than 300 applications to apply jobs, got nothing
these are hard part in you life

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)